Munster v Ulster Sat Jan 8th 7:35pm KO RTE/Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

paddybrown
Novice

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Jan 8th 7:35pm KO RTE/Premier Sports

Post by paddybrown »

allezlesverres wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:19 pm
rumncoke wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:47 am Get real Al I fear he might not last a half never mind a game to many nasty front row forwards willing to hit late, high, and hard
I don't think that's the biggest concern - Lowry has been consistently brave and effective in defence so I think he would hold his own on that front.

My real issue with Lowry has been his lukewarm performances when he has been given a shot at the 10 jersey. Having said that, I think I have to acknowledge we are approaching, if not past, the stage where its hard to see him doing much worse than BB. And it is also fair to say that we can't expect Lowry to be the finished article at 10 without giving him a run of games there to allow him to bed in. If Dan is being conservative he could still bed Lowry in by having a competent full back/wing on the bench then subbing BB at half time, moving Lowry to 10 and shuffling the back 3 to accommodate the move. Perhaps we need stockdale back to do that so we have someone who can play 11 and 15 tolerably well.
That seems to have been the plan in the early part of the season. Lowry was on the bench and closed out games at out half. But then Addison got injured, and he was needed back at 15.

Rob Lyttle's played fullback before, and Ethan McIlroy has the skills to play there, although his positional sense maybe needs a bit more experience.
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

How many games has Lowry played at 10?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:58 pm Burns inability to control a game without Cooney really shows how much Cooney controls the game. Either we need a new quality OH or we need to start giving Lowry a lot more game time there, becuase Burns has already shown he cant play outside Doak with any real authority.
+1
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Vanhelsing wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:52 pm How many games has Lowry played at 10?
At which level?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Mikey has the most potential to be an excellent 10, but needs a consistent run of games there. How many schools cups did he win at 10? 2/3?
I know it’s a different level but shows he has the ability.
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Big-al wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:08 pm
Vanhelsing wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:52 pm How many games has Lowry played at 10?
At which level?
senior ulster team.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Vanhelsing wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:21 pm
Big-al wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:08 pm
At which level?
senior ulster team.
I think he had 3 starts at 10 last season.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

A Disciplinary Panel met today (Wednesday, January 12) to consider the red card against Simon Zebo (No 11) of Munster Rugby which occurred against Ulster Rugby on Saturday, January 8.

The Player received a red card under Law 9.13 – A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously. Dangerous tackling includes, but is not limited to, tackling or attempting to tackle an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders.

The Disciplinary Panel of Declan Goodwin (Chair, Wales), Frank Hadden and Sarah Smith (both Scotland) considered all of the evidence and camera angles available and concluded that the Player’s actions did not result in foul play. In particular, on detailed examination of the video evidence, the Panel determined that it was No 10 of Munster Rugby who completes the tackle on Michael Lowry (No 15) of Ulster Rugby, with Simon Zebo only making minimal contact whilst wrapping his left arm.

As a result, the player is free to continue playing this weekend.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So does Crowley get a ban now?
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:06 pm So does Crowley get a ban now?
Now outside the citing window. We don't play them for an age so I don't really care but the whole citing system is unfit for purpose
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

The citing system is laughably inept.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 pm A Disciplinary Panel met today (Wednesday, January 12) to consider the red card against Simon Zebo (No 11) of Munster Rugby which occurred against Ulster Rugby on Saturday, January 8.

The Player received a red card under Law 9.13 – A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously. Dangerous tackling includes, but is not limited to, tackling or attempting to tackle an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders.

The Disciplinary Panel of Declan Goodwin (Chair, Wales), Frank Hadden and Sarah Smith (both Scotland) considered all of the evidence and camera angles available and concluded that the Player’s actions did not result in foul play. In particular, on detailed examination of the video evidence, the Panel determined that it was No 10 of Munster Rugby who completes the tackle on Michael Lowry (No 15) of Ulster Rugby, with Simon Zebo only making minimal contact whilst wrapping his left arm.

Have to say, I find this absolutely absurd. I thought Adamson was poor on Saturday, but he got that decision right.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I did say earlier in the thread that crowley caught lowry first. The fact that he bounced straight up shows that zebo didn't connect with any force. He was inches away from being significantly hurt and that alone should have been enough for a red for one of them.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

thecrouch wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:24 pm What's the story with Madigan?
Don't think he knows himself!
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

solidarity wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:58 pm
Neill_M wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 pm A Disciplinary Panel met today (Wednesday, January 12) to consider the red card against Simon Zebo (No 11) of Munster Rugby which occurred against Ulster Rugby on Saturday, January 8.

Have to say, I find this absolutely absurd. I thought Adamson was poor on Saturday, but he got that decision right.
Adamson is a clown. He did not get the decision correct. He was coached into it by him TMO.