6 nations 22

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: 6 nations 22

Post by solidarity »

Half time. Watching the match and The Italian Job at the same time. Neither up to much really; both over-hyped.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

solidarity wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:56 pm Half time. Watching the match and The Italian Job at the same time. Neither up to much really; both over-hyped.
Harsh, the original Italian Job is a classic. The remake is rubbish to be fair.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Ringrose is a complete fraud. Most overhyped player in recent Irish history. Does F all other than run sideways.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:39 pm Ringrose is a complete fraud. Most overhyped player in recent Irish history. Does F all other than run sideways.
Agreed except that he is sometimes effective in defence. He certainly never, ever passes the ball.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:50 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:04 pm What a greedy little stain Hogg is.
He's devastating 2m short of the try-line :lol: :lol: :lol:
Delighted to see great captaincy and leadership from the a**eh**e captain Hogg with his greed for the line costing his team a try. Priceless and unforgivable. Compare the Italian full back.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Hogg has butchered more than he’s scored.

Pretty poor decision to go out on the lash this week as well, although I suppose they’ve got to celebrate the few wins they get.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Finding it quite strange that the media seem to be going a bit crazy with Irelands 6 nations. Wales and Italy were abysmal. Scotland were okay today but pretty average really. England away was a struggle Vs 14 men and eventually pulled clear and then defeat in France. Definitely some bright players coming through but I wasnt blown away by any means. France looked pretty good for sure.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Absolutely. I think Ireland have been average but certainly not as good as what they’ll receive from the Dublin media. It’ll be papered over and the same players will start until they are found out in another World Cup shambles. I know that Ireland were in with a sniff of a championship so major changes weren’t going to happen. But I find it Unbelievable that Balacoune didn’t even make a squad with Hume and Lowry a few token minutes. I still struggle to see why McLoskey doesn’t even get a mention by the media. Practically every team Ulster play say McLoskey is who they look out for on the team sheet. Henshaw is better but Surely Aki isn’t?? Carty over Carberry also. Belfast based rugby media types to happy to be involved and don’t want to rock the boat. Dublin moguls happy to keep their mates and mates of mates at the top.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I struggle to see how Aki fits into the style of rugby Ireland are currently trying to play especially with the Irish players now at their disposal.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm genuinely excited to watch the Ulster backline these days. The Ireland one bores me. Aki is of a certain background that creates a natural overrating. A bit like anyone from Brazil in wendyball. No matter what anyone says, I would never swap him for any equivalent at Ulster. The selection for Ireland has never been about form and probably never will. It isn't even based on nationality, ffs. There are international standard players being overlooked for selection because of players who are not irish (northern or southern). I wouldn't want to look them in the eye and say I supported that decision or that they shouldn't feel aggrieved. Interesting to hear that BOD say that Farrell was a fan of JGP before he came to Ireland. That was a transfer. No thanks not for me. Each to their own.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

My assessment of the six nations

France worthy winners of the slam a strong defence with an admirable ability to ensure that they contest the breakdown and must have had the highest % of turn over ball . This ability is the basis of their counter attacking game based on quick off loading to provide a player in space to counter attack .

Based as it on this format they fail to achieve great winning margins due to handling errors and the fact their midfield is defensive rather than attacking and the mobility of the forwards is restricted due to an oversized front row.

Ireland a somewhat similar game plan but lacking similar volume in the front and the success at the breakdown thus the Irish attack is more concentrated to within the opposition 22 ( leinster Leo /Farrell approach ) Having a defensive based midfield many of the attacking moves were of an individual nature rather than combined ability.

England a team whose performance is substantially less than the sum of its parts due to a power based mind set ( i say it softly i think they lack the intelligence to be any different )

Scotland an team of great effort lacking the forward power to achieve the ambition of their approach

Wales a poor side playing poorly

Italy triers lacking the resources to match the opposition
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I think 90% will have called the 1-6 before a ball was kicked. The only real questions was whether Wales or Scotland would finish 4th.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

All time 6N table updated (apologies for the formatting)

Played Won Drew Lost TBP LBP Points

1 Ireland 115 76 3 36 13 4 233
2 England 115 77 2 36 10 5 230
3 France 115 73 2 40 8 7 225
4 Wales 115 62 3 50 6 10 195
5 Scotland 115 37 3 75 6 6 129
6 Italy 115 13 1 101 0 1 35
Big Neville Southall
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Balls.ie published their player ratings for the Ireland XV. Only 2 players got the lowest rating of a 4. They were Henderson and Treadwell Herring got a 5. Only two others got a 5 They were Aki and Bealham.

Comment on Henderson was "Some excellent lineout work. It is hard to see what he offers this team outside of the set piece. Very poor defence set for Scotland’s first try. He looks like a yard of the pace at this level at the moment."
Racist Dublin counts.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hendy isn't match fit. There is no way he can be returning from injury to the international test arena. Hopefully he is for Toulose.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?