SNIPE WATSON

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: SNIPE WATSON

Post by big mervyn »

If you get the chance Grumps, maybe you could let his family know that there are an awful lot of people in this community who will genuinely miss his wit, wisdom and friendship(whether physical and virtual) and wish to pass on their sincere commiserations.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

RIP Snipe.

Through his valuable contributions to the forum alone, it was evident that he was both a loyal supporter and a thoroughly decent fellow.

Best wishes to his kith and kin.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:11 pm RIP Snipe.

Through his valuable contributions to the forum alone, it was evident that he was both a loyal supporter and a thoroughly decent fellow.

Best wishes to his kith and kin.
+1.

Snipe's posts were always thoughtful and considered, and showed his deep enthusiasm for both Ulster Rugby and rugby in Ulster, a great knowledge of the game and a sure belief that things could, and would, get better.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:09 pm If you get the chance Grumps, maybe you could let his family know that there are an awful lot of people in this community who will genuinely miss his wit, wisdom and friendship(whether physical and virtual) and wish to pass on their sincere commiserations.
I definitely will Mervyn.

Mid Ulster Maestro and myself will be at his funeral tomorrow afternoon, and will be talking to the family.

I'm sure they will draw some comfort from the words on these pages and the respect in which Dave was held.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I'm going to keep it brief for once.

Just echoing what has been said above.

I'm not one for having an oul pray, but Dave, his family and friends are in my thoughts.

It will go unnoticed, but next time I'm there, there will be nod towards you lads at the terrace half-way line and to the space that even Eventsec will be unable to fill.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I found this out following a message from Baggy, and I believe I also met Dave at a game, think it was in Dublin, where Grumps introduced me to both him & MuM :scratch:

It's always sad when a valued member of the board and Ulster community pass. My thoughts and prayers go out to Dave, his family, friends and to all on here who knew him.

When I say a valued member, Dave had been coming on to the UAFC forum and commenting since 2008, making more than 23,000 posts, easily surpassing the highest level of ranking on the board.

As a mark of respect, and if you'd like to peruse some of Dave's texts, here is a link to all of Dave's posts on the board from day 1 to his last in December '21.

RIP Dave. :salut: :red:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:24 pm As a mark of respect, and if you'd like to peruse some of Dave's texts, here is a link to all of Dave's posts on the board from day 1 to his last in December '21.

RIP Dave. :salut: :red:
Nice touch Fermain. :salut:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

For those who knew Dave and/or Snipe and would like to share in his funeral this afternoon, it will be livestreamed at 2pm. Dave's family have agreed to share the link, as they think it is what Dave would have liked.

https://livestream.com/unionroad/urpc24022022

It's a (going) "Home fixture" for Dave, and for those who can't attend in person, just look on it as another away fixture for now.

Stand Up one last time for our Ulster Man.
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Due to work commitments I won't be able to view the stream. I will stand up with my own rendition of SUFTUM in honour of a fallen terrace dweller just before 2.00pm.

RIP Dave

Stand up for the Ulsterman in the sky
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

As a long time lurker before I joined the forum in 2015, I have read many of Snipe’s posts but unfortunately never met him. My loss not his.
I found his posts to be insightful and sometimes witty, but he was never afraid to stick to his guns and beliefs. Much respect.
RIP fellow Ulster supporter and if possible, have a word with the big man about some new sponsors and a few new names to bolster the squad.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Sincere condolences to Snipe's family.
I enjoyed his acerbic and acute comments over the years. He is a great loss to Ulster's fans.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I'll raise a glass and remember him on the terrace next Fri. I'm sure a few of you will be doing likewise.

I was reading a few of those posts. The highlight from his very first week here in 2008 "Diack is a class act". I wish he was here :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:09 pm If you get the chance Grumps, maybe you could let his family know that there are an awful lot of people in this community who will genuinely miss his wit, wisdom and friendship(whether physical and virtual) and wish to pass on their sincere commiserations.
Messages passed on to Dave's family, and very much appreciated by them.

Lovely service - very fitting for Dave :red:
I'm not arguing -
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:25 pm
Messages passed on to Dave's family, and very much appreciated by them.

Lovely service - very fitting for Dave :red:
I came late to the service but got there (online) in time for the eulogy. I only knew Snipe/Dave mainly through brief chats as I passed him and his motley crew of the 2BC when I was a terrace dweller, but I'm happy to say that the eulogy described the man I understood him to be.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Ya didn't know him that well then Baggy - Dave always denied being part of the 2BC - he was better than that. :lol:

He just hung around our motley crew. >EW
I'm not arguing -