Ulster v Leinster Sat Mar 6th 7:35pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Leinster Sat Mar 6th 7:35pm KO

Post by Neill_M »

Leinster 4 point favourites with Paddy Power.

By my reasoning (open to discussion) Leinster are roughly 18 players short of best 23, Ulster 6/7 players short. Missing players below:

Ulster - Jack McGrath, Billy Burns, Iain Henderson, Rob Herring, Sam Carter, Luke Marshall, Will Addison?

Leinster - Cian Healy, Ronan Kelleher, Andrew Porter, Tadhg Furlong, James Ryan, Ryan Baird, Jack Conan, Will Connors, Jamison Gibson Park, Jonathan Sexton, Robbie Henshaw, Garry Ringrose, Hugo Keenan, Jordan Larmour, James Lowe, Caelan Doris, Dan Leavy, Max Deegan.
Last edited by Neill_M on Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jack McGrath too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

PJ, Stu and Ruan.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Dave wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:18 pm PJ, Stu and Ruan.

:red: Nice. PJ is now motoring at LI. Anyone head re Stu recently? I’m generally aware he’s a bit injury prone but when fit has been v v good for Brive often used at 10.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dharper wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:18 pm PJ, Stu and Ruan.

:red: Nice. PJ is now motoring at LI. Anyone head re Stu recently? I’m generally aware he’s a bit injury prone but when fit has been v v good for Brive often used at 10.
He's injured at present. He was going great at 10 for Brive. They really love him there. They say things like 'we have waited a long time for a special player like this'.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

To win this match Ulster will need to keep 15 players on the pitch. Leinster are nearly immune to yellow or red cards as far as IRFU refs are concerned nor do they see holding on after the tackle off side or diving over.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

skiboo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:21 pm To win this match Ulster will need to keep 15 players on the pitch. Leinster are nearly immune to yellow or red cards as far as IRFU refs are concerned nor do they see holding on after the tackle off side or diving over.
My favourite is lazy runners and clearing out well past the ruck.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

PJ fast try in the premiership
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:53 am
Snipe Watson wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:36 am I think Hendy is lock number 2 and closer to 1 than 3.
:shock:

If he is lock number 4, he will be closer to 1 than 3, but if lock number 5 Shirley he will be closer to 3 than to 1?

Whoever is hooker, number 2, is equidistant between 1 and 3.
Shirley 1 and 4 should be slightly closer to 2 than 3 and 5 are.

Or has that all changed in the modern, 'laws-are-optional' game?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

d4surfer wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:00 pm Paddy Power have it Ulster 2/1, Leinster 2/5 and a draw 17/1. The handicap is 6 points.
That has come in to

11/10, 14/1, 8/11 with +2 evens.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:37 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:53 am
Snipe Watson wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:36 am I think Hendy is lock number 2 and closer to 1 than 3.
:shock:

If he is lock number 4, he will be closer to 1 than 3, but if lock number 5 Shirley he will be closer to 3 than to 1?

Whoever is hooker, number 2, is equidistant between 1 and 3.
Shirley 1 and 4 should be slightly closer to 2 than 3 and 5 are
You are correct if you consider who is closest to 2, but I was referring to which lock is closer to 1 or 3, not 2
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Essentially this game is the annual dead rubber against Leinster. Even if Ulster win, the bluenoses have only to win against Ospreys and Zebre, with bonus points inevitable. As this stage this rainbow shyte should not go ahead with the current variant of concern pretty rife in it's country of origin, SA. It is probably now too late to introduce semi finals into the pro 14 competition. I think we are now all in now for the HP pencil.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:08 pm Essentially this game is the annual dead rubber against Leinster. Even if Ulster win, the bluenoses have only to win against Ospreys and Zebre, with bonus points inevitable. As this stage this rainbow shyte should not go ahead with the current variant of concern pretty rife in it's country of origin, SA. It is probably now too late to introduce semi finals into the pro 14 competition. I think we are now all in now for the HP pencil.
You are of course absolutely correct. I would like to see Ulster win their final 3 games if only to highlight the complete ballix this tournament has become. Finishing with 15 wins from 16 and not making the final is ludicrous.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:05 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:08 pm Essentially this game is the annual dead rubber against Leinster. Even if Ulster win, the bluenoses have only to win against Ospreys and Zebre, with bonus points inevitable. As this stage this rainbow shyte should not go ahead with the current variant of concern pretty rife in it's country of origin, SA. It is probably now too late to introduce semi finals into the pro 14 competition. I think we are now all in now for the HP pencil.
You are of course absolutely correct. I would like to see Ulster win their final 3 games if only to highlight the complete ballix this tournament has become. Finishing with 15 wins from 16 and not making the final is ludicrous.
Agree on all points made by you both.

I would however like the win tonight to lay down a marker and make Leinster work until the last weekend of the season, if only to give Munster a bit of an edge for the final in that they can now rest players and Leinster couldn't. I don't care whether it's ourselves or whomever that breaks up Leinsters monopoly, if someone else can put that chink or self doubt in their armour it will help all of the other teams chasing them.

I'm not anti Leinster, I'd have the same opinion on any team that needed knocked off their perch, fair fecks to them for being on top for so long.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I expect a weakened Leinster to succumb to Ulster tonight. It would be good for us to lose and good for the tournament.