Northampton 16th Jan

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Northampton 16th Jan

Post by jean valjean »

Moving on from the shitshow on Friday night, how will we fair next weekend? Likely to have no hendo, mckloskey or cooney and hume must be a doubt now as well. The saints tanked Newcastle (no great barometer) but the BT sport guys picked up on their physicality and defence work. Another hard day at the office beckons unless the saints have given up, but they may still feel there is a chance with 2 wins.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Northampton 16th Jan

Post by justinr73 »

They’ve gotta go to Racing after us.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

What’s Hume supposed to have done?

He was fit enough to smash and goad Coombes seconds before he was withdrawn.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Maybe hume was being saved for the weekend, but to take him off with 10 to go when chasing the game smacked of throwing the towel in.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:17 am Maybe hume was being saved for the weekend, but to take him off with 10 to go when chasing the game smacked of throwing the towel in.
We were two points up when he was taken off, facing the prospect of a match against Northampton reserves.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:12 am
Hope he cuts that BS out.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:23 am
justinr73 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:12 am
Hope he cuts that BS out.
I only disagree to the extent that I wish he’d been on the pitch to do it until the end of the game.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Hume is now the prat that I often saw in other teams that I wished we had on ours. Can’t complain. Keep him fit and keep him annoying.
Last edited by germcevoy on Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

He can goad them all as far as I'm concerned. It's a b@astardry we've missed since the Neil Best days. Great to see
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Providing it doesn’t get decisions overturned I’m happy enough with a bit of attitude frankly.
To hear Quinlan of all people trying to call him out on commentary was laughable.
Hume has been superb since Marshall’s injury, and ridiculously good injury profile wise, he is now a fully fledged top player for UR, and his development timescales have been ridiculous.
He consistently stopped Munster forwards on the gainline, and he rightly loved it!!

For me Ringroses free pass at 13 for Ire is over. Henshaw is irelands best centre. I’ve not seen Ringroses outside break for a long long time, his passing game to release wings is poor (Stockdale really should’ve grabbed him by the throat in the changing rooms in multiple games to get a half decent pass off him, as he only passed once he ate all the ground up and there was no other option), he soaks big territory defensively. Although I will say his defensive performance physically was superb v ABs stopping them generally on the gainline…..but that has been a one off.

Hume is more physical, gets over the gainline consistently either through contact, or inside breaks. Great footwork, eye for the line. No more psychological “bending of the knee”, or being happy to being in training squads.
Loving humes confidence, ambition, and not accepting the status quo in Irish rugby frankly.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Hit the nail on the head. Hume has the right attitude, it's a shame some of the rest don't take a leaf out of his book.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Referee: Pierre Brousset (Fra)

3:15pm KO TV BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

Leinster fans won't be remotely happy about this given their 28-0 but it seems the most sensible way forward.

Edit, image was too large. The postponed games are to be put as 0-0 with 2 points for everyone.

https://twitter.com/willgkelleher/statu ... EyrPw&s=19
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Tweet Chris Foy
@FoyChris

European tournaments on brink of more chaos as English clubs set for joint withdrawal from French fixtures if quarantine demands are not removed and Scarlets also reluctant to travel

Clermont v Sale
Bordeaux v Scarlets
La Rochelle v Bath
Biarritz v Newcastle (CC)

May be in doubt as visiting sides to France are currently required to do 48 hours quarantine pre game and anyone testing positive will be required to do 10 days of self isolation.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The English sides are pulling out, you say?

It's our year.

Believe.

SUFTUM UTID
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?