Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:11 pm The outcome of the enquiry I suspect will be key. If Kingspan are deemed at fault in any way then UR will be in a difficult spot. Maybe we should just re-sign paddy and stu and become the team everyone loves to hate.
The other team everyone loves to hate ...

Sorries may have undergone some changes, but they're still Sorries.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4747341

Seems to being played as a Northern issue. Wonder how much the IRFU will get involved in this one when the time comes.

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The trouble is (and this is my memory of what was alleged at the time) Kingspan did not make a fuss when nothing happened. That was the bank; the one which repeatedly ignore sexual harassment complaints.

As I suggested before, just change their name.and get on with it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:22 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:11 pm The outcome of the enquiry I suspect will be key. If Kingspan are deemed at fault in any way then UR will be in a difficult spot.
Exactly
So ... you actually have to be GUILTY now? :shock:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

As far as I remember the amount of product supplied and used was small and that there were other equally inflammable products used as well in greater quantities .

Kingspan"s crime was to ignore and fail to Identify the possibility that their product was inflammable at a lower temperature than stated .

The problem then is would the product have used if the proper results were known and the fire resistance had been greater but still insufficient .

Great unknowns -- it has to be recognised that the inquiry -- has two different objectives -- the first as seen by the victims -- to provide a base for compensation -- and the second being the Government avoidance of blame -- ie the guidelines set by government were ignored by the local Authority -- by the Architects -- and the contractors -- and suppliers ---one big shotgun where everyone but no individual body can be identified as solely responsible and successfully sue for compensation .

And lawyers go home with big fat wallets. ( note the footnote to my posts )

Victims are seldom satisfied by public inquires -- bloody sunday -- etc etc etc
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:09 am
Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:22 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:11 pm The outcome of the enquiry I suspect will be key. If Kingspan are deemed at fault in any way then UR will be in a difficult spot.
Exactly
So ... you actually have to be GUILTY now? :shock:
Shocking isn't it. Not like it was in our day :lol:
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/59575979

Mercedes' sponsorship deal with Kingspan, a firm that made insulation material involved in the Grenfell Tower disaster, has ended a week after it was announced.

The Formula 1 team were heavily criticised over the deal, with survivors of the June 2017 tragedy describing it as "truly shocking".

"Both parties have subsequently concluded that it is not appropriate for the partnership to move forward at the current point in time," said Mercedes.

"We have therefore agreed that it will be discontinued with immediate effect."

Kingspan said: "We are deeply aware of the sensitivities raised in recent days."

Mercdes driver Lewis Hamilton, who will could win his eight world title at this weekend's season-closing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, distanced himself from the arrangement over the weekend, suggesting that the Kingspan logo might not remain on his car.

After last Wednesday's announcement of the sponsorship agreement, Grenfell United, a group of the disaster's survivors and bereaved families, said: "This news has shattered us." The group added at the time that it wanted Mercedes to "immediately sever your relationship" from Kingspan.

Kingspan says that its K15 insulation made up only 5% of the insulation in the block and was used without its recommendation. It points out that the exterior cladding, which it did not manufacture, was deemed by an inquiry into the fire to be the "principal reason" for how quickly it spread.

The June 2017 fire killed 72 people.

Both Kingspan and Mercedes emphasised that their deal was based around sustainability when it was announced. The company's logo appeared on Mercedes' cars for the first time at last weekend's Saudi Arabia Grand Prix.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59749709

So now that sleaze ball Gove has mounted his high horse and written to UR about their sponsor. I assume the letter to the GA concerning Breffni Park must have been delayed in the Christmas post
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

horslips wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:39 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59749709

So now that sleaze ball Gove has mounted his high horse and written to UR about their sponsor. I assume the letter to the GA concerning Breffni Park must have been delayed in the Christmas post
Classic reaction from Boris's Torys. Try to deflect the blame to hide your own incompetency. Slimey b@stard.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So are we defending kingspan now the tories are slating them? If we thought the trial by media was wrong 3 years ago, why is it ok now? I for one am happy to wait for due process to play out.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

colind wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:43 pm https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/59575979

Mercedes' sponsorship deal with Kingspan, a firm that made insulation material involved in the Grenfell Tower disaster, has ended a week after it was announced.

The Formula 1 team were heavily criticised over the deal, with survivors of the June 2017 tragedy describing it as "truly shocking".

"Both parties have subsequently concluded that it is not appropriate for the partnership to move forward at the current point in time," said Mercedes.

"We have therefore agreed that it will be discontinued with immediate effect."

Kingspan said: "We are deeply aware of the sensitivities raised in recent days."

Mercdes driver Lewis Hamilton, who will could win his eight world title at this weekend's season-closing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, distanced himself from the arrangement over the weekend, suggesting that the Kingspan logo might not remain on his car.

After last Wednesday's announcement of the sponsorship agreement, Grenfell United, a group of the disaster's survivors and bereaved families, said: "This news has shattered us." The group added at the time that it wanted Mercedes to "immediately sever your relationship" from Kingspan.

Kingspan says that its K15 insulation made up only 5% of the insulation in the block and was used without its recommendation. It points out that the exterior cladding, which it did not manufacture, was deemed by an inquiry into the fire to be the "principal reason" for how quickly it spread.

The June 2017 fire killed 72 people.

Both Kingspan and Mercedes emphasised that their deal was based around sustainability when it was announced. The company's logo appeared on Mercedes' cars for the first time at last weekend's Saudi Arabia Grand Prix.
And, in 2017, the year of the fire, Armorica (think that's the name), the company that made the flammable cladding for Grenfell, donated £25,000 to the Tory party.
Kingspan say their product was only 5% of the cladding, was sold by another company, was used without their knowledge and against their instructions for use. This is a straw man action by a corrupt GOVErnment and should be resisted to the end.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

It’s dodgy as hell.

Give is playing a dangerous game.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A total disgrace to write such a letter during the inquiry. They can't even respect that. It's almost as if the government will be the next topic for the inquiry to explore...

I think the expert witness stage of the inquiry at the end will help to inform such decisions, regarding continued sponsorship. Personally I hope we get our stadium name back regardless.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

It's the emails that were sent that are the issue. Not whether they had a hand in PJ&SO. They were making product that didn't pass the safety checks but they forged it and thought it was a bit of a joke.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Gove as Minister to Housing is playing to the gallery

To much adverse news for the government at the moment - Partygate being an overplayed card

The story was a year old before it surfaced the question who leaked and why and their is a high possibility that those who were banging on about had similar sessions amongst their fellow daily workers .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist