Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Are we allowed to talk about KINGSPAN

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:51 pmimage.jpg
Burn her!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Best not Google KPMG and gender pay gap discrimination.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Rather than talk about Leona Maguire (apart from to add congratulations), I though it might be useful to put up the A5 leaflet handed out at the Mount Merrion gates on Friday.
Kick out Kingspan leaflet 040722.pdf
(253.95 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
A few observations:
  • CATU's lawyers have taken a long hard look at this leaflet, the statements and the graphics. There are no UR logos, and even the Kingspan logo is, amusingly, noted to be a registered trademark.
  • The statements are clearly designed to infer that £1.2bn of profit and £15m dividend are the fruits of selling "materials that weren't safe". Not sure that the two necessarily follow myself.
  • Anyone who refers to 'lawyers' without stating who they are and who they represent is, in my view, being somewhat disingenuous. It may well be a statement by Stephanie Barwell QC, but what is the support for it ? Surely the products regulator sets the standards here ?
    Or, was there, shock horror, a failure to both establish and properly fund such an entity, and ensure that all products were covered ? I'd suggest that the proposed 'Building Safety Bill' and the new National Regulator for Construction Products, which will be based in the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) is an admission that it's as much a regulatory failure as a manufacturer's culture one (indeed, if the first was effective then it wouldn't matter what the second was). This particular bill however still sits in our sovereign EU-free Parliament, although thank goodness if and when it ever gets passed, it would be applicable to NI immediately and will need no further legislation here.
  • Note the attempt to make it relevant to Belfast. Is the statement about Victoria Place at all related to Kingspan ? If the cladding is unsafe, is that not a matter for (a) the owners and (b) the tenants ? Or are we as shoppers being encouraged to boycott that too ? If so, I'm reasonably sure as the owner of HoF, Mike Ashley might take a view....
  • The question of 'is Kingspan really the best that UR can do' is pretty pointless. We'd really appreciate a sponsor that can give us triple what Kingspan did with a lot less onerous termination clauses, but until then we'll wait to see where the failures are apportioned by the Inquiry and who gets sued in the civil courts. If CATU would like to help UR out in a positive way with a new sponsor, then I'm convinced Jonny Petrie would love to hear from them.
On a wider point, I'm all agog for the anti-Ryanair campaign given their 100+ Boeing 737-Max order and Boeing's proven safety performance prior to the Lion Air and Ethiopian Air crashes......
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:01 pm Can't imagine there are too many in England care about Ulster tbh
If you wany blue chip sponsors to pay big bucks to stick their brand all over your kit and stadium, you've got to give them something their marketing department can sell across the UK and beyond.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:26 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:01 pm Can't imagine there are too many in England care about Ulster tbh
If you wany blue chip sponsors to pay big bucks to stick their brand all over your kit and stadium, you've got to give them something their marketing department can sell across the UK and beyond.
Our boys are all animal lovers ... well all the wans I've met out with their wee dogs (and since we got rid of that c$nt Herbst).
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:29 pm
Our boys are all animal lovers ... well all the wans I've met out with their wee dogs (and since we got rid of that c$nt Herbst).
You think Betway may be interested?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:29 pm
I thought Herbst loved animals too :scratch:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not love them in the sights of a rifle, or an a BBQ/Braai?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So who might be the front runners to step into the hole left by kingspan when the sponsorship ends? Openreach have got into rugby a lot more and could be an option. Any local companies with sufficent financial clout to fill the gap?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:20 pm So who might be the front runners to step into the hole left by kingspan when the sponsorship ends? Openreach have got into rugby a lot more and could be an option. Any local companies with sufficent financial clout to fill the gap?
Randox must have a fair few Covid-related bob in the bank.

Moy Park should have plenty of HSS cash tucked away.

Some more suggestions: https://www.insidermedia.com/ireland/manufacturing-100

Let's hope UR are doing some serious lobbying.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

May be in the minority here but if Kingspan put up the most money for a main sponsorship deal that was more than anyone else was offering I'm okay for them to continue.

Who are you punishing by not entertaining their renewal of sponsorhip? Their 15,000 employees of wich 5/6 knew of the failings on the product, who incidently no loner work for Kingspan.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'll sponsor it, ffs. Davenhill.

There will be changes:

No band

Paddy and Stu back

Baggy as mod

New signings

New songs/chants

Rockettes reformed

Might put on a roof

European glory will return

Disband the irfu

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Let the weans (and HWM) run on the pitch at FT
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hmmm he needs to be vetted first.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Liberate the old Sparky, find out where that evil squirrel imposter running about the touchline has locked him up!

Rename the Granstand - The Shame Logan Stand

Teenage Kicks over the PA system before kick off
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

If Baggy is a mod, is he capable of doddering about on a moped with 47 headlights.
Will the eventsec gestapo allow him to “ride” around the pitch for a lap of (dis)honour?