Leeds fans?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Stu_Ulster
Novice

Leeds fans?

Post by Stu_Ulster »

I am wondering if there are any fans from Leeds/general Northern England. Now there is a direct flight from Leeds Bradford Airport to Belfast twice a week (Friday & Sundays) I have been able to get to games. I haven't had a connection to Belfast before going to a random game on the whim and loving it. My local club went bust and now are part time (Leeds in several guises) so have stuck with Ulster.
Hopefully not the only Yorkshire honorary Ulsterman!

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leeds fans?

Post by Dave »

We need some kind of entry exam.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Stu_Ulster wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm Hopefully not the only Yorkshire honorary Ulsterman!
Getting a little ahead of ourselves are we not? :shock:

WE get to bestow honorary Ulsterman status, not any Yorkshiremen or any other blow ins awarding to themselves! :evil: :stir:

Kidding Stu - welcome to the forum . . . even if never thought I would say that to a Leeds fan :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:38 pm We need some kind of entry exam.
Don't do exams these days Dave - not allowed to let people fail them.
Attachments
A-Level-results.jpg
A-Level-results.jpg (166.08 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
All too true, Grumps. If he's a Russian Oligarch we will happily accept any donation before getting his assets frozen off him at ravers.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:14 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
All too true, Grumps. If he's a Russian Oligarch we will happily accept any donation before getting his assets frozen off him at ravers.
Being a bit hopeful there Dave - Russian oligarchs don't tend to fly into and out of Leeds-Bradford

Not without buying it first anyway.
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I used to be a Leeds fan when I was if an age where it was obligatory to support some Engerlish soccer team or other.

All the Leeds fans I meet here seem to be near enough the same age!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Stu_Ulster wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm I am wondering if there are any fans from Leeds/general Northern England. Now there is a direct flight from Leeds Bradford Airport to Belfast twice a week (Friday & Sundays) I have been able to get to games. I haven't had a connection to Belfast before going to a random game on the whim and loving it. My local club went bust and now are part time (Leeds in several guises) so have stuck with Ulster.

Flights from LBA to BHD daily with BA

Flights from LBA to BFS 4 times/week with EZY (frequency reducing spring/summer)

The BA ones can work out surprisingly competitive, so i would always check.
Also Manchester is sometimes a good option coming from Leeds.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Stu_Ulster
Novice

Post by Stu_Ulster »

BR wrote:
Stu_Ulster wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm I am wondering if there are any fans from Leeds/general Northern England. Now there is a direct flight from Leeds Bradford Airport to Belfast twice a week (Friday & Sundays) I have been able to get to games. I haven't had a connection to Belfast before going to a random game on the whim and loving it. My local club went bust and now are part time (Leeds in several guises) so have stuck with Ulster.

Flights from LBA to BHD daily with BA

Flights from LBA to BFS 4 times/week with EZY (frequency reducing spring/summer)

The BA ones can work out surprisingly competitive, so i would always check.
Also Manchester is sometimes a good option coming from Leeds.
They are good timings too especially on the Friday as get into Belfast usually around 4pm which is ideal. I much prefer the atmosphere over at Ulster and Ireland in general, it is alot better than some snobbish English clubs and their exclusive clubhouse mentality.

Stu_Ulster
Novice

Post by Stu_Ulster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Stu_Ulster wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm Hopefully not the only Yorkshire honorary Ulsterman!
Getting a little ahead of ourselves are we not? :shock:

WE get to bestow honorary Ulsterman status, not any Yorkshiremen or any other blow ins awarding to themselves! :evil: :stir:

Kidding Stu - welcome to the forum . . . even if never thought I would say that to a Leeds fan Image
Thank you sir! Luckily I haven't ever been a Leeds fan in the soccer sense just the Rugby Union which was run whilst it lasted especially under the "Yorkshire Carnegie" banner with Sir Ian McGeechan sharing his knowledge. The problem was when he pulled the plug so did all the funding and they had to go part time, the academy collapsed and they ended up relegated and now are struggling under "Leeds Tykes" in the league below.

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

There used to be some Leeds based supporters who went to some games in GB. I remember especially an xpat Ulsterman and his son. Havent seen them recently, and i dont think they went to many home games.

Make sure and post here when you have plans to come over. We wouldn't want you to be a lonley-pint.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Stu_Ulster
Novice

Post by Stu_Ulster »

BR wrote:There used to be some Leeds based supporters who went to some games in GB. I remember especially an xpat Ulsterman and his son. Havent seen them recently, and i dont think they went to many home games.

Make sure and post here when you have plans to come over. We wouldn't want you to be a lonley-pint.
Thanks alot, definitely will. I try to get to the away games in the the UK too especially "Europe" but Edinburgh will be most likely on the list as not too far on the train.

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I see the new subby for aerlingus is taking back the BHD - LBA route as planned before Aer Arann went mammaries-up.

edit : Harbour not Aldergrove
Last edited by BR on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Stu_Ulster
Novice

Post by Stu_Ulster »

BR wrote:I see the new subby for aerlingus is taking back the BFS - LBA route as planned before Aer Arann went mammaries-up.
It is indeed up to 3 flights a day

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

And Flybe is back again
www.stoutboys.co.uk