Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Post by Neill_M »

Baloucoune, Hume, Timoney, Henderson have been released from Irish camp for game time this week. Herring, Lowry and Treadwell retained in Irish Camp.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Post by justinr73 »

Cooney also available.

Presumably Murphy will be be involved.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Should be strong enough for slaughter, I would like to see some indication of getting back to some sort of form mind you, the last 2 or 3 have been modest in terms of performance irrespective of OK results.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Mind you, its strange that Hendy is released but not Tredders
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Maybe trying to get Hendy game time before they break him the following week against the Englanders?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Ed Zachary. Oh and welcome back Baggy!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

volvo wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:36 pm Maybe trying to get Hendy game time before they break him the following week against the Englanders?
Undoubtedly but why keep Tredders? I mean there is no way he will feature against the Lionels, must be needed for some XXXL tackle begs.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
volvo wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:36 pm Maybe trying to get Hendy game time before they break him the following week against the Englanders?
Undoubtedly but why keep Tredders? I mean there is no way he will feature against the Lionels, must be needed for some XXXL tackle begs.
It's a selfish system. It always suits the Oirish team rather than the player or provinces. The player in this case, gets 10 mins off the bench. Sits out the game with his province, then doesn't get a sniff in the big fixture.

Look, maybe that's what is required. Semi final glory now beckons with Andeh Farrell getting his 'I'm better than Joe' statue in central D4.

FIRFU
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

You could potentially make the same point about Ryan Baird, I wonder if they just wanted two sets of a front five for some live scrum practise and/or line out work.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:14 pm
I suspect they will have kept him due to (a) uncertainty as to whether Hendy will get broken playing for Ulster, (b) uncertainty as to whether Baird was going to get cited for his allegedly high tackle and (c) uncertainty as to James Ryan's recovery following the injury that kept him out of the Italy game. Treadwell could be required for the bench if more than one of those problems materialize.

On paper we should be much too strong for Cardiff at home but they have had some good results this year, including beating Leinster so we need a good performance to be sure of putting them away. They have a decent mid field for us to be wary of. They will be missing a few to Wales international duties including Josh Adams who is one of their better players.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Friday, 4 March 2022
Ulster Rugby vs Cardiff Rugby at Kingspan Stadium, Belfast - 19h35
Referee: Hollie Davidson
Assistant Referees: Peter Martin, Nigel Correll
Television Match Official: Leo Colgan
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:49 am Friday, 4 March 2022
Don't think we've had Hollie Davidson on the whistle before.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Navidi is back after injury - never has a bad game against Ulster.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Welsh but learned to play rugby in NZ. Therefore, decent.

I expect nothing less than a BP win.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

big mervyn wrote:
Neill_M wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:49 am Friday, 4 March 2022
Don't think we've had Hollie Davidson on the whistle before.
I've seen her on the box a couple of times and thought she was better than most. Clear decision making well explained but we'll have to wait until we get home to watch the recording before we can appreciate that.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk