Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Post by Dave »

Can't believe UR associates with this shower of filth. A year long campaign of sexual harassment. Why did she have to take a case? Not believed?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Looks like our major sponsors are in the news again.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58547901
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

She reserved particular criticism for Celotex and Kingspan which manufactured insulation used at Grenfell, and Arconic which made the cladding.

Their "widespread lack of candour is an affront to the dead, to the bereaved, and to the former residents of Grenfell," she said

Kingspan continued to sell its combustible K15 insulation boards until 2020 on the back of a discredited test which "did not reflect the product being sold," she said.

Building regulations guidance prohibits the use of combustible insulation at heights above 18m (59ft).

When other professionals failed to realise that the product breached building regulations internal Kingspan emails were "gleeful", according to Ms Barwise.

"Kingspan's fingerprints are all over this disaster," she concluded.

The Irish manufacturer's insulation was one of two types installed on the building, making up about 5% of the total, although it claims it was never told its product would be used.
Yeah, but what did they say about a wee girl in a WhatsApp group?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

It's got to be damaging them commercially. You couldnt put an ulster shirt on in London if it had the Kingspan branding on it. I really hope they have a plan B that they can use prety quickly becuause this is going to get a lot worse before the Grenfel inquiry is over. The association with Kingspan is poison in England.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I've tried to ask our CEO on Twatter. It's dodged like Jim Allister dodging questions about his paedo support.

Funny, when it players affecting the brand they were turfed without a second thought. When it's sponsors we'll just ignore it.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Shirt deal ends in 2023 and stadium naming rights in 2024.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/med ... -1.3681868
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

https://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/20 ... pan-deal/
Mercedes boss Toto Wolff apologises to Grenfell survivors after backlash to Kingspan deal

Mercedes Formula One boss Toto Wolff is to meet survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire after apologising on behalf of his team on Friday for any distress caused by a sponsorship deal with a company linked to the 2017 disaster.

The deal with Kingspan, an Irish company that produces high-performance insulation, including some used on the West London tower block, was announced this week.

The company's branding is on the car that seven-times world champion Lewis Hamilton is driving at this weekend's Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.

Kingspan have been a sponsorship partner to Ulster Rugby since 1999 and also have a long association with Cavan GAA.

Grenfell United, representing survivors of the blaze that killed 72 people, had written to Wolff seeking to have the "truly shocking" partnership terminated.

In a written reply, Wolff apologised for "the additional hurt that this announcement has caused".

He said Mercedes had engaged with the company "in depth" prior to the deal to understand any part their products played in the disaster, and were assured they had no role in the design or construction of the cladding system.

Highly combustible cladding has been identified as central to the rapid spread of flames.

"I know that this does not change in any way the awful tragedy you suffered, or the deep and ongoing pain felt in your community," wrote the Austrian.

"I would like to thank Grenfell United for the offer to meet in person for me to learn and understand better. I look forward to coming together as soon as we can."

British Housing Minister Michael Gove has also called for Mercedes to reconsider the partnership, saying on Twitter that he was "deeply disappointed" Mercedes were accepting sponsorship from Kingspan while an inquiry was ongoing.

"I will be writing to Mercedes to ask them to reconsider. The Grenfell community deserves better," he said.

Gove's opposition counterpart Lisa Nandy welcomed his "swift criticism" but called on him to take the same stance and return party political donations from property developers responsible for buildings with similar cladding.

Kingspan said in a statement it had no role in the design of the cladding system on Grenfell Tower, where its K15 product constituted approximately 5% of the insulation.

It added that this "was used as a substitute product without Kingspan's knowledge in a system that was not compliant with the buildings regulations.

"The new partnership with the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One team reflects the ambitious sustainability targets of both organisations."
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Hamilton throwing his influence about some more. Fair play. How long left on the stadium naming rights deal?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... l-grenfell
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

germcevoy wrote:Hamilton throwing his influence about some more. Fair play. How long left on the stadium naming rights deal?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... l-grenfell
https://www.irishtimes.com/bus...onsors ... -1.3681868
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Its the queue of sponsors lining up to to replace Kingspan that is more concerning, all offering much more no doubt :roll:

How ever are we going to choose >EW
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

You have to imagine Kingspan will be bidding for another extension. Probably easier to renew existing deals than to capture new partnerships (as proven by F1).

UR have such strong morals of course that they will for sure turn away any money Kingspan might throw at them for a further renewal….
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The outcome of the enquiry I suspect will be key. If Kingspan are deemed at fault in any way then UR will be in a difficult spot. Maybe we should just re-sign paddy and stu and become the team everyone loves to hate.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:11 pm The outcome of the enquiry I suspect will be key. If Kingspan are deemed at fault in any way then UR will be in a difficult spot.
Exactly
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Just shows the usual.

1. Companies cannot be trusted to certify their own products.
2. Until executives start to do jail time for this kind of sht, it'll keep happening.