Ulster v Connacht Friday February 4 8:15pm KO BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WestDr
Novice

Re: Ulster v Connacht Friday February 4 8:15pm KO BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1

Post by WestDr »

Marco wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:41 pm Enjoyed the evening and, for the first time ever (ST holder since 2001), with 79 mins and 39 seconds on the clock, I said to my mate we would duke out, regretting it for the next four minutes as the noise from stadium made clear. Great to get the BP, my only concern was the ease with which Connacht still scored the tries, but sure I'm never happy!
Marco, I do hope you weren't the guy 3 or 4 seats along from us in the new Old Grandstand who decided that with 30 seconds left on the stadium clock before half time that the bar was a better bet ? He left early at the end too..... Did it once (back in Jan 1977 FA Cup Colchester U v Derby County when Colin Garwood equalised in the 3rd minute of extra time and I was sitting outside the ground on the top deck of a bus) and swore I would never do it again. Now I am a firm believer in last minute miracles and an observer of many lost causes.... :banghead:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Connacht Friday February 4 8:15pm KO BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1

Post by big mervyn »

I have 2 rules. 1. Never leave early. 2. Nevet go for a leak during the 80 mins. The second one can be a challenge :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:00 pm Almost forgot. What about the pre game "light show"?For those of youse who won't get off your collective holes and go to the games', this seems to involve somebody flicking the light swiches on an off for 20 seconds before the teams run out. Totally underwhelming even in the context of Ravers pre match excitement. :lol:
Light show is terrible. I don't see how it doesn't have an effect on folk who don't react well to flashing lights but I assume they've done their homework.

And leaving before the end is an absolute no-no...

... bladder permitting.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Did anyone else notice the tout line being advertised on the big screens to report bad behaviour? Seems a bit excessive and will be interesting to see how many calls it gets. Complaints about Kingspan perhaps???
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There was a lot of spit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

WestDr wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:28 pm
Marco wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:41 pm Enjoyed the evening and, for the first time ever (ST holder since 2001), with 79 mins and 39 seconds on the clock, I said to my mate we would duke out, regretting it for the next four minutes as the noise from stadium made clear. Great to get the BP, my only concern was the ease with which Connacht still scored the tries, but sure I'm never happy!
Marco, I do hope you weren't the guy 3 or 4 seats along from us in the new Old Grandstand who decided that with 30 seconds left on the stadium clock before half time that the bar was a better bet ? He left early at the end too..... Did it once (back in Jan 1977 FA Cup Colchester U v Derby County when Colin Garwood equalised in the 3rd minute of extra time and I was sitting outside the ground on the top deck of a bus) and swore I would never do it again. Now I am a firm believer in last minute miracles and an observer of many lost causes.... :banghead:
One could be forgiven for leaving Layer Road a lot earlier than that.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

My method was to come out of my seat which was high in the Memorial Stand before the end and the stand on the terrace .

Being a man of advanced years even then the thought of coming down the steps and unable to see them because of crowd was not appealing also it made going to the Loo easier . If it was wet -- you could go into the bar and see the end on the TV. and then a quick walk to the first bus and a seat thereon .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:27 pm Did anyone else notice the tout line being advertised on the big screens to report bad behaviour? Seems a bit excessive and will be interesting to see how many calls it gets. Complaints about Kingspan perhaps???
Again, if it's the 07770 number you're referring to, it's been up on the screen at some point before the start at all of the games this season. I even think it's been about for three or four seasons now..... it came in with the Seven Commandments (which mercifully seem to have been dropped).

Not sure quite why it's 'excessive' ? From the size, age and gender of most of the EventSec people I see around the ground on match days, I'd be very loath to put them in the way of any person who's doing anything to warrant a complaint. Agree it would be useful to know how much it is used - and who actually answers it (i.e. is it the EventSec Ground Manager who could despatch his TopJacketsTeam with the brightest HiVis to the location - or, more likely with UR and EventSec, does it go straight to voicemail) ?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The Next time Adamson or Murphy are at ravenhill I might need to report the crime of impersonating a referee
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

jean valjean wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:13 pm The Next time Adamson or Murphy are at ravenhill I might need to report the crime of impersonating a referee Image
:lol: A perfidious offence indeed. Capital punishment required.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm ringing that number next time Adamson is the ref.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?