March 12th

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

El Diablo
Novice

March 12th

Post by El Diablo »

Looking forward to the long-awaited Leinster game next month. I've missed the atmosphere of these games since Covid. With the KO in Twickenham at 4.45, it would be very tight to make it from a pub to Ravenhill by 7.35. Any chance UR would open the ground 3 hours before KO so we could watch the Ireland match? Are there even enough screens in the stadium?
We like to MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!!
WestDr
Novice

Re: March 12th

Post by WestDr »

I would suggest that is probably the very reason for the kick-off time..... Plenty of screens in the bars under the new Old Grandstand.
El Diablo
Novice

Post by El Diablo »

WestDr wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:27 pm I would suggest that is probably the very reason for the kick-off time..... Plenty of screens in the bars under the new Old Grandstand.
Cheers. Hopefully they will open the stadium in plenty of time. Cant wait :blueafro:
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

You're welcome. I think Ravenhill normally opens around 2 - 3 hours before the match anyway. Mainly to give plenty of time for those who wish parade up and down outside signalling their virtue :roll: [note: demonstrating your virtue by either visiting the shap to get a red wig to replace that blue one or helping shift that enormous lake of Murhpy's we seem to have mistakenly acquired would be much appreciated].

Just to cover another point, please do not be surprised at the lack of Ulster supporters going "ooh, look at the electric pace, great feet and attacking prowess of Hugo Keenan. Every week he demonstrates that he can do so much more than just catch a ball and kick it into touch...."
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

WestDr wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:26 pm You're welcome. I think Ravenhill normally opens around 2 - 3 hours before the match anyway. Mainly to give plenty of time for those who wish parade up and down outside signalling their virtue :roll: [note: demonstrating your virtue by either visiting the shap to get a red wig to replace that blue one or helping shift that enormous lake of Murhpy's we seem to have mistakenly acquired would be much appreciated].

Just to cover another point, please do not be surprised at the lack of Ulster supporters going "ooh, look at the electric pace, great feet and attacking prowess of Hugo Keenan. Every week he demonstrates that he can do so much more than just catch a ball and kick it into touch...."
Ravenhill opens 1.5 hours before for normal league games and 2 hours before for Inter Pros / Heineken Cup games.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:34 pm Ravenhill opens 1.5 hours before for normal league games and 2 hours before for Inter Pros / Heineken Cup games.
Many thanks for the info Neill. Shows how early we turn up...... Just coming back to the match itself, I recall reading somewhere in something from UR that the specific purpose was to allow people not miss a moment of either match by spending it all at Ravenhill (or words to that effect).
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

WestDr wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:41 pm
Neill_M wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:34 pm Ravenhill opens 1.5 hours before for normal league games and 2 hours before for Inter Pros / Heineken Cup games.
Many thanks for the info Neill. Shows how early we turn up...... Just coming back to the match itself, I recall reading somewhere in something from UR that the specific purpose was to allow people not miss a moment of either match by spending it all at Ravenhill (or words to that effect).
If you mean open for the England v Ireland game, probably have to get green light from the local residents with people showing up 3 hours before, especially with the local parking issues etc.
El Diablo
Novice

Post by El Diablo »

So if they dont open Ravenhill for KO time in Twickenham, allowing for stoppages and TMO delays you would expect the final whistle about 6.35/6.40pm. Finish your pint, quick celebration (hopefully) and make a run for it! Full house for the Leinster game at 7.35. If everyone heads to Ravenhill at the same time, would it be gridlock?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

El Diablo wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:07 pm So if they dont open Ravenhill for KO time in Twickenham, allowing for stoppages and TMO delays you would expect the final whistle about 6.35/6.40pm. Finish your pint, quick celebration (hopefully) and make a run for it! Full house for the Leinster game at 7.35. If everyone heads to Ravenhill at the same time, would it be gridlock?
1 hour is enough time to walk from Pavilion/ Errigle on Ormeau Road or Malone RFC in get to ground in time for kick off. You would not be guaranteed to get a pint and then get your spot in terrace in time for KO mind given the bar queues on match day.

I can see them opening ground in time for 2nd half of 6N game unless the residents let them go from 4:45pm on a one off basis etc.