Ospreys v Ulster Sat Dec 4th 3pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ospreys v Ulster Sat Dec 4th 3pm KO

Post by Neill_M »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:03 pm
Neill_M wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:27 pm
germcevoy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:01 pm
Hawkeye wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:30 pm I didn’t get seeing the match. How did Jack McG and Marty M fair when they came on? I thought they would have stabilised the scrum.
Meh. Marty used as a dummy runner rather than a carrier. His nasty bang to the head is cause for concern. He was seeing stars. jack was pretty gassed pretty quickly I thought. Short of fitness but understandably so given the lengthy lay off.

Where is Madigan?
Available for selection, not being picked.
Ditto John Andrew???
Yup, Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I know who I blame.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

And I don’t mean Mike Braithwaite.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Surely Ulster must have a better flyhalf than Billy boy? The pack produced enough ball to create something, but Billy was a dead end, stupid kicks and shovelling brad pitt ball on to Stu.

In the 2nd half I’m convinced the team give up on him and just played off 9?
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Burns just hasn’t got it. Shovelled passes kicks to nowhere and defensively a liability. He should never have completed the first half.
As for the ref do not know how many times he was going to give a final warning to the Ospreys within 5 meters from their line. Missed Ospreys pulling down the rolling maul and finally Moore being struck on head off the ball by a no arms tackle just before he had to leave the field.
While ref was suspect Ulster didn’t make procession and pressure count and it wasn’t all down to Billy Burns. Can anyone remind me how many passes Baloucoune got during the whole of the game. I think he got more playing for Ireland.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Why is Marcus Rea not starting every week? 2 huge turnovers this week, and last week him, McCann and Timoney bossed a back row of Ireland internationals.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

"bit worried about Doak. "
Solids, hear hear. I I'll be accused of having a go at a " young un" again, but we fortuitously had the ball back in our hands on their 22 at 78 mins. Doak immediately kicked it away on a speculative cross kick, giving possession back to Ospreys and effectively closing out the match. I
Any other option was better
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

" Can anyone remind me how many passes Baloucoune got during the whole of the game. I think he got more playing for Ireland"

Maybe he was being rested under the rotation policy?!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:26 am Maybe he was being rested under the rotation policy?!
I thought being rested under the rotation policy was why our rolling maul didn't do so well?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ulster's ability to score from 5 metres is sadly lacking at the moment. and the back line is not performing -- Billy has been sussed and has to little imagination and skill to be creative -- his kicking was off, his passing was one dimensional.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

I’ve reached a stage in life where I’ve decided to stop knocking players as individuals, they have families and some of the stuff that people write just isn’t on; remember that no one, ever, sets out to play badly. The Spurs culture analogy is spot on though, and the core problems of inconsistency, a lack of strength in the tight five and the need for more accurate playmaking, remain. The whole team have been saying all week that the RDS win would be pointless if not backed up, so I can only quote those words back. Clermont away n six days, phew!!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Liberty Stadium fast becoming a place no team wants to go to. Toby Booth has transformed the mentality and culture there in a very short space of time. That's five wins from seven for them this season.

We dominated possession and position, fair play to Ospreys they hung in there and eeked out the win. Myler makes the right decision every time.

We required a professional foul for our only try, are the Ospreys the first team this season that have stopped us getting over the try line?

We played a better team than many give credit. Does it feel like one that got away? Yes absolutely.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

They have great halfbacks and they pulled the strings well last night. Billy has some lovely touches, but for me, he's not a starting 10.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Watching it on S4C now. Ospreys prop Thomas should be cited for off the ball hits. Ulster first half was ok but referee was poor especially regarding the rolling maul and his failure to follow up on warnings particularly against Rhys Webb.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Referee must have regarded the second half as a new start disregarding the first half warnings to the Ospreys🙄