Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Contract Situation

Post by pip14 »

O’Toole - 3 years

Refell - 2 years

Think Sean is been excellent so far, really glad Ulster are keeping him
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Just wish he was a wee bit bigger. Will Compliment the of blindsides/number 8s in the Ulster system - McNabney, McCann, Lorcan McLaughlan, Timoney etc
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Sean Refill season stats are played 7 for total of 143 minutes...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Cockatrice wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:53 pm Sean Refill season stats are played 7 for total of 143 minutes...
They’re actually played 4 for a total of 184 minutes.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Sorry to be a downer on a Friday, but I’ve heard that the one rumour that I was hoping would prove to be unfounded in fact has legs… namely that in fact it is 12 contracts that are going, with the 12th being Stu Not a done deal yet but Ulster are expecting him to go.

Looking forward to Petrie explaining that we in fact didn’t want to retain him and will be stronger without him
..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Columbo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:02 pm Sorry to be a downer on a Friday, but I’ve heard that the one rumour that I was hoping would prove to be unfounded in fact has legs… namely that in fact it is 12 contracts that are going, with the 12th being Stu Image Not a done deal yet but Ulster are expecting him to go.

Looking forward to Petrie explaining that we in fact didn’t want to retain him and will be stronger without him
Someone buying out his deal next season OR not extending current deal beyond Summer 2025?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Neill_M wrote:
Columbo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:02 pm Sorry to be a downer on a Friday, but I’ve heard that the one rumour that I was hoping would prove to be unfounded in fact has legs… namely that in fact it is 12 contracts that are going, with the 12th being Stu Image Not a done deal yet but Ulster are expecting him to go.

Someone buying out his deal next season OR not extending current deal beyond Summer 2025?
The former
..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Columbo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:23 pm
Neill_M wrote:

The former
Has happened before re Coetzee, is it Bayonne / other Top 14 side / non French side, i.e. Japanese side
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Petrie and Cunningham are two complete spoofers, they don’t seem to have an idea how to run a business, they can talk well in front of a camera, but the lack of foresight and pitch fiasco last season made them out to be a complete laughing stock and an embarrassment to themselves.

Cunningham gives the impression he’s in a job for life. If he doesn’t buck his ideas up I suspect he may be in for a shock!!!

Many of Ulsters failings in recent years fall under his remit. Very poor player signings, poor coach signings (Bell), an underperforming academy/pathway system and a culture created that diminished the responsibility of the pathway system because we could simply sign Leinster rejects to bolster the squad.

Cunningham has been in the role a long time now, & I doubt he has made much improvements to any development pathway. He has wasted too much financial resources on signing duds, who rarely, if ever played, when he could have used the money to pay for highly qualified development coaches.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Sounds like another one leaving according to the Left Foot podcast this week.

Jonathan Bradley.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

There will be between 5-10 players leaving every summer, Connacht, Leinster and Munster have similar numbers.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Where is O'Sullivan going and why?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

O’Sullivan not good enough m, may as well give gametime to Reid or Boyd
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Setanta wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:18 pm Where is O'Sullivan going and why?
Saw one rumour mentioning Ealing, can't remember the source.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Neill_M wrote:
Columbo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:23 pm
Neill_M wrote:

The former
Has happened before re Coetzee, is it Bayonne / other Top 14 side / non French side, i.e. Japanese side
I think Bayonne
..one more thing