Post by Bobbievee »

Jacob ; leave them to it.
Concentrate on sorting your UR standing
You can still be one of our greats
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Autumn International squad

Post by Dave »

Not being Irish seems to raise your stock in Andeeeeeh's eyes. Weird man. Weird setup.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:16 pm
Jetstream wrote:Mack Hansen added to Irish squad after 5 games for Connacht. An absolute slap in the teeth for all Irish fringe players.
Hopefully the motivation that Jacob needs to get back on the horse he was riding 3 years ago. Im sure there will be plenty of repeats of his try in the run up.
Ankle issue for JS wasn’t it?

Not heard about any surgery so the Leinster game should be a realistic target.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:48 pm
jean valjean wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:16 pm
Jetstream wrote:Mack Hansen added to Irish squad after 5 games for Connacht. An absolute slap in the teeth for all Irish fringe players.
Hopefully the motivation that Jacob needs to get back on the horse he was riding 3 years ago. Im sure there will be plenty of repeats of his try in the run up.
Ireland under Farrell are going nowhere fast. The IRFU won't realise this or act on it until the next RWC shambles.
If i was preparing for Japan, Hansen is exactly the sort of player I'd like to have in my training squad.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Hansen is one of the form players in the URC after 5 rounds:

Stats stolen from URC Site - Leading Try Scorers

1. Nick Timoney - 5
Joint 2. Gianmarco Lucchesi, Mack Hansen & Ben Vellacott 4

There is a separate debate whether the likes of Hansen should be able to play for Ireland via his granny from Cork, same route as Herring etc. The current rules allow this. I know others aren't a fan of them.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:40 am Hansen is one of the form players in the URC after 5 rounds:

1. Nick Timoney - 5

There is a separate debate whether the likes of Hansen should be able to play for Ireland via his granny from Cork, same route as Herring etc. The current rules allow this. I know others aren't a fan of them.
We've had the gradfather rule for 20 years. Cant see the need to change it now, The residency rule, i agree needed looked at, as i dont think they envisaged how it would be used. I also dont thinknthey foesaw the use of capture teams, nor the lack of A tests, so that may be also so,ething to update. Never agreed withnthe 7s rule.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:40 pm
Neill_M wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:40 am Hansen is one of the form players in the URC after 5 rounds:

1. Nick Timoney - 5

We've had the gradfather rule for 20 years. Cant see the need to change it now, The residency rule, i agree needed looked at, as i dont think they envisaged how it would be used. I also dont thinknthey foesaw the use of capture teams, nor the lack of A tests, so that may be also so,ething to update. Never agreed withnthe 7s rule.
The residency rules are interesting. I think there should be a mechanism for a player to represent the country where they have set up home and made a commitment over a period of time. What that looks like in practise is the point for discussion. It can't be a free for all.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:53 pm

1. Nick Timoney - 5

The residency rules are interesting. I think there should be a mechanism for a player to represent the country where they have set up home and made a commitment over a period of time. What that looks like in practise is the point for discussion. It can't be a free for all.
I'd support a two tier approach.
Founder Unions - 5 years residency, as is
Others - 3 year residency, as was.

Also I'd let founder union players below a certain number of full caps represent another non-founder union for whom they are qualified after, say, 4 years.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bar the All Blacks game, plenty of tickets still available for Ireland Japan and Ireland Argentina. New Zealand game near sell out despite prices starting at €105. Japan adult tickets start at €60 (Scots v Japan tickets available at £35). Argentina adult tickets start at €65.

People on Facebook attending France v New Zealand and paid €45 for a ticket....
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:04 pm
Snipe Watson wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:53 pm

1. Nick Timoney - 5

I'd support a two tier approach.
Founder Unions - 5 years residency, as is
Others - 3 year residency, as was.

Also I'd let founder union players below a certain number of full caps represent another non-founder union for whom they are qualified after, say, 4 years.
Article in Daily Telegraph (behind paywall), that there will be a vote to allow the likes of Piutau etc to represent Tonga if they have not been capped by previous side in 3 years. Player must hold passport to play for 2nd side etc.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Same old same old from Farrell.
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

AF is not a coach who inspires confidence. Does he actually have a plan for these autumn internationals and the 6 Nations, let alone the next RWC?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I just hope he sees sense and calls up Billy.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

A sad reflection that Ulster has the same representation for Wales as it has for Ireland!!😱
Hope is not a strategy.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

:shock: When you put it like that...!