Coronavirus 2020 - What can I do?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Coronavirus 2020 - What can I do?

Post by Dave »

The oddness (madness) lies in what was allowed previously before the second wave.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:39 pm Seems odd that given that bigger crowds than 500 were allowed before anyone had been vaccinated.

The Irish cup final is being played at some minute non-league standard ground too.
Irish Cup Final at Glenavon's ground - Mourneview Park on Friday night (assuming nothing happens with Crusaders' appeal). 1,000 allowed in for test event.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Dave wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:41 pm If that happens the mRNA would disperse as the lipids melt. You would be injected with just the salts, fats and sugar. You would be better having a fry and a few cream buns.
Tell me this Dave. You might know.

I've had the Novavax vaccine. It's not approved. Not sure when it will be. I've plans coming up and I'll likely need to be vaccinated.

Is there any danger to me getting Pfizer?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

damianmcr wrote:
Dave wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:41 pm If that happens the mRNA would disperse as the lipids melt. You would be injected with just the salts, fats and sugar. You would be better having a fry and a few cream buns.
Tell me this Dave. You might know.

I've had the Novavax vaccine. It's not approved. Not sure when it will be. I've plans coming up and I'll likely need to be vaccinated.

Is there any danger to me getting Pfizer?
Damien I would recommend consulting a medical professional. There are studies ongoing about mixing vaccines with no particular safety issues reported. I don't see a mechanism for harm but it is important to get the correct advice.

I take it you were part of a trial. I know folk who took part in trials are having difficulty getting proof for travel purposes.

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Yeah part of the trial. Gov advice is still not to mix and so far I am not at the stage I will get another. I know plenty have.

It's not even proof. I have a certificate and a letter. More that only vaccines approved by the EU or on the WHO list will allow entry without a PCR test. Its just a pain to get a PCR test but I will get it done.

Cheers
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:59 pm Yeah part of the trial. Gov advice is still not to mix and so far I am not at the stage I will get another. I know plenty have.

It's not even proof. I have a certificate and a letter. More that only vaccines approved by the EU or on the WHO list will allow entry without a PCR test. Its just a pain to get a PCR test but I will get it done.

Cheers
Got a £60 PCR yesterday at 15:23 and got the (negative) result this morning at 03:05. All very straightforward, if a bit irksome, as Spain accept proof of double vaccination, but NI.gov.uk will not provide the proof for that destination. At least I won't have to quarantine on return although another PCR test will be required.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

big mervyn wrote:
damianmcr wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:59 pm Yeah part of the trial. Gov advice is still not to mix and so far I am not at the stage I will get another. I know plenty have.

Cheers
Got a £60 PCR yesterday at 15:23 and got the (negative) result this morning at 03:05. All very straightforward, if a bit irksome, as Spain accept proof of double vaccination, but NI.gov.uk will not provide the proof for that destination. At least I won't have to quarantine on return although another PCR test will be required.
Why wouldn't they provide vaccine proof for Spain? Is it not based on when you are due to travel as to why they are limiting the paper passports?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:35 pm
big mervyn wrote:

Cheers
Why wouldn't they provide vaccine proof for Spain? Is it not based on when you are due to travel as to why they are limiting the paper passports?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I think it's because it is not essential for Spain at present. A negative PCR will suffice and they would have difficulty handling the volume of applications that Spain would generate. It's a shambles.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Turns out I needb't have bothered. Showed them my Irish passport and was waved through without a look at my PCR results. Meanwhile, the Brits were directed into a slow lane, presumably for a more rigorous examination of their credentials 😂
Big Neville Southall
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Ah, the joys of dual citizenship. Somebody should tell the bonfire builders.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

**digs trench**
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

DR4 if it wasn't for the bonfire builders there wouldn't be duel citizenship
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:30 am**digs trench**
Looks good.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:21 pm
Dave wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:30 am**digs trench**
Looks good.
I'd feel almost safe in it!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hop in. We have beer and snacks.