Autumn International squad

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Grey Wolf
Novice

Re: Autumn International squad

Post by Grey Wolf »

Very solid team, but far too conservative for a AI, especially the bench. Murray has only played 20 minutes this year, should be really be sitting on the bench with earls and POM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Probably glad at that! and that we have no more representation, Hope Hendy comes back not broke to give us a better chance in league and any other cups we might have a chance in suftum :fleg: firfu.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Grey Wolf wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:06 pm Very solid team, but far too conservative for a AI, especially the bench. Murray has only played 20 minutes this year, should be really be sitting on the bench with earls and POM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All three should be sat in the stand.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Even nice guy Eddie Jones is shaking the tree and giving a few new lads a go. Ireland have no obvious Tier 2 test this autumn with Argentina in game 3.

Very poor ticket sales for Japan and Argentina games, priced their tickets too high. All Blacks sell out despite the crazy ticket prices.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

1200px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.jpg
1200px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.jpg (14.33 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Against any other opposition rather than Japan the line out would struggle -- the hooker can't throw straight and neither second rows are renowned jumpers and the there is no POM as an alternative .

Three Kiwi's who if they were as good as their perceived abilities wouldn't be in Ireland . It sends out a terrible message to the All Blacks --we field your rejects nice one.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

To be fair, they missed a few Leinster players.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

For the gamblers this week, bookies are giving 18pts on the handicap. I think they underestimate Japan - look how closely Japan ran Australia and that was after a long time together for the Aussies. Ireland have only just arrived in camp and will be all over the place. I'm taking the bet, I think Japan will run them close and maybe even give them a scare.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I know this is wrong but I really hope we totally, utterly duff Leinster on the 27th !!! :fleg: :cheers: >clapping
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:34 pm A sad reflection that Ulster has the same representation for Wales as it has for Ireland!!😱
And South Africa!
Bo***cks to Brexit
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

Yeah, ideally we'd have 6 or 7 saffers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Make it 8 saffers. A whole pack.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The activity on this board shows exactly the Interest we, the average supporter , in Ulster have in the in the International team which is a mixture between the conservative selections with a total fixation on all things leinster and the buckling of the IRFU to a militant feminist Minority with little interest in the success of Irish rugby . Every Ulster supporter is aware that the best Irish out half is has to play in England and that the selection of the team is therefore reflects the personality a player who like BoD before him has to wrapped in cotton wool and be picked on the basis of his former achievements .

To what extent Stockdale's loss of form at international level is based on the fact he never receives a pass and thus denied the opportunity to play to his strengths ? And is this a deliberate policy of a Leinster dominated selection ?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

I have to agree with Rum that the IRFU treatment of PJ and SO has seriously undermined my interest in the international squad as has the treatment of Pienaar by Nucifora and of Cooney and others by Farrell. Actually it may even be that I am hoping to see Ireland stuffed at least once in this Autumn series. The ROI media coverage is so Leinster focused in newspapers and via ex Leinster pundits on television that reference to 4 proud provinces is laughable. It isn't that I believe there are many current Ulster players being overlooked on form but it is the case that Farrell appears to select from history for the older players. This mistake is the same one made by O'Sullivan, Kidney and Schmidt. I anticipate that Sexton won't last 3 games without worrying injury and that Murray will be exposed if he is played.

And finally, will the standard of officiating destroy the possibility of a fair outcome as it has done in recent interpro and URC games?
Last edited by for dog and ulcer on Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Will someone please sort that banker ‘Jarvo’ out once and for all?

All least HWM has the good grace to invade the pitch after the players have done their bit.