English Premiership 2021/2022

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

tigerburnie
Warrior

English Premiership 2021/2022

Post by tigerburnie »

Coming to the end of the year and looking at the premiership table it makes for some odd reading, both surprised and pleased to see the Tigers unbeaten at the top, happy days, but we do have some tough away trips in the new year to burst the bubble. Wins at home over Exeter, Saracens, Harlequins and Sale will do nicely though and the away wins at Gloucester, Wasps, Northampton, Worcester and an improving London Irish should see us there or there about's come the pay offs at the end of the season.
Looking at the league Barf, Bristol and Sale the bottom three is surprising as was Exeters lousy start to the season, sure it will all change when the 6 nations hits clubs player availability, but with a truck load of South Africans and some fine academy prospects shining, I am confident we can do better than last years 6th place.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Re: English Premiership 2021/2022

Post by tigerburnie »

I wasn't expecting our "yoof" team to win the Champions Cup today, but now we might as well go for a league and cup double lol.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Bristol doing an "Ulster" today. Ball in hand, 3 points ahead, let's kick it to Leicester and see if they can score a winning try.

And, oh, they did
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Van Graan has some job on his hands at Bath, they are a shambles currently. Very fortunate there is no relegation this season.

Bristol had several players on loan from Saracens last season, obviously they left when Saracens came back up.

Read on Twitter that there may be another salary cap breach at a current top 6 side who aren't Saracens. The other 5 are Tigers, Exeter, Saints, Gloucester & Quins.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:34 am Van Graan has some job on his hands at Bath, they are a shambles currently. Very fortunate there is no relegation this season.

Bristol had several players on loan from Saracens last season, obviously they left when Saracens came back up.

Read on Twitter that there may be another salary cap breach at a current top 6 side who aren't Saracens. The other 5 are Tigers, Exeter, Saints, Gloucester & Quins.
Be afraid, tb, be very afraid. >jawdrop
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

EXCLUSIVE: Leicester Tigers are at the centre of a Premiership Rugby salary cap inquiry into a defunct image rights company and allegations of historic third party player payments.

✍️@AlexMLowe

https://t.co/SbRM8WOLln
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

the clubs response is relying heavily on the "historical" aspect of the allegations.

Well in this part of the world, we know how irrelevant that will be !!!!

"The guilty parties must be identified ,and no matter how historical, must held to account "

Well, maybe not everybody!!................... :stir: :stir: :stir:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

tigerburnie wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:46 pm Coming to the end of the year and looking at the premiership table it makes for some odd reading, both surprised and pleased to see the Tigers unbeaten at the top, happy days, but we do have some tough away trips in the new year to burst the bubble. Wins at home over Exeter, Saracens, Harlequins and Sale will do nicely though and the away wins at Gloucester, Wasps, Northampton, Worcester and an improving London Irish should see us there or there about's come the pay offs at the end of the season.
Looking at the league Barf, Bristol and Sale the bottom three is surprising as was Exeters lousy start to the season, sure it will all change when the 6 nations hits clubs player availability, but with a truck load of South Africans and some fine academy prospects shining, I am confident we can do better than last years 6th place.
Hey, tb, if your connection with this shameful organisation causes you embarrassment, please feel free to come and join us at the Ravenspan Stadium either live or on tv. We are always happy to welcome refugees in this part of the world.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

No reason yet to change my support for the club of the town where I was born, educated, worked, married and started my family. If you refer to the investigation, I will wait and see what the outcome is, the club may well be punished if they have done wrong, still my home town club. I do have an affection for Ireland, spent some great times there, north and south of the border on fishing/beer drinking trips, hope to visit again, but not requiring refugee status just yet lol.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

tigerburnie wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:25 am No reason yet to change my support for the club of the town where I was born, educated, worked, married and started my family. If you refer to the investigation, I will wait and see what the outcome is, the club may well be punished if they have done wrong, still my home town club. I do have an affection for Ireland, spent some great times there, north and south of the border on fishing/beer drinking trips, hope to visit again, but not requiring refugee status just yet lol.
The door's always open... :thumleft:
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

John Afoa still doing a shift for Bristol Bears. Losing bonus point against Exeter........But staying 12th in the premietship. Can't get a win for love nor money
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:14 am John Afoa still doing a shift for Bristol Bears. Losing bonus point against Exeter........But staying 12th in the premietship. Can't get a win for love nor money
Remarkable for a man who was going back to New Zealand when he left Ulster in 2014, money talks😉
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Apologies, I did Bristol a disservice.........11th in the Premiership!!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

New stat ( or new to me)....how many times had the team in possession managed 5 or more phases with the ball. In Quins v Gloucester, 6 to 1 ( Gloucester single effort in the 79th minute).
Any of the statisticians on here give any credence to this measuere,........And what would UR average be?
( ignoring kick aways!! In which case our average is about 0.4)!!