Ulster v Scarlets Friday 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Scarlets Friday 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 1

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cardiff beat Leinster, BIG result as far as league and potential home advantage in play offs for ourselves. Makes the game coming up against Leinster even bigger!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

WestDr wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:48 pm
Bart S wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:16 pm I take it you were a relative latecomer to rugby then as Neil Doak only stopped playing about 15 years ago.
As I have said previously, been watching UR as a season-ticket holder since the 2008-09 season (the one with the HC match v Quins in Jan when amongst other events the wind blew the ball unaided by feet so far down the pitch towards the Aquinas End even Rory Best managed to score a try). Still miss the very sweaty and crowded marquee at the Memorial End.....

And before I am condemned to being Mr T's calmer alter ego (and mainly 'cos I fear him more than I fear Dave or Stand Up), I've been married to a farmer's daughter from south Co. L'derry for nearly 30 years..... spent 15 years saying 'mm', 'yes,' 'really' and 'ok ?' to her father - who had possibly one of the thickest mid-Ulster accents I've ever heard. Mind you, that was before I went to Kilrea Mart. Where speaking without opening your mouth and/or moving your teeth is a positive benefit.
Amusing. I can empathise.

Went to see Rainey today where we were warmly greeted by the Chairman who, it transpires, used to go out with my farmer’s daughter.

I really like the way they have set up the ‘viewing platform’ at Rainey. They got massacred by Buccaneers though. Some cracking tries as well.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Rum is a reincarnation of several previously famous posters but has no alter ego at this time.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:53 am Rum is a reincarnation of several previously infamous posters but has no alter ego at this time.
Fixed
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Full game on BBC iPlayer.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

wouldn't totally disagree to both
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
rumncoke wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:53 am Rum is a reincarnation of several previously infamous posters but has no alter ego at this time.
Fixed
What a plot twist Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

WestDr wrote:
Bart S wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:16 pm I take it you were a relative latecomer to rugby then as Neil Doak only stopped playing about 15 years ago.
As I have said previously, been watching UR as a season-ticket holder since the 2008-09 season (the one with the HC match v Quins in Jan when amongst other events the wind blew the ball unaided by feet so far down the pitch towards the Aquinas End even Rory Best managed to score a try). Still miss the very sweaty and crowded marquee at the Memorial End.....

And before I am condemned to being Mr T's calmer alter ego (and mainly 'cos I fear him more than I fear Dave or Stand Up), I've been married to a farmer's daughter from south Co. L'derry for nearly 30 years..... spent 15 years saying 'mm', 'yes,' 'really' and 'ok ?' to her father - who had possibly one of the thickest mid-Ulster accents I've ever heard. Mind you, that was before I went to Kilrea Mart. Where speaking without opening your mouth and/or moving your teeth is a positive benefit.
Delighted to hear you're not afraid of me. Thanks for clearing that up Image
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Something doesn’t add up here. WestDr has been waiting over 30 years to be a naturalized Ulsterman but he's too young to remember Doak Snr playing :scratch:
Sounds like we have a fabricant on our hands. Michael Fabricant perhaps? Or similar.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Dave wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:16 pm
big mervyn wrote:Something doesn’t add up here. WestDr has been waiting over 30 years to be a naturalized Ulsterman but he's too young to remember Doak Snr playing :scratch:
Sounds like we have a fabricant on our hands. Michael Fabricant perhaps? Or similar.
Far too clever for me, Dave. Perhaps though if you read back at least a page to the post @8.48pm on Saturday you might be both a little older and better informed ?
Last edited by WestDr on Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Point of information: A "Fabricant" is a manufacturer, not as as I had previously assumed, a cloth Cockney.

Every day a skoolday ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

WestDr wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:16 pm
Far too clever for me, Dave. Perhaps though if you read back at least a page to the post @8.48pm on Saturday you might be both a little older and better informed ?
Not if its some shyte you've made up. I will be older, I'll give you that.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Dave wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:33 pm Not if its some shyte you've made up. I will be older, I'll give you that.
Need to have a heart of stone not to laugh at that response..... (plaigarism acknowledged)