US special envoy

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: US special envoy

Post by damianmcr »

Dave wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:53 pm
big mervyn wrote:Just found out he's a Tory boy. I thought he was aligned with the liberal wing of the UUP.

Selected by Brandon Lewis , a man with zero emapthy for NI or it's people, unlike his predecessor who did actually seem to have our interests at heart.
He's very keen to impress his tory masters, as he's not even getting paid for the role (according to reports).
That counts John Carson out of the role.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Dave wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:12 pm Good man, Trev. Bring it home. Make us all millionaires by telling the yanks the brits are the good guys. That will go down great with the dum dums thinking they're all at least 2/17th Eyeerrrish.

Uppa colonies.

(Tiocfaidh ár lá)
Your right Dave just like Michelle. Her unofficial envoys did a great job raising money to be spent here. Unfortunately they murdered farmers, postmen, bus drivers, oh and women and children.

Actually thinking about it Trev can't do much worse really
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Blackskulllad wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:12 pm Good man, Trev. Bring it home. Make us all millionaires by telling the yanks the brits are the good guys. That will go down great with the dum dums thinking they're all at least 2/17th Eyeerrrish.

Uppa colonies.

(Tiocfaidh ár lá)
Your right Dave just like Michelle. Her unofficial envoys did a great job raising money to be spent here. Unfortunately they murdered farmers, postmen, bus drivers, oh and women and children.

Actually thinking about it Trev can't do much worse really
* You're

So as long as he doesn't fund the murdering of women, children, postmen, bus drivers and farmers then he's doing a great job????

Bit of a low bar don't ya think?

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to respond with more whataboutery maybe about state funded murder or something. To me the events of the troubles became more an excuse for psychopaths and serial killers to indulge themselves in maiming, torture and mass murder. A cause was always secondary. Born the other side of the tracks and most would have engaged in the same activity.

For the record I don't think there were any 'good guys' as such. There was a lot of innocent victims, experiencing trauma on a grand scale, pain, hurt, grief and a legacy of injustice.

I'm still not sure exactly how this links in with tory puppet trev (I thought everyone hated the tories now?). I'm not good at picking sides. I detest all of them tbf. Any rationale for violence, really.

Fcuk the pope/queen.

Hope that helps.

Love and peace.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

apparently Majority want to be in the uk?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:47 am apparently Majority want to be in the uk?
It should be noted, that poll was taken last autumn. The more recent Lucid Talk poll shows a much smaller majority for "Remain".
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:32 am
Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:47 am apparently Majority want to be in the uk?
It should be noted, that poll was taken last autumn. The more recent Lucid Talk poll shows a much smaller majority for "Remain".

I don't think the recent leylist/Tory shenanigans will have encouraged moderate catholics.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Irish government:
37673378.jpg
37673378.jpg (22.65 KiB) Viewed 772 times
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

What loyalist/Tory Shenanigans -- Paisley junior/Poots alliance -- would actually have little effect on the border poll neither the Shankill marchers IMHO -- Hari -Kari is a great spectator sport-- the "shinners" in charge in N I -- to disrupt both Westminster and Dublin a dream come true. That ability would be lost in a United Ireland attached to the EU

FUEU EUFU
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

To me the biggest barrier to a united Ireland would be the southerners, would they really want to have to handle all the NI crap.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:28 pm To me the biggest barrier to a united Ireland would be the southerners, would they really want to have to handle all the NI crap.
You're not wrong there LL
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

British government:
72890422.jpg
72890422.jpg (29.26 KiB) Viewed 723 times
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:58 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:28 pm To me the biggest barrier to a united Ireland would be the southerners, would they really want to have to handle all the NI crap.
If I lived in the south, I don't know which I would be more worried about, a few hundred thousand Duppers or roughly the same number of Shinners coming to join us.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

solidarity wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:59 pm
If I lived in the south, I don't know which I would be more worried about, a few hundred thousand Duppers or roughly the same number of Shinners coming to join us.
Totally agree, Solids, would make no sense to your common everyday southerner.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:
More shinners down there. They had 535,595 votes overall in the Irish 2020 general election. Whereas in NI in the last general election(2019) Sein Finn had 181,853 votes in total.

*According to Wikipedia Image