Ulster v Connacht Friday February 4 8:15pm KO BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrumncoke
Novice

Re: Ulster v Connacht Friday February 4 8:15pm KO BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1

Post by scrumncoke »

Our scrum has been very pleasing, by no means destroying Connacht but gaining more than parity.

Given Moore is making a debut, and was thrown in to start last minute. He's done well in the loose also.

Big Gazza can lock a scrum.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht Friday February 4 8:15pm KO BBC2NI / TG4 / Premier Sports 1

Post by Dave »

Sloppy
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

scrumncoke wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:20 pm
StandUp wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:15 pm Sammy “the mouth” Arnold had to put a tracking device on Rob to find out what direction he went. >seeya
The exact reason why Arnold has been through three provinces and is departing Irish rugby at end of season, toxic.
Some might say a ballbeg.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Gwan Nick. Brilliant effort.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Moore is a find.
scrumncoke
Novice

Post by scrumncoke »

HammerTime wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:53 pm Moore is a find.
Very impressed. An absolute buzz bomb, lots of energy.

Will only get better.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Marcus Rea what a find.

Called for his inclusion some time ago.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Ritchie McCaw wears Marcus Rea pyjamas.
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

scrumncoke wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:55 pm
HammerTime wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:53 pm Moore is a find.
Very impressed. An absolute buzz bomb, lots of energy.

Will only get better.

Really? I think he's been a liability. Given 3 penalties away in crucial positions with white line fever.
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Player of the match, who?

I await a weird obsessive innacurate micro analysis from the usual haters.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

>flog
Dave wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:06 pm Player of the match, who?

I await a weird obsessive innacurate micro analysis from the usual haters.
It's ok Baggy is gone
Dura lex sed lex
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Bobby B sent home? Really? :roll: :lol:
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Scrappy at times but still got 5 points.
Well done to all the players. Kane was fierce when he came on. Steadied the scrum and threw himself around in the loose.
Still not totally convinced about Curtis but maybe he just needs game time in one position.
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

Didn't make it easy for ourselves at times, but a good win. Thanks IRFU for letting us have Baloucoune, Lowry and Timoney back.

Energetic debut from Declan Moore. Not the finished item, but looks like a useful signing, and should make up for losing Roberts.

McIlroy looked a bit out of sorts - I think he's just knackered. I don't think he's missed a minute so far this season, that'll catch up with you eventually.

Big Stu was immense. He'd have been my choice for man of the match.

Billy Burns spoke to the BBC recently, admitting that his form hasn't warranted selection for Ireland, and that his mistake against Wales left him "a shell of a man". He's definitely struggled since then. The first half of this season Dan persisted with him, but he looked lost. But I've been watching some old highlights, and been reminded how good he can be - there was a while he made so many tries with his crossfield kicks to Stockdale - and since the Christmas break he's definitely been getting his mojo back. If he can put together a consistent run of form and get a bit more resilient confidence-wise, I wouldn't write him off for Ireland in the future.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Whatever the problem is, Billy Burns isn't the answer.

He does a job at provincial level, but Ulster will.win nothing with him at 10. He gets hidden in defence, like iHumph was although his defence is slightly better than the aforementioned. He has zero creativity and looks uncomfortable when given any responsibility.

If Nathan Doak wore blue he'd be starting for Ireland.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999