Our boys

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Our boys

Post by rumncoke »

The legal profession North /South are very unforgiving ( ie the victim? ( LwB ) had a Daddy of standing , that made an ass of the Courts , Police etc ( red faces all round ) with a case that should never graced their hallowed Halls
.But the biggest stumbling block at the moment could be the current hassle with IRFU woman’s game

Demanding equal status with men while being a financial drain on the system not that I consider woman should be demean in any way and be treated with more respect than recent games would suggest .

Although in my opinion recent court cases could hinder a large volume of unwelcome texting if they were brought home .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

:scratch:
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

It is the reality of these times that small, vocal, narrow agenda groups are having an unduly large influence on society, governments, companies, sports clubs etc. All these just don't want the hassle and damage to their reputation, and PJ and SO are just two of many that have suffered. So pleased they are doing well elsewhere and in many ways I hope they they see out their careers elsewhere, for their benefit. Ulster and Irish rugby have contradicted the team ethos of rugby by leaving them out to dry and I hope they never forget that.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:45 pm It is the reality of these times that small, vocal, narrow agenda groups are having an unduly large influence on society, governments, companies, sports clubs etc.
Indeed - there are some on here who think we are a representative of all ulster fans. :lol:

Totally agree though on how the boys were treated and I have nothing but good wishes for them as they eke out their living in exile.

Indeed since Guinness announced they were withdrawing from London Irish in protest at Paddy's signing (which wasn't true anyway - they had made that decision before they even knew Paddy was being considered), not a drop of Guinness or any other of their products has passed my lips. :?

I wrote to them to tell them I was disgusted at their trying to claim the moral high ground when it was because of their products and/or similar that the boys behaved the way they did. Even then, their actions were no worse than thousands of young men and weemen engage in quite legally every weekend (every day even) under the influence of Guinness's products, without punishment, except maybe a headache.

Suffice to say I got no reply, and losing my custom doesn't seem to be bringing them to their knees unfortunately. Thank goodness Bushmills isn't still owned by Diageo, or my moral indignation may not have been so complete.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Agree with your comments and sentiments Cap'n would have taken a strong constitution to have given up the "Bush" as well >burp
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:45 pm It is the reality of these times that small, vocal, narrow agenda groups are having an unduly large influence on society, governments, companies, sports clubs etc. All these just don't want the hassle and damage to their reputation, and PJ and SO are just two of many that have suffered. So pleased they are doing well elsewhere and in many ways I hope they they see out their careers elsewhere, for their benefit. Ulster and Irish rugby have contradicted the team ethos of rugby by leaving them out to dry and I hope they never forget that.
Good post LL
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:36 am irfu sponsorship money managed by feminazis
Spot on. CEO of Vodafone told IRFU that PJ could not be seen wearing their sponsored shirt. The CEO of BOI supported that position. They are both stars bags of the highest order.
Petrie didn’t want the hassle in resigning them.

Philip Browne and the IRFU hierarchy are paying the price with a 36 year old injury prone hasbeen with no immediate successor. If PJ hadn’t been exiled he would have been first choice ten two years ago.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Sue Dename wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:25 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:36 am irfu sponsorship money managed by feminazis
Spot on. CEO of Vodafone told IRFU that PJ could not be seen wearing their sponsored shirt. The CEO of BOI supported that position. They are both stars bags of the highest order.
Petrie didn’t want the hassle in resigning them.

Philip Browne and the IRFU hierarchy are paying the price with a 36 year old injury prone hasbeen with no immediate successor. If PJ hadn’t been exiled he would have been first choice ten two years ago.
I knew the IRFU hierarchy were snakes but now we have a mobile phone salesman and a banker as the moral compass of society. F@cking disgusting.
And I hold absolutely no doubt the Ireland 10 shirt would be Paddy’s now.