Bye Jared

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Bye Jared

Post by Dave »

Jared Payne is leaving Ulster at the end of the season...

Ulster Rugby Defence Coach, and former Ulster player, Jared Payne will leave the club at the end of the season.

New Zealand-born Payne represented Ulster on 78 occasions and earned 20 caps for Ireland, before forming part of the Ulster coaching team for the past four seasons.
He will depart the club in the summer, after a decade of service to the province, to pursue coaching opportunities overseas.
On his time with Ulster, Payne, said:
“A big thank-you to the Ulster community, the fans, players and staff that have made my time here special.
“I will forever be grateful for the opportunities and experiences that we have shared, and I look forward to hopefully adding to those over these final few months.”
Head Coach, Dan McFarland, said:
“We all know how much Jared has given to Ulster, as a player, and as an important part of our coaching set-up since 2018.
“Jared has helped to shape who we are as a club over the past decade, and what we want to achieve, and his influence will continue to be felt in the years ahead. Jared’s desire to learn and improve himself as a coach has been impressive and it has been this spirit, in particular, that has made him a core part of our culture.
“On behalf of myself, the support staff, and the wider club, I would like to thank Jared for his significant contribution to Ulster, and he leaves with our best wishes for this next chapter.”

Last edited by Dave on Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Bye Jared

Post by StandUp »

:salut: Sad to see. Wicked injury profile as a player but a cracker when fit.
To my layman’s eyes, has seemed to work wonders for our defensive abilities.
Always gave his all to Ulster. :salut:
Anyone know where he’s going?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Was a brilliant player who like others always looked to have time on ball. Has turned into a fine coach but always felt he would move on at some stage. He should have been irelands 15 rather than being pigeon holed into being a stop gap when BOD retired.
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Sorry to see him go but onwards and upwards with our best wishes, we might see him back in the future as he has family ties here now. >appl :D
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Sadly we only saw the very best of Jared in relatively short bursts. Loved to see him at full back; he seemed to come from nowhere and glide through gaps. Hope he does very well wherever he goes. Anyone know where he's going?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

solidarity wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:54 pm Sadly we only saw the very best of Jared in relatively short bursts. Loved to see him at full back; he seemed to come from nowhere and glide through gaps. Hope he does very well wherever he goes. Anyone know where he's going?
Munster??
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Homesick???
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Did Dan inherit Jared and Dwayne Peel on his coaching team?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

Peel was in situ, Payne was appointed about the same time as Dan was announced but before he was released by the sru
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:16 pm Did Dan inherit Jared and Dwayne Peel on his coaching team?
He inherited DP.

It was announced that Dan would be the new head coach about a month before it was announced that JP would join the coaching ticket.

It was great to watch Jared play. He oozed class.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Sorry for any repetition - got distracted by Hope Street.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:43 pm Sorry for any repetition - got distracted by Hope Street.
Were you also watching Dry Your Eyes the other night as part of your cultural training?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bart S wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:31 pm
justinr73 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:43 pm Sorry for any repetition - got distracted by Hope Street.
Were you also watching Dry Your Eyes the other night as part of your cultural training?
I taped it, so I did.

Quite enjoying Barra’s show about wildlife and The Band is on tonight of course.
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

Classy heads-up player who consistently made right calls and probably had best eye for a gap in attack you will ever see...such a pity injury we never saw enough of his silky running and ripping defenses apart ….
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Super super player. JP was a really solid, intelligent 13, but at 15 he was different level, he really took our counter attack through the roof.
I wish him all the very best, and who knows, he may just put a good word in for UR with a player sometime in the future.

The idea of being a winger with Cave inside you and JP coming into that 13 channel with the ball in both hands must’ve been an absolute dream, knowing you’re gonna get a free run against a committed defence. Ire could’ve boosted their attack with JP at 15, the fact it only happened once was a lost opportunity.

As an aside the sooner UR can get Hume and Addison fit at 13/15 the sooner you’ll see the best attacking side from Rob B, and Jacob. Hopefully it’ll recreate that Cave/JP combo.