Ulster MOTM vs Clermont

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ulster MOTM vs Clermont

Mike Lowry
21%
Robert Baloucoune
No votes
James Hume
60%
Stuart McCloskey
No votes
Ethan McIlroy
No votes
Billy Burns
No votes
John Cooney
10%
Andrew Warwick
No votes
Rob Herring
No votes
Tom O’Toole
No votes
Alan O’Connor
No votes
Kieran Treadwell
2%
Marcus Rea
No votes
Nick Timoney
5%
Duane Vermeulen
No votes
John Andrew
No votes
Jack McGrath
No votes
Ross Kane
No votes
Sam Carter
No votes
Greg Jones
No votes
Sean Reidy
No votes
Nathan Doak
No votes
Stewart Moore
No votes
Wayne Barnes
2%

Total votes: 42

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster MOTM vs Clermont

Post by solidarity »

I've gone for an outlier. From the commentary, Treaders seemed to get a fair number of very positive mentions, so, recognising that Hume was probably the outstanding player in the game, it's a vote for the oft ignored engine room.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:34 pm My believe was his failure to card Herring influenced the failure to red the lifter and the number 5 who drove him down should have got a yellow for failure to hold the Ulster player up despite the fact it was his action which caused the injury

The reasoning being the lift of the legs was the illegal act not the taking the player to ground which would have been acceptable but for the lift
:roll: :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:34 pm When a player is injured due nature of the deliberate actions of an opponent than ipso facto those actions must be considered dangerous

In the instant of Balacoune one Player lifted his feet above his head and the second drove his shoulder into the ground .

Take a Saturday out one person holds a person while his mate sticks a knife in are both guilty — yes

My believe was his failure to card Herring influenced the failure to red the lifter and the number 5 who drove him down should have got a yellow for failure to hold the Ulster player up despite the fact it was his action which caused the injury

The reasoning being the lift of the legs was the illegal act not the taking the player to ground which would have been acceptable but for the lift
Erm
:scratch:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:09 pm
rumncoke wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:34 pm When a player is injured due nature of the deliberate actions of an opponent than ipso facto those actions must be considered dangerous

In the instant of Balacoune one Player lifted his feet above his head and the second drove his shoulder into the ground .

Take a Saturday out one person holds a person while his mate sticks a knife in are both guilty — yes

My believe was his failure to card Herring influenced the failure to red the lifter and the number 5 who drove him down should have got a yellow for failure to hold the Ulster player up despite the fact it was his action which caused the injury

Erm
:scratch:
Good - I was beginning to doubt mesel.

Not just me then? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I’m still confused🙄
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

John_e_boy wrote:Unfortunately Barnes was correct for the Balacoune tackle, based on the actual laws of the game plus referee directives and not based on a feeling of outrage.
The laws are inadequate if the ref cannot deal with that type of foul play with maximum punishment.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

John Cooney
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Lowrys composure should have won it but that kick from Cooney. I didn’t think he had the boot for a 50 meter plus kick. Plus the fact that he plays alongside a nonexistent 10.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Lowry came of age in that game.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

germcevoy wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:31 am Plus the fact that he plays alongside a nonexistent 10.
Wouldn't mind being good enough to be an Ulster cap behind that non existent 10 of yours. Or an Ireland cap for that matter.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cooney's last kick was massive in every way. If he had missed it would have been a 6 point game and we know what would likely have happened....a la Gloucester last year.

3 really tight games in the Heiny - Bath away a couple of years ago, Gloucester last year and Clermont this time where we have been leading and in possession in a comfortable area with a minute or so to go and ended up scrambling on our own try line. Lostlineouts at Bath and Clermont and silly knock on against Gloucester.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:52 pm
germcevoy wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:31 am Plus the fact that he plays alongside a nonexistent 10.
Wouldn't mind being good enough to be an Ulster cap behind that non existent 10 of yours. Or an Ireland cap for that matter.
He’s stealing a living at the minute for me. I hope he comes good though and gains the confidence that comes with it.