Dragons v Ulster Sunday February 20th 2pm Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Dragons v Ulster Sunday February 20th 2pm Premier Sports 1

Post by Neill_M »

McIlroy out injured, but Izuchukwu, Stewart, Moore, Matty Rea and Murphy available for selection.

Lowry, Hume, O'Toole, Baloucoune, Timoney and Treadwell available for selection for weekend from Irish camp.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dragons v Ulster Sunday February 20th 2pm Premier Sports 1

Post by Dave »

Delighted to see big Izzy making a comeback. A big powerful lad, fairly raw but plenty of potential. With potentially AOC and Treadwell starting, he would have to displace our NIQ second row.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

If Izuchukwu is fit and we're light on back three players we might see a 6/2 against dragons with him and carter

O'Sullivan Moore O'Toole O'Connor Treadwell Rae (jr) timoney vermeulen doak burns Lyttle McCloskey Hume Baloucoune Lowry

Roberts McGrath Moore carter Izuchukwu McCann shanahan Moore.
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Good to see Jordi back also. His experience and quality over these next few months is a big boost for our backrow options
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Izzy and Murphy could play an important role in the rest of the season. We need as much SID as possible. Vermulen, timoney, Murphy and rea Jr would be my back rowers in a big match 23. I just hope injuries don't prevent us getting to see it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jordi will have to be on top of his game to replace Marcus. The good Rea has really given us that breakdown threat not seen since Rory retired and Marcell became homesick.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tightheadsdoitbest
Novice

Post by Tightheadsdoitbest »

When discussing the back row, lets not forget Sean Reidy - A Louis Ludik type of player (and that's an accolade in itself) - never a backward step and a real clubman - perhaps a "just not quite" type of player (big enough, quick enough etc..) for the next step but for the Ulster he always gave everything and has saved us on many occasions. Deserves better than to be forgotten and discarded - if Ulster are to let him go, whoever he ends up with will get a great player!
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Tightheadsdoitbest wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:13 am When discussing the back row, lets not forget Sean Reidy - A Louis Ludik type of player (and that's an accolade in itself) - never a backward step and a real clubman - perhaps a "just not quite" type of player (big enough, quick enough etc..) for the next step but for the Ulster he always gave everything and has saved us on many occasions. Deserves better than to be forgotten and discarded - if Ulster are to let him go, whoever he ends up with will get a great player!
I think the rumour mill is pretty well convinced at this point that Reidy is away at the end of the season. Its regrettable but understandable from the perspective of both player and club. He still has a few good years in him so he has to look to maximise his earnings and Ulster isn't the place for him to do that.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Tightheadsdoitbest wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:13 am When discussing the back row, lets not forget Sean Reidy - A Louis Ludik type of player (and that's an accolade in itself) - never a backward step and a real clubman - perhaps a "just not quite" type of player (big enough, quick enough etc..) for the next step but for the Ulster he always gave everything and has saved us on many occasions. Deserves better than to be forgotten and discarded - if Ulster are to let him go, whoever he ends up with will get a great player!
+1.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Roberts also available for this weekend.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Think they are six forwards down to the national team.

Weather forecast is fairly grim.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Sunday, 20 February 2022

Dragons vs Ulster Rugby Dave Parade, Newport - 14h00
Referee: Andrea Piardi
Assistant Referees: Adam Jones, Gareth Newman
Television Match Official: Ben Whitehouse
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:29 am Jordi will have to be on top of his game to replace Marcus. The good Rea has really given us that breakdown threat not seen since Rory retired and Marcell became homesick.
100%. He has been brilliant in his first real season with Ulster.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Full deferred coverage of game on S4C on Monday at 10pm and iPlayer (available some point Sunday night / Monday).
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Interesting to see how much gametime the released players get, should give a decent indication on potential int involvement v italy.

For me Rea jnr has finally got an opportunity after 18mths, and taken it with both hands. I hope he is firmly of the attitude he is Ulsters best 7, and doesn’t give a tom kite about anyone else coming into the squad. Just like Hume & Doak, I want to see these young players not taking a backward step internally or externally to anyone rugby wise.

Great to see Izzy back, lots to learn, but what an athlete. Hopefully the rehab has prepped him physically.

Really want Hume lowery Balacoune to rip it up and force pressure onto the ire management.