Novice

Re: 6 nations 22

Post by volvo »

Finn Russell dropped for Saturday got a seat on bench
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

volvo wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:46 pm Finn Russell dropped for Saturday got a seat on bench
Give me Sexton all day everyday over Russell….Russell is like a Alfa Romeo….looks the part, but fecking unreliable. Lions did Ire a favour leaving Sexton out, he was the best 10 last yr, and it was a mistake.

Interesting to see how Kinghorn goes, very dangerous player in back 3, reckon he’s a better option at 10 than Hogg as I reckon he has a better all round skill set for 10 - we’ll see.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

flatpass wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:06 pm Ireland (v Scotland):
15. Hugo Keenan
14. Mack Hansen
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Bundee Aki
11. James Lowe
10. Johnny Sexton (captain)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park
1. Cian Healy
2. Dan Sheehan
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Tadhg Beirne
5. Iain Henderson
6. Caelan Doris
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jack Conan
Replacements:
16. Rob Herring
17. Dave Kilcoyne
18. Finlay Bealham
19. Kieran Treadwell
20. Peter O’Mahony
21. Conor Murray
22. Joey Carbery
23. Robbie Henshaw
Happy with that side. Glad to see Conan back. Interesting re Hansen over Conway who apart from 1 kick direct into touch I thought was v good (injury?) Re those 2 changes suggests to me with a carrier & baller, we fancy imposing our style of play over Scotland and retaining possession. Looks a v strong experienced bench, settled bench bar Treaders, who could add value off bench with his athletic ability.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Meanwhile at HQ Eddie looks like he has possibly lost the plot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60781546
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Dharper wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:21 pm
flatpass wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:06 pm Ireland (v Scotland):
15. Hugo Keenan
14. Mack Hansen
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Bundee Aki
11. James Lowe
10. Johnny Sexton (captain)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park
1. Cian Healy
2. Dan Sheehan
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Tadhg Beirne
5. Iain Henderson
6. Caelan Doris
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jack Conan
Replacements:
16. Rob Herring
17. Dave Kilcoyne
18. Finlay Bealham
19. Kieran Treadwell
20. Peter O’Mahony
21. Conor Murray
22. Joey Carbery
23. Robbie Henshaw
Happy with that side. Glad to see Conan back. Interesting re Hansen over Conway who apart from 1 kick direct into touch I thought was v good (injury?) Re those 2 changes suggests to me with a carrier & baller, we fancy imposing our style of play over Scotland and retaining possession. Looks a v strong experienced bench, settled bench bar Treaders, who could add value off bench with his athletic ability.
Conway nursing a knee injury
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Such great Irish talent we are bringing through, 4 of our backs aren't Irish. 😂

How terrible does Aki have to be to be dropped?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Yeah it’s an odd one really.

The wing situation could be ridiculous with potentially earls/Stockdale/Conway/Balacoune/lowe/Hansen fighting it out. Hansen looks a nice footballer although whether he currently has an int defence is unknown. I thought lowe was excellent v eng, he repeatedly kept getting over the gainline and back infield to keep the phases going - and that boot of his is a real bonus. Lowes power in the carry in those wide channels is a real asset. Balacoune for me is ready for gametime. I’d say the area for his obvious development is really to compliment this new ire gameplan. Get more involved and have a decent passing game - lovely offload v Leinster last week mind.
Aki looked v good v wales lovely distribution, however was rushed v France. I just think he is one of those really solid defensive players who does a job - bit like Brad Barrett at sarries back in the day. Really I’ve not noticed us being cut apart in that 10/12 channel, he pretty much seals it off - and he defo smashed big eng ball carrier on the gainline. Anyone else noticed JS not doing as much tackling/ upright wraps these days? Henshaw is my favourite centre but what a player to bring on - up to Hume to up the ante over the summer.
JGP is playing pretty nicely maybe he is benefiting re a lack of direct competition for one reason or another but AF can only go on training and what fits the gameplan. Let’s see how Doak gets on v DuPont-may then convince Ire to fast track a pathway for him over Casey.
Overall mind I’d say there were viable ire developed alternatives-but I wouldn’t have an issue with the lads at all.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:Such great Irish talent we are bringing through, 4 of our backs aren't Irish. Image

How terrible does Aki have to be to be dropped?
Lowe is as bad a defender as I've seen at this level.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

volvo wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:46 pm Finn Russell dropped for Saturday got a seat on bench
He’s lucky to get on the bench. He’s been sh1te this tournament.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

A post from Glasgow Warriors forum. If true Russell is lucky to get even sitting on the bench.

"Just heard an audio clip from one of the players in the Scotland squad saying that the six players were told by the team manager not to go out as they were leaving but went anyways. Townsend got wind of it phoned Hogg and told them all to be back at the hotel in half an hour, all but Finn returned, who stayed out till 4am on the pi$h, then went back to his parents house rather than training. All very familiar. All very Scottish.

Until our players start to take things more seriously, we get proper sports science and sports psychology, we’ll win feck all, regardless of how talented our players are."
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Great break by the Italian Lowry at the death there!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:12 pm Great break by the Italian Lowry at the death there!
Magic. Given the context, that has to be the try of the tournament so far.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

One of the best counterattack tries I have ever seen. Magnificent courage too and beautifully executed.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Magnificent of Josh Adams to give his motm medal to Capuozzo. That encapsulates the respect within rugby.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I think Capuozzo has been watching Mikey Lowry.