Zebre v Ulster Saturday October 2 5:15pm KO (UK Time)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Grey Wolf
Novice

Re: Zebre v Ulster Saturday October 2 5:15pm KO (UK Time)

Post by Grey Wolf »

I actually think McIlroy will turn out to be a real gem of a player, at full back or wing. Haven’t seen enough of Moxham but looks a good strong runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:11 pm Personally I’d but Moxham ahead of McIlroy — he has yet convince me as a wing .

The back line could have its work cut out I fear Ulster could have underestimated the opposition.
Have to say I worry about underestimating the opposition as well. I hope not.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It’s not like we haven’t played them before is it?

They’ve lost 18 out of the last 22 if I’m not mistaken.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ethan certainly has something about him. He may be raw, but he seems to have the makin's of a goodun.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

McIlroy has the skill set — but — I fear something is missing — maybe the that hard to define X factor he is no Bala and to be honest Moxham falls short of Mcilroy’s skill set but is a more convincing winger
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

It’s officially DAY 5369, Lest We Forget. Look out for at least one Ulster fleg being waved in the stadium today by a guy called Flavio who I gave it to a few years back. Says he is bringing it to the game. I did rather better out of the exchange, getting a nice grey polo neck Zebre rugby shirt which I wear quite a bit. Slainte
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

No live radio coverage for tonight’s game??! Is that because of the delayed BBC TV coverage which presumably Gusher will commentate on? Looks like I’m condemned to BBC’s website score updates for any kind of non Premier live coverage unless anyone is aware of any other media?
Hope is not a strategy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:I don't get this fascination with Marcus Rea. Maybe I'm missing something, but he seems well behind McCann and even Mattie, who is no big shakes either. Having said that, Greg Jones isn't the answer either.
A very different player to McCann, they are not challenging for the same position. We will see, I'm sure, this season what Marcus can bring with the stocks being low and the usual injuries. He's always impressed when I've seen him but does not get the appearances that Jones or big bro are afforded. I believe he offers something different to the rest. More of a nuisance at the breakdown.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:04 pm
Snipe Watson wrote:I don't get this fascination with Marcus Rea. Maybe I'm missing something, but he seems well behind McCann and even Mattie, who is no big shakes either. Having said that, Greg Jones isn't the answer either.
A very different player to McCann, they are not challenging for the same position. We will see, I'm sure, this season what Marcus can bring with the stocks being low and the usual injuries. He's always impressed when I've seen him but does not get the appearances that Jones or big bro are afforded. I believe he offers something different to the rest. More of a nuisance at the breakdown.
Was Marcus Rea not man of match on his debut versus Leinster? If not he was very close to it.

He hasn't been given many opportunities but has done enough to have more run outs.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:04 pm
Was Marcus Rea not man of match on his debut versus Leinster? If not he was very close to it.

He hasn't been given many opportunities but has done enough to have more run outs.
Yes. Scored a try too. He has 5 caps. Jones has 20+.

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:19 pm No live radio coverage for tonight’s game??! Is that because of the delayed BBC TV coverage which presumably Gusher will commentate on? Looks like I’m condemned to BBC’s website score updates for any kind of non Premier live coverage unless anyone is aware of any other media?
Anyone know when it will be shown on BBC? Need my Gusher fix.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:20 pm
Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:19 pm No live radio coverage for tonight’s game??! Is that because of the delayed BBC TV coverage which presumably Gusher will commentate on? Looks like I’m condemned to BBC’s website score updates for any kind of non Premier live coverage unless anyone is aware of any other media?
Sunday evening apparently. Sad that there is no radio or even live text feed on the BBC in the meantime!
Hope is not a strategy.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:20 pm
On i Player 24 hours after based on last week.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Why is Billy kicking?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

James Hume is such a classy player. Nathan Doak has been excellent. Some senior players not at the races. Zebre playing a very physical game.