2023 world cup

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

2023 world cup

Post by Bobbievee »

what's the reasoning behind the rush for the WRC draw to be made this morning? ie nearly 3 years early, and on last seasons performances/rankings.
so, eg Wales in Tier 1.
This time next year would surely have been sufficient, in the hope that a normal year of fixtures around the world might have happened.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 2023 world cup

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bobbievee wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:21 pm what's the reasoning behind the rush for the WRC draw to be made this morning? ie nearly 3 years early, and on last seasons performances/rankings.
so, eg Wales in Tier 1.
This time next year would surely have been sufficient, in the hope that a normal year of fixtures around the world might have happened.
We have this same discussion every four years. It appears ridiculous, but I'm sure some alacadoo can justify it
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ireland will likely face NZ or France if they can emerge from their group.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Go ahead, somebody humour us, what on earth is the logic?

Or, at least point us to the four year old thread that explains it
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I’ve previously read that the travel companies like as much time as they can to get the hotels reserved, but they seem to manage OK for the football.

Somewhat closer on the horizon, it seems, is a two Test tour of the Pacific Islands next summer (subject to you know what).

That could make up for having to cancel my trip to Newport last Easter!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Snipe Watson wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:09 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:21 pm what's the reasoning behind the rush for the WRC draw to be made this morning? ie nearly 3 years early, and on last seasons performances/rankings.
so, eg Wales in Tier 1.
We have this same discussion every four years. It appears ridiculous, but I'm sure some alacadoo can justify it
Oh good. All I need now is a time machine
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Frankly, who really cares?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:42 pm I’ve previously read that the travel companies like as much time as they can to get the hotels reserved, but they seem to manage OK for the football.
Rugger chaps (HWM excepted, of course) prefer 5* accommodation which needs to be booked at least a decade in advance, and narrowed down to which country's fans will use that at least 4 years out.

Footy yobs (HWM included, of course) just need a campsite/travellodge-type/doss-house/pub floor to roll up to on the day. :stir:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:31 pm
justinr73 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:42 pm I’ve previously read that the travel companies like as much time as they can to get the hotels reserved, but they seem to manage OK for the football.
Rugger chaps (HWM excepted, of course) prefer 5* accommodation which needs to be booked at least a decade in advance, and narrowed down to which country's fans will use that at least 4 years out.

Footy yobs (HWM included, of course) just need a campsite/travellodge-type/doss-house/pub floor to roll up to on the day. :stir:
Hark at the boy who only t'other day was giving out about generalizations applied to "footy yobs"! :lol:

... anyway, it's impossible for HWM to stay in a 5* hotel since the establishment automatically loses at least one star by virtue of the fact that he is on the premises.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:11 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Hark at the boy who only t'other day was giving out about generalizations applied to "footy yobs"! :lol:
Congrats on the success of yer sarcasm detection surgery - it appears that all of your sarcasm detection neurons have been removed. :duck:

I do confess that whilst I hoped to 🎣, I didn't expect it to be you that I'd reel in. :lol:

You will note that my latest post elsewhere on this forum comes with an acknowledgement that it was written sarcastically, to aid your recovery from surgery. :thumright:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Rollup, roll up.

World Cup tickets on sale from 12.00 CET tomorrow.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Tonga beat Hong Kong to complete Irelands group.

Ireland
South Africa
Scotland
Tonga
Romania

Should be a comfortable enough win over Tonga but they have potentially the likes of Folau, Piutau, Fekitoa who didn't play against Hong Kong to add to their squad.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Semi final time.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:07 pmSemi final time.
Just think if Ryan had of gone to the corner against France we would have beaten both our potential QF opponents in this calendar year
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:07 pmSemi final time.
Just think if Ryan had of gone to the corner against France we would have beaten both our potential QF opponents in this calendar year
Should be favourites against any side bar France/SA.