Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by justinr73 »

For the rest of his contract, presumably.
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

Dharper wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:47 am Could understand on paper with Ewers playing profile could be beneficial BUT ultimately his legs have gone those 200+ prem games have added up, and he wasn’t the fastest anyway to start with.

It’ll be interesting what Murphy does with them til end of season.
It never made sense, he's primarily a defensive player and we need a carrier to add ballast and go forward which is lacking when McCloskey doesn't play. The guy was being phased out at Exeter before he came here for a reason.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

earl the beaver wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:43 pm
Dharper wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:47 am Could understand on paper with Ewers playing profile could be beneficial BUT ultimately his legs have gone those 200+ prem games have added up, and he wasn’t the fastest anyway to start with.

It never made sense, he's primarily a defensive player and we need a carrier to add ballast and go forward which is lacking when McCloskey doesn't play. The guy was being phased out at Exeter before he came here for a reason.
Is starting 16 matches, including the 4 European group games in which he scored a couple of tries, “being phased out”?

He was benching in the knock outs after he’d announced he was joining Ulster.
earl the beaver
Novice

Kitshoff on his way after one season?

Linked with move back to SA https://www.planetrugby.com/news/if-not ... ie-erasmus
earl the beaver
Novice

justinr73 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:51 pm
earl the beaver wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Is starting 16 matches, including the 4 European group games in which he scored a couple of tries, “being phased out”?

He was benching in the knock outs after he’d announced he was joining Ulster.
Vermeulen and Kirsten got more minutes than in previous seasons.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Er no, Kirsten got about 60% of his minutes from the season before and then left.

Vermeulen got a couple of extra games and has played at 7 this season, a position Ewers has never started at in his career, so a weird way of phasing him out.

It’s quite time consuming fact-checking your posts.

Please get better.
Ds69
Novice

Post by Ds69 »

https://twitter.com/SJA_McC/status/1767 ... wr7Sg&s=19

"BREAKING NEWS

I have been informed by a source whom I trust that Ulster Rugby gave Stuart McCloskey permission to look around for another club to join but then pulled the plug at the last minute"
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

So it sounds like Ulster went back to Bayonne at the last minute asking for greater compo.

I'm delighted he's staying, but this is a mess. What this is basically saying is that until this week McCloskey had it in his head that he was going, and now the rug has been pulled. I'd never doubt McCloskey's commitment to Ulster but this has to have messed with his head.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tuilagi is joining Bayonne.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Munster have confirmed the signing of Billy on Instagram.

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

shamalicious wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:24 pm Munster have confirmed the signing of Billy on Instagram.
1 year deal.
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

shamalicious wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:24 pm Munster have confirmed the signing of Billy on Instagram.
It is not being received well on their IG post
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

Thank f**k. Bye bye

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

1yr deal so he can come back to ulster after our experimental year fails.
NoPayneNoGain
Novice

Post by NoPayneNoGain »

thecrouch wrote:So it sounds like Ulster went back to Bayonne at the last minute asking for greater compo.

I'm delighted he's staying, but this is a mess. What this is basically saying is that until this week McCloskey had it in his head that he was going, and now the rug has been pulled. I'd never doubt McCloskey's commitment to Ulster but this has to have messed with his head.
Respectfully.... That's the business stu is in. He's under contract to Ulster, that he willfully signed. I don't blame him if he became disenfranchised under McFarland but now theres lots of moving pieces. Major upgrade on the coaching front. Maybe Murphy had a word with him down at the HPC training camps. He'd be integral to Murphy's plans. He's one of, if not our only sources of go forward.

People would criticise the C suit management if they didn't try maximise the compensation they'd get for letting one of our most important players go mid contract.

I'm not saying you are on the very public JP witch hunt, but plenty are. Simply bad business letting one of your key assets leave, or worse leave cheaply.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk