Coronavirus 2020 - What can I do?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Coronavirus 2020 - What can I do?

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I see the BBC have stated NI have the lowest % vaccinated in GB . could this be due the fact that Ni has a lower number of qualify persons as a % of the total population ie at the average age of the population of NI is lower than the rest of GB. some statistics are bullish-t and therefore worthless.
Now is the time to start vaccinating the social mixing morons. Ie the households of 4 or more persons over the age of 15 .

of course they have started --anyone who is vulnerable and their carers --(do toe-gags and parents qualify)
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:21 am I see the BBC have stated NI have the lowest % vaccinated in GB . could this be due the fact that Ni has a lower number of qualify persons as a % of the total population ie at the average age of the population of NI is lower than the rest of GB. some statistics are bullish-t and therefore worthless.
Now is the time to start vaccinating the social mixing morons. Ie the households of 4 or more persons over the age of 15 .

of course they have started --anyone who is vulnerable and their carers --(do toe-gags and parents qualify)
On the other hand we probably have the highest percentage of vulnerable adults, if the no. DLA claimants are anything to go by. :lol:

Some of it is probably down to a rural population. Scotland is lower than England too.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The vaccination rollout has been an excellent operation thus far. All parts of the UK are on track. There are stato nerds on twitter obsessing over minimal differences. It's a non issue. Sadly the ROI are lagging behind which will be an issue for us however.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I can see real issue developing should opening up diverge significantly between North and South. Given the reports coming out today which support the extended one dose roll out pressure should mount in ROI to follow suit. I'll also expect to see calls fo the psni to turn back southern holiday makers come July from the usual suspects if things continue as is.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It would be wise to assist the Mexicans in providing some additional vaccines. There is no point hogging surplus doses (if it comes to that) whilst new variants begin to develop in other countries. Particularly our neighbours and kin downstairs.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Dave wrote:It would be wise to assist the Mexicans in providing some additional vaccines. There is no point hogging surplus doses (if it comes to that) whilst new variants begin to develop in other countries. Particularly our neighbours and kin downstairs.
I thought Brussels had told them that they couldn't accept it and the AZ vaccine isn't effective you know.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

waggonsroll wrote:
Dave wrote:It would be wise to assist the Mexicans in providing some additional vaccines. There is no point hogging surplus doses (if it comes to that) whilst new variants begin to develop in other countries. Particularly our neighbours and kin downstairs.
I thought Brussels had told them that they couldn't accept it and the AZ vaccine isn't effective you know.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk
The EMA recommended clinical use weeks ago.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Party Time. Had the vaccine dose 1 last Saturday. Dose 2 is 1st May 2021 which is a bugger as its a Bank Holiday and, Garda Checkpoints permitting, it means I will late up to Donegal.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:19 pm Party Time. Had the vaccine dose 1 last Saturday. Dose 2 is 1st May 2021 which is a bugger as its a Bank Holiday and, Garda Checkpoints permitting, it means I will late up to Donegal.
Yer exactly one day behind me for both doses.

Ya Boo Sucks :party:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Went to McKees last weekend.

Full of vaccinated old biddies barging me out of the way.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:52 am Went to McKees last weekend.

Full of vaccinated old biddies barging me out of the way.
And exactly what is wrong with my mother in law? >threaten
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Contrary to media and opposition political spin, the vaccine rollout is going quite well down here.
Latest estimates say at least 4.8 million doses will be given out down here by the end of June. That includes 600k of the single dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine due from April. It might even be more if supplies improve.
We have been giving a lot of second doses 3 to 4 weeks after the first one which sets us apart from the UK practice.
90% of adults will have the first shot by end of June and, assuming the other 10% are refusals or apathy, I would say every adult who wants one will have got one.
So you shouldn't have problems coming down for holidays in July. I just want to get to Spain!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There is no spin involved the ROI have been comparitively slow in rolling out the vaccine. Of course mostly supply issues. According to the nerds on twitter NI has vaccinated 35.9% of the adult population, ROI has managed 7.2%. The weekly rate up here is about 5% while ROI managing 1.7%. You will be nearly a year giving a first dose at that rate. The 3 week interval for the booster will significantly slow things down. Obviously it will speed up with supply but end of June appears optimistic. Hopefully it's true because I've plenty of family in the 70+ category.

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Given the evidence coming out of the effectiveness of a one dose strategy the South should follow GB & NI and switch from the 3-4 week interval one. Following europe on this makes no sense given the connectivity of the 2 islands. The North had been lectured for months to follow an all ireland strategy, but what happens now the shoe is on the other foot?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk