Dragons v Ulster Sunday February 20th 2pm Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dragons v Ulster Sunday February 20th 2pm Premier Sports 1

Post by Neill_M »

Dragons: Josh Lewis, Jonah Holmes, Adam Warren, Aneurin Owen, Rio Dyer, Sam Davies, Gonzalo Bertranou; Greg Bateman, Taylor Davies, Chris Coleman, Joe Davies, Joe Maksymiw, Harri Keddie (c), Ollie Griffiths, Dan Baker

Replacements: TBC, Aki Seiuli, Mesake Doge, Huw Taylor, George Young, Rhodri Williams, Ioan Davies, Will Talbot-Davies

Elliot Dee is hoping to be no 16 after the Welsh international "served" a two game ban covered by Wales games v Ireland and Scotland even though he was injured. Wales indicated he would have been selected if fit.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... ee-ulster/
Last edited by Neill_M on Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

Why isn't Lowry there? Has he got a knock.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

earl the beaver wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:34 pm Why isn't Lowry there? Has he got a knock.
Involved next week v Italy maybe or has got a knock.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I will be bringing my neighbour with Premier Sport some free “Lest We Forget, it’s DAY 5510” flyers.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:I will be bringing my neighbour with Premier Sport some free “Lest We Forget, it’s DAY 5510” flyers.
Don't forget a few stickers for their bathroom mirror.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Bobbievee wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:05 am I used to live near door to him but moved for this very reason.
Peering in your living room window or elsewhere?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:14 pm I will be bringing my neighbour with Premier Sport some free “Lest We Forget, it’s DAY 5510” flyers.
What about her husband? Will you give him one too? >EW
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I hope this wasn't what he meant by 'people watching'.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

Interesting team selection. Young back row, with Timoney as captain and number 8, McCann on the blindside and Marcus Rea on the openside. No Vermeulen, No O'Connor or McIlroy, who I don't think have missed a game this season. McIlroy wasn't right against Connacht, may have been injured, or may just need a rest. I'm assuming Lowry and Herring are still with Ireland - Kelleher's out injured, so Herring will be needed, and perhaps a good sign that Lowry's going to get a cap against Italy?

Looks like a strong pack, halfbacks and centres - McCloskey and Hume together again. But we look a bit short in the back three - Baloucoune on the right and Lyttle at fullback, but Moxham, who's a centre, on the left wing, and Stewart Moore, who's a centre, on the bench. Still no sign of Aaron Sexton. Look for Ulster to keep it tight as much as possible - the recent scintillating back play may not be much in evidence.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

No idea why Sexton isn't starting at this stage
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

paddybrown wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:40 pm Interesting team selection. Young back row, with Timoney as captain and number 8, McCann on the blindside and Marcus Rea on the openside. No Vermeulen, No O'Connor or McIlroy, who I don't think have missed a game this season. McIlroy wasn't right against Connacht, may have been injured, or may just need a rest. I'm assuming Lowry and Herring are still with Ireland - Kelleher's out injured, so Herring will be needed, and perhaps a good sign that Lowry's going to get a cap against Italy?

Looks like a strong pack, halfbacks and centres - McCloskey and Hume together again. But we look a bit short in the back three - Baloucoune on the right and Lyttle at fullback, but Moxham, who's a centre, on the left wing, and Stewart Moore, who's a centre, on the bench. Still no sign of Aaron Sexton. Look for Ulster to keep it tight as much as possible - the recent scintillating back play may not be much in evidence.
McIlroy was declared as injured and unavailable in the weekly medical update and Gilroy is serving his ban.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

And isn’t Moxham a winger not a centre.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:00 am And isn’t Moxham a winger not a centre.
Correct he is a winger who can play centre etc.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:03 pm Elliot Dee is hoping to be no 16 after the Welsh international "served" a two game ban covered by Wales games v Ireland and Scotland even though he was injured. Wales indicated he would have been selected if fit.
Wasn't Craig Gilroy also meant to be playing for Ireland v Wales a couple of weeks ago and in Paris last weekend but wasn't able to because of his ban?

I believe* that is his ban now served and he's eligible for selection this weekend . . . :duck:

* I believe it as much as I believe that Elliot Dee has served his ban while not playing for Wales.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:11 am
Neill_M wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:03 pm Elliot Dee is hoping to be no 16 after the Welsh international "served" a two game ban covered by Wales games v Ireland and Scotland even though he was injured. Wales indicated he would have been selected if fit.
Wasn't Craig Gilroy also meant to be playing for Ireland v Wales a couple of weeks ago and in Paris last weekend but wasn't able to because of his ban?

I believe* that is his ban now served and he's eligible for selection this weekend . . . :duck:

* I believe it as much as I believe that Elliot Dee has served his ban while not playing for Wales.
He got a hat-trick in his last outing so why wouldn't he have been selected?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall