Northampton 16th Jan

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Northampton 16th Jan

Post by Neill_M »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:32 pm
Neill_M wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm Very good win. As Sparky says a win next week guarantees a home Quarter Final.
Assuming we win our Round of 16 fixture???
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty😂
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:32 pm
Neill_M wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm Very good win. As Sparky says a win next week guarantees a home Quarter Final.
Assuming we win our Round of 16 fixture???
On the principle that, even when we have a great win, we have to have something to gurn about, I can't have this 'round of 16' nonsense. American nonsense. It doesn't need a name!
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

The issue that this raises is that Ireland will no doubt call up Lowry Hume and Ballybeen to hold tackle bags for two months. Will leave the cupboard very bare
Dura lex sed lex
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Tweet from Stephen Jones: “ The much-hyped Chris Boyd era in grave danger of petering out completely without trophies or even improvement. A big club like Northampton really should be seeing Ulster off in a home game.” Charming!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:33 pm Waiting on Neil to give us the best guess of who we might play in last 16. The bottom 6 in pool B all have tough games next week. I have a hunch we might get connacht. We need to be aiming for top 2 finish with will guarantee a home QF should we get there.
So Connacht currently 6th with 8 points. If Ulster do finish 2nd then they would play 7th. Toulouse currently 7th with 7 points and Wasps 8th with 6 points. Bordeaux are 5th with 8 points.

Munster v Wasps (Sun 3:15pm)
Stade Francais v Connacht (Sun 1pm)
Toulouse v Cardiff (Sat 1pm)
Tigers v Bordeaux (Sat 3:15pm)

Can't see Wasps winning in Limerick, expect Toulouse to get BP win. Connacht capable of winning in Paris and maybe getting all 5 points. Hard game for Bordeaux.
Last edited by Neill_M on Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Marco wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:48 pm Tweet from Stephen Jones: “ The much-hyped Chris Boyd era in grave danger of petering out completely without trophies or even improvement. A big club like Northampton really should be seeing Ulster off in a home game.” Charming!
Jones is a grade A idiot, best ignored.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Next week who else may be back?
McCloskey possible but what about Henderson & Luke Marshall.
Anybody any idea?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Thelaw wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:47 pm The issue that this raises is that Ireland will no doubt call up Lowry Hume and Ballybeen to hold tackle bags for two months. Will leave the cupboard very bare
Don't think there are any fixtures during international window with this new league format. It was a precondition.

Albeit covid cancelled games may now take place :scratch:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:00 pm
Thelaw wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:47 pm The issue that this raises is that Ireland will no doubt call up Lowry Hume and Ballybeen to hold tackle bags for two months. Will leave the cupboard very bare
Don't think there are any fixtures during international window with this new league format. It was a precondition.

When's the most likely date for the last 16 game?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

SparkyClarky wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:00 pm Next week who else may be back?
Anybody any idea?
Honestly I love Luke but would you drop Hume for him?? I wouldn't
Dura lex sed lex
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dragons away on Sunday February 20th and Cardiff home on Friday March 4th (non 6N weekends). The actual 6N weekends will probably be needed to play the home games v Connacht and Leinster.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:02 pm

When's the most likely date for the last 16 game?
Games - 2 legs. Weekend of April 8-10 and 15-17. If Ulster finish in top 4, they will be at home 2nd.
Last edited by Neill_M on Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Off the Top
Initiate

Post by Off the Top »

SparkyClarky wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:00 pm Next week who else may be back?
Anybody any idea?
It would be good to get both McCloskey and Henderson back for next week - it's a big game for us.

However I thought Stewart Moore had an excellent game. Solid in defence, great distributor and an eye for a break. We are well served in the centre.
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

6:48 pm

Tweet from Stephen Jones: “ The much-hyped Chris Boyd era in grave danger of petering out completely without trophies or even improvement. A big club like Northampton really should be seeing Ulster off in a home game.” Charming!

Stephen Jones may be a Bellend
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

SparkyClarky wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:37 pm Now supporting Sale! What’s the chances they win and Clermont like Montpellier send the academy over?
I think even if Clermont lose, they're still not definitely out of it. Just begs the question whether they would consider they are?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right