6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 6N 2020

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:39 pm What happens if England and Ireland end up on equal points and equal points scored/conceded difference?
I would assume head to head?

Ireland might rue that late try v Italy.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

3 errors in 5 mins by Stockdale has caused all sorts of brad pitt, & made Doris make a stupid decision. It’s still possible but we need to switch on. Decision to not go for pen / dp at ht, by sexton was appalling.

I want to see Stockdale play with the desire of a starving dog.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

We might win, but not by as much as we need, we aren't explosive enough
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Would argue Dupont is as good a SH as Aaron Smith
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Fed up watching this Ireland team kick aimlessly.
God Murray is slow.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Stockdale has had an absolute shocker.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Omnishambles.
Stockdale's try doesn't make up for an 89 minute nightmare.
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

Very frustrating tonight.
Aki lost the plot in the second half. What on Earth was that kick that led to the third try. No wonder he was given the hook. Why he is in that team over McCloskey beats me (or even Farrell for that matter). It was the final straw in any resistance. But in reality France easily deserved that victory.
No doubt the naysayers will be out around Jacob but he is an enormously talented player that doesn’t come along that often. He definitely thrives on confidence which is clearly lacking at the minute. He needs a massive arm around him to remind him of his immense talent. Dan and Andy need to dig deep if they want to harness what he can do. I guess this is where the coaches earn their money... Personally I would rather he was in my team/squad than anyone else’s.
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

SparkyClarky wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:24 pm Fed up watching this Ireland team kick aimlessly.
God Murray is slow.
Not sure he is that fast to be honest... :shock: I was even calling for Gibson-park at the end. Unbelievable scenes....
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

solidarity wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:05 pm Omnishambles.
Stockdale's try doesn't make up for an 89 minute nightmare.
Stockdale scored then fumbled the ball really just summed up his night.

Hes an excellent player. He will be better next week.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I hope Farrell will use these next games as a free shot to find out about what he has at his disposal. Sextons response at being subbed should be met with a.... theres the exit. Nobody is bigger than the team.

I'm not convinced by Andy Farrell as a head coach but tonight I cannot point to him as to why we lost. Basic skills which players have to take individual responsibility for were shocking.

All this hype about Ryan and although his all round game is good he never seems to get over the gain line.

Bealham ahead of Marty Moore is a real head scratcher.

Ireland have a real issue at hooker and half back.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Feel for Jacob, he's a talented player when on form but his confidence playing for ireland is taking a battering. His languid style doesn't help and it comes across as half hearted at times. He is a big lump and needs to use it more. Look at how henshaw scored his try, dogging it out and bumping people off, Jake is more than capable of doing that but needs to get more animated on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

There is nothing lanquid about him ball in hand -- his problem is an eighty minute concentration one -- forwards have few problems with concentration because your close to the action and following the ball and or playing to your script . For a back "the script" is less black and white its about trying to read what the opposition backs are going to do next and finding your position and then coping with the ball when it comes to you your not always close to the action to concentrate the mind on the task. hence the knocks -ons if your a metre out of position .

His game yesterday was a mixture of " the good , the bad, and the sad " I always thought he was the back who would score but also the one who could muck it up and provide the scoring opportunity to the opposition.

I don't know why Aki got the call for yesterdays game -- if your playing a McClosky type game at 12,I would play the original rather than a copy.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Stockdale is being overcriticised here. Sure, he made mistakes but he also did good things.
The real problem was the sudden malfunction of our set pieces in the second half. You cannot win if you can't win your own lineouts.
Schmidt must have been pulling his hair out if he was watching the unforced and silly errors. I am not able to finger the culprit so it must have been a collective brainstorm by the pack.
Not taking the 3 points before the break was silly too.
I also think Aki was good, especially in the first half. Connors is definitely at this level. Ringrose, Furlong and Henderson would add a lot to this team.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

I've read the reports and notice the the Irish independent in its player ratings have two players marked 4 and it was Herring and Stockdale.Surprise surprise.
If my memory is correct there was 1 lineout malfunction on Herrings throw while his replacement!!!!!!! And when Ireland want to make ground and started to use Stockdale i understand he had most metres gained on the Irish team.
No mention of Conways failure to tackle on the French try failure of the set piece Etc. etc.and my point. Except for what is usually an excellent analysis in the 42 the press ain't worth reading.I
Ireland had an off day,some players are getting long in the tooth and if they are not going to be at the next world cup drop them. Tactics might have been correct but application was wrong and back up plan applied to late and finally France played well.