Clermont v Ulster Sat 11 Dec 5.30pm

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Clermont v Ulster Sat 11 Dec 5.30pm

Post by justinr73 »

Tightheadsdoitbest wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:23 pm Sadly Covid has got the better of us and we have had to cancel, however, we do have 2x electronic tickets for the match if there are any Ulster supporters still going who don't have any tickets - just give me a DM and they are yours - free to a good home

Will just have to drink red wine, eat cheese and speak in pigeon O Level French all day on Saturday..... at home!!
Sorry to hear that. Think I’ve got a similar event lined up!
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Tres hi tech BR! Nous only had un teacheur de francais parleying french.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:28 am Tres hi tech BR! Nous only had un teacheur de francais parleying french.
Last few posts taking me (and others, it seems) back a decade or three.

From the Amazon page ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/LETS-PARLER-FR ... 1861057822 )

'The trouble with French is that there are far too few English words in it. In this book, Miles Kington, the critic, columnist and creator of Franglais, puts all that right. The language here can be understood by almost anyone who failed GCSE French. If you have passed GCSE French, it could be tricky, but try anyway. A Frenchman would probably not understand a word of it, not that he would let on.'
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:54 pm 'The trouble with French is that there are far too few English words in it.
Reminds me of the (alleged) quote by Gorge W Bush, “The problem with the French is that they don’t have a word for entrepreneur.”
Much as we like to laugh at George Dubya, it is (apparently) untrue.
The story was given legs by Shirley Williams claiming that Tony Blair told her that George said it to him. That was later denied by Alister Campbell but no comment by Bliar...
The strange thing is that Dame Shirley is the most plausible of all those mentioned ....
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Tightheadsdoitbest wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:23 pm Will just have to drink red wine, eat cheese and speak in pigeon O Level French all day on Saturday..... at home!!
Never knew that pigeons did O Levels. :shock:

Coooooo -l.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I would throw minimal resources at this fixture. We need to pick which hill we're going to fight on and this isn't it.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

Snipe Watson wrote:I would throw minimal resources at this fixture. We need to pick which hill we're going to fight on and this isn't it.
Uh huh....
Let's see where we are at the end of January in the league and reassess that one