Check this out

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

volvo
Novice

Re: Check this out

Post by volvo »

Hi Merv you could do worse than pick one of the Kia models,good name for reliability and back that up with a 7 year factory warranty so even buying one at 4/5 year old you still have factory warranty for 2/3 years.
Well up in the field regarding emissions and a decent dealer network, low insurance groupings because of reliability and good NCAP safety ratings.
I'm not a salesman by the way but do rate the KIA as a sound investment. "just sayin like" >gimmefive
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Swear you were going to recommend a volvo.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:24 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:00 pm
Dave wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 am
Jackie Brown wrote:Pedestrians with extendable dog leads and ear phones in are the worst. Walking along, 3 a breast, taking up the whole path which is a cycle lane first and foremost.
They should be banned. I nearly came a cropper on the bike when a woman allowed her wee ugly mutt to veer onto the road. I had to swerve to avoid the extended lead plus the little mutant. My tail light came off and a car ran over it. Dog owner didn't give a fcuk.
Car shouldn't have been on the towpath. :duck:
Ironically, horses are banned from the towpath.
because they don't have toes? :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

volvo wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:44 am Hi Merv you could do worse than pick one of the Kia models,good name for reliability and back that up with a 7 year factory warranty so even buying one at 4/5 year old you still have factory warranty for 2/3 years.
Well up in the field regarding emissions and a decent dealer network, low insurance groupings because of reliability and good NCAP safety ratings.
I'm not a salesman by the way but do rate the KIA as a sound investment. "just sayin like" >gimmefive
Been driving a Sportage for 12 years! Yeah, second hand might be a good interim choice until the electric vehicle transition is somewhat clearer.

... and I did benefit from the 7 year warranty as I had a problem with the electrics to the rear door after about 5 years :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Jackie Brown wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:26 am Yeah, but Peugeots are sh1t

Ah, that would be why the 3008 was European 2017 car of the year and Autotrader new Car of the Year. 2019

And it has improved since
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I'm on my third Ford Fiesta. Bought a year old, kept for six or seven years, no bother. Currently a Titanium. Good mileage, zero road tax, turbo charged so a wee bit of oomph.

Just realised how old and boring that sounds.