All the best Cooney.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: All the best Cooney.

Post by Dave »

FFS. It's an anonymous forum. It's a moniker and some stupid avatar with a bunch words associated. Nobody actually knows if rum is real. Could be a Russian bot or some clever guy wumming everyone else. If you get bullied on here delete your account and start again. That's what I do. You always come back meaner. I've multiple accounts on here. Some of my accounts have bullied each other. I don't get involved.

Bullying for real is abhorrent by the way.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Covid must be a nightmare for the school bully. Not these new-fangled cyber bullies; rather the traditional old-school bully who would stick your head down the bog and steal your dinner money.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:48 am Covid must be a nightmare for the school bully. Not these new-fangled cyber bullies; rather the traditional old-school bully who would stick your head down the bog and steal your dinner money.
Bullies are cowards. Many are the memories I have from my alma mater, one of our ‘elite’ grammar Royal schools that we like to kid ourselves are something better than what they are. At least two suicides in my time that I have no doubt were linked to bullying. My abiding memory of an incident, not bullying but says a lot, was a prefect, now a pillar of the community, taking the top off a bottle of milk, gobbing into it, and replacing the cap before the first formers came in (I sorted it).

Btw, feck all to do with Cooney but what the hell, memories!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Tbh, I've come across more bullies in the workplace than at school. Youy could argue, that in that respect, the schoolyard bully is an essential part of the curriculum.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Marco wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:37 am
big mervyn wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:48 am Covid must be a nightmare for the school bully. Not these new-fangled cyber bullies; rather the traditional old-school bully who would stick your head down the bog and steal your dinner money.
Bullies are cowards. Many are the memories I have from my alma mater, one of our ‘elite’ grammar Royal schools that we like to kid ourselves are something better than what they are. At least two suicides in my time that I have no doubt were linked to bullying. My abiding memory of an incident, not bullying but says a lot, was a prefect, now a pillar of the community, taking the top off a bottle of milk, gobbing into it, and replacing the cap before the first formers came in (I sorted it).

Btw, feck all to do with Cooney but what the hell, memories!
No wonder Thatcher ruined all their fun.

Mind you, it was quite hard to gob in that little hole where the straw went.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

these complainers mustn't have been around in the days of Boggy Mouth!
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

My theory is Baggy is Rum
Dura lex sed lex
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Blackskulllad wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:03 pm There are plenty of runts on this forum need to take a long hard look in the mirror. Then address the issues they have, that make them need to belittle others
This runt is well enough known by many people on here, and can be easily identified by most who don't know me.

Must admit, I was briefly bullied at primary school, but then made the (wot I thought intelligent) decision to befriend the biggest boy in our year. He wasn't a bully - just a gentle giant (comparatively), but no one picked on him and by association, me neither. At secondary level, being ok at sports was usually enough to avoid the bullies, of which there were still a number. Playing rugby got me by.

As for being a keyboard warrior, I'm content in myself that I haven't said anything on here to anyone that i wouldn't say to their face, or wouldn't change if they were to confront me.

Have I made mistakes? - you bet I have, but hopefully (and in my own mind) not maliciously.

Although I suspect Adolf possibly thought the same. Now, has anyone seen Godwin? I also suspect he might have been bullied by the Nazis.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I must confess though that a long time ago on one of the fore-runners of this forum, using the monicker "The Rev Willy Spooner", I did call someone a "shining wit" :oops: . . .

. . . but as he didn't know what a Spoonerism was, he took it as a compliment, not the blushing crow that was intended. :D
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Thelaw wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:15 pm My theory is Baggy is Rum
Hmmm. Maintaining Baggy's and Rum's combined output in their collective prime would be beyond most ordinary mortals. Some of us can confirm Baggy's corporeal (and quite amiable it has to be said) existance. Not sure about Rum?

Have to say, all those years playing street rugby in Isoline St, or wherever, seems to have given Rum the hide of a rhinocerous. I do admire his ability to roll with the insults and my hunch is that he's well fit for it.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:21 pm
Hmmm. Maintaining Baggy's and Rum's combined output in their collective prime would be beyond most ordinary mortals. Some of us can confirm Baggy's corporeal (and quite amiable it has to be said) existance. Not sure about Rum?

Have to say, all those years playing street rugby in Isoline St, or wherever, seems to have given Rum the hide of a rhinocerous. I do admire his ability to roll with the insults and my hunch is that he's well fit for it.
I concur re old Baggy Trews.

As for Rumn, he has to be real - even bots have some degree of artificial intelligence. I agree he's well able for it - and I'm happy to take it in return from him. (Ooh err missus :shock: )
I'm not arguing -
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:28 pm
big mervyn wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:21 pm

I concur re old Baggy Trews.

As for Rumn, he has to be real - even bots have some degree of artificial intelligence. I agree he's well able for it - and I'm happy to take it in return from him. (Ooh err missus :shock: )
I think Rumn is his own man and not Baggy. Rumn doesn't give two hoots what anyone thinks. He has his views and is happy with them.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Mods, please delete this thread.

Thanks
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:38 pm I think Rumn is his own man and not Baggy. Rumn doesn't give two hoots what anyone thinks. He has his views and is happy with them.
It can be annoying trying to decypher his posts and it's probably better not to bother, but I gotta say, fair play to him for that.
I'm not arguing -
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:37 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:38 pm I think Rumn is his own man and not Baggy. Rumn doesn't give two hoots what anyone thinks. He has his views and is happy with them.
It can be annoying trying to decypher his posts and it's probably better not to bother, but I gotta say, fair play to him for that.
Yup