F¥cking disgraceful bbc

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

F¥cking disgraceful bbc

Post by StandUp »

“Irelands number 10” disgraceful documentary about players who have represented Ireland at fly half. Mentioned just about every player in the modern game including the womens game but completely erased Paddy’s substantial contribution to Irish rugby.
Is this what we pay a licence fee for? So that these nazi’s can erase history? Anyone involved in the production of this shameful sh!te should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
F¥ck that @rsehole Nesbitt for narrating this dirt.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: F¥cking disgraceful bbc

Post by rumncoke »

Agreed .

But then To some extent it highlights the injustice

We don't want to talk about Paddy jackson -- the question is why did they shy away from stating he had played 10 for Ireland -- because it asks the question why does an Innocent man not play 10 for Ireland .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I suspected as much was coming when I saw the trailer......... but couldn't actually believe they would go through with it.
Incredible
But rewriting history is becoming a masterclass in this part of the world.
Regrettably I am too old to consider going to live elsewhere!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A revisionist guide to history. Bit like the brits thinking they were the good guys.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

There were guys featured on that programme who had fewer caps than Paddy, but why am I not surprised by his non-mention?

Extremely disappointed by Beeb NI, but no longer surprised.

Given that it was BBC that broke an injunction by naming the players that lead to them being charged, because once their names were out there, Justice not only had to be done, but it had to be seen to be done. From a legal perspective it was good they got their names cleared, but since there was so much around the trial and there are still those that believe them to be guilty and they lost their careers in Ireland because of it, justice was anything but done.

No doubt the Mason Greenwood story will bring more opportunities to bring Paddy & Stu back into the public eye for the wrong reasons once again, (and I say that not knowing if he is guilty or not, or whether some woman has taken her chance to put the boot into a famous sports player, or whatever the details of this case may turn out to be).
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Having spent a few months on this board I am most undoubtedly in the minority here. I will firstly conceded that this is shoddy work from the BBC. You can’t make a show with this subject matter and just pretend somebody doesn’t exist. They beeb were happy to plaster the trial all over their site and still rake Jackson and co over the coals to this day for the benefit of clicks, To then leave him out of a show entirely is just a double standard.

However. I remain amazed at the level of anger and vitriol that exists on these boards with Regards to Paddy and Stu being let go. The not guilty ruling related to the charge of rape but I found it entirely fair that they paid the price for some of their behaviour and views towards women. I’ll pay lip service to ‘we’ve all sent those texts yardage yadda’ but they were caught and publicised. I’d fully expect someone revealed of similar views in texts or emails to fall could of a workplace tribunal with my own employer, The world is changing and there are certain things you just can’t get away with any more.

What were Ulster to do? Come out in full support of the players in light of their not guilty verdict? Play to an empty stadium with little or no sponsorship money as partners pulled out? the IRFU )and the Ulster branch by extension) are corporate shills and would have gladly thrown anyone under the bus for ANY reason. Two young chaps with a tarnished public image were easy to drop.

With regards to Greenwood, he has been recorded on audio attempting to rape the girl. That should be case closed.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

germcevoy wrote:Having spent a few months on this board I am most undoubtedly in the minority here. I will firstly conceded that this is shoddy work from the BBC. You can’t make a show with this subject matter and just pretend somebody doesn’t exist. They beeb were happy to plaster the trial all over their site and still rake Jackson and co over the coals to this day for the benefit of clicks, To then leave him out of a show entirely is just a double standard.

However. I remain amazed at the level of anger and vitriol that exists on these boards with Regards to Paddy and Stu being let go. The not guilty ruling related to the charge of rape but I found it entirely fair that they paid the price for some of their behaviour and views towards women. I’ll pay lip service to ‘we’ve all sent those texts yardage yadda’ but they were caught and publicised. I’d fully expect someone revealed of similar views in texts or emails to fall could of a workplace tribunal with my own employer, The world is changing and there are certain things you just can’t get away with any more.

What were Ulster to do? Come out in full support of the players in light of their not guilty verdict? Play to an empty stadium with little or no sponsorship money as partners pulled out? the IRFU )and the Ulster branch by extension) are corporate shills and would have gladly thrown anyone under the bus for ANY reason. Two young chaps with a tarnished public image were easy to drop.

With regards to Greenwood, he has been recorded on audio attempting to rape the girl. That should be case closed.
If you have actually been studying what has been said on here you should have noticed that one of the main complaints was of equality of treatment or rather lack of it for a number of players of other clubs whose "alleged" indiscretions were at least as bad.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

waggonsroll wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:14 am
germcevoy wrote:Having spent a few months on this board I am most undoubtedly in the minority here. I will firstly conceded that this is shoddy work from the BBC. You can’t make a show with this subject matter and just pretend somebody doesn’t exist. They beeb were happy to plaster the trial all over their site and still rake Jackson and co over the coals to this day for the benefit of clicks, To then leave him out of a show entirely is just a double standard.

If you have actually been studying what has been said on here you should have noticed that one of the main complaints was of equality of treatment or rather lack of it for a number of players of other clubs whose "alleged" indiscretions were at least as bad.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk
I haven’t been around for that long. Perhaps I should read back further.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I'm staggered Ger that you are prepared to in anyway justify the FIRFU's treatment of PJ on the basis, ultimately, of one relatively innocuous (certainly when compared to Gilroy!) private whatsapp msg, because at the end of the day, that's what it came down to.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

germcevoy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:02 am

I'm curious as to which message PJ sent which caught your eye as being worthy of his dismissal? It's a while since I looked at them all but my memory was that he hadn't sent anything particularly noteworthy and certainly nothing like Gilroys (for which the punishment was a 2 week suspension or something like that?).
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Paddy's what's messages if memory serves

A lot of spit roast which was a dig a Stu depending which word you put the emphases on

And a photo of 3 of the four girls present which did not include the victimiser ( accuser )

The fact is paddy went because Women when it comes to non marital sex only see one person in the bed a" man " they forget it takes two to tango and the tango according to them is always instigated by the man .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

allezlesverres wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:26 am

I'm curious as to which message PJ sent which caught your eye as being worthy of his dismissal?
Nobody ever answers that question.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I don't think Paddy used "roast" if memory serves Rum
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I won't be watching
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Jackie Brown wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:14 pm I won't be watching
I wish I hadn’t. Typical bbc horsesh!te. No substance whatsoever.
They only pick low hanging fruit.