URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Post by StandUp »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:54 am
justinr73 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:25 am Only four points for an unimpressive Leinster tonight.

Not long now before we get to do the double over them.

Has there ever been a more overly hyped pair of Paddybast@rds as the Byrne bros? Neither fit to sniff Wee Paddy's jockstrap.

FIRFUCs #bringthem home #never forget
Very much agreed. Now the FIRFU are reaping what they sowed. If it wasn’t for the occasional token Ulster player getting a few minutes, I would wish them a long run of getting bent over. That’s the only way the swivel eyed “decision” makers will be finally ejected in a swirling cloud of shame.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:48 am ... a long run of getting bent over. That’s the only way the swivel eyed “decision” makers will be finally ejected in a swirling cloud of shame.
How long have you been watching irish rugby?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

30 odd years. The fact is that Irish rugby has been on an upward trend for some time, so the IRFU cabal are safely entrenched. Until that trend reverses, these c¥nts are golden. Do you disagree?
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Peter Dooley among others on the way to Connacht, I would have taken him here!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

SparkyClarky wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:24 pm Peter Dooley among others on the way to Connacht, I would have taken him here!
Other names linked from Leinster are Adam Byrne and David Hawkshaw.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Benetton 17-61 Leinster and Edinburgh 56-8 Connacht this weekend.

That is the most away points scored in the "Regions" era of Celtic League etc. Ulster hold all time record - 67 points at Caerphilly in 2002. Stat via @rpetty80 on twitter.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The URC sent a link yesterday to some statistical predictive analyses that suggested that Ulster, Leinster and Munster were all >99% certain to make the playoffs.

According to their abacus, Ulster had a 30% chance of making the final and an 11% chance of winning it.

This was before last night/today's games.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Neill_M wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:20 pm Benetton 17-61 Leinster and Edinburgh 56-8 Connacht this weekend.

That is the most away points scored in the "Regions" era of Celtic League etc. Ulster hold all time record - 67 points at Caerphilly in 2002. Stat via @rpetty80 on twitter.
Munster threatening this record at present. 57 3 at present against the Dragons and 6 minutes left to play. Correction: 64 3 with 4 mins left.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Final score Munster 64 Dragons 3. Of course I didn't notice that this game is a home game for Munster and so wouldn't have taken the away record anyway.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:58 pm Final score Munster 64 Dragons 3. Of course I didn't notice that this game is a home game for Munster and so wouldn't have taken the away record anyway.
Just 173 pts for Ulster, Leinster and Munster. Should have been 180 of course :stir: :lol:

Shame about the Westies. Looks like they'll struggle to make the playoffs. There are an awful lot of teams with games in hand biting at their heels.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:39 pm 30 odd years. The fact is that Irish rugby has been on an upward trend for some time, so the IRFU cabal are safely entrenched. Until that trend reverses, these c¥nts are golden. Do you disagree?
I dont think results or trends have much to do with safety of the cabal.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

BR wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:53 am
StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:39 pm 30 odd years. The fact is that Irish rugby has been on an upward trend for some time, so the IRFU cabal are safely entrenched. Until that trend reverses, these c¥nts are golden. Do you disagree?
Years ago, Irish rugby fans didn’t have much expectation. Ireland were whipping boys and the provinces didn’t achieve much in Europe.
Now Irish fans have huge expectation that they can compete with the best, Leinster fans think their team is invincible and Munster and Ulster are contenders.
If Irish rugby was to undergo the same failure as Welsh rugby, both nationally and provincially, the weight of expectation from the fans could force a clear out of those who are currently entrenched in their positions. Otherwise attendances, sponsorship and revenues could dwindle. Something unthinkable in the current run of form.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Ultimately Irish rugby is a business now and if that business fails, people will be held responsible.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

StandUp wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:20 pm
BR wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:53 am
Years ago, Irish rugby fans didn’t have much expectation. Ireland were whipping boys and the provinces didn’t achieve much in Europe.
Now Irish fans have huge expectation that they can compete with the best, Leinster fans think their team is invincible and Munster and Ulster are contenders.
If Irish rugby was to undergo the same failure as Welsh rugby, both nationally and provincially, the weight of expectation from the fans could force a clear out of those who are currently entrenched in their positions. Otherwise attendances, sponsorship and revenues could dwindle. Something unthinkable in the current run of form.
I'm not so sure things have moved on as much as you suggest. With the exception of the occasional sacrificial lamb, I still foresee those at the top moving on at their own pace. Maybe just pessimism by me, but I've found that the safest default position over the years.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Most of the top echelon of Ulster Rugby is still run by amateurs, many of whom are hanging in there for freebies. All ex Presidents got free booze after matches. Is this still continuing?
I stood behind a number of Ulster Committee members queuing for home at the airport in Paris after the Irish French match was cancelled due to frost. One commented to another ' It was a pity the match was cancelled but thank goodness the post match banquet still went ahead.'
Both freeloaders are prominent Committee members in Ulster Rugby. One had a huge case with an IRFU sticker on it. Obviously the supporters were also paying for their luggage and flights. Their wives were also in attendance.