Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Post by StandUp »

And the referee decides to make up her own rules.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:20 pm Stewart Moore genuine option at full back. Jared Payne-esque in his floated running
+1
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Wasn’t sure about Moore, some saying he looked like Payne he also had a wee touch of Addison in him to.
Thought we lifted when Cooney came on. I’m a big fan of Callum Reid and Tom Stewart.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Happy with Stewart Moore's performance. He did well, and for the full 90 minutes
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Ulster by 9 next week :D
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:39 am The weal link in the Ulster side IMHO is Full Back

It is not an ability of the player weakness basically it stems from a lack of experience in the position . the function of a full back is too ensure that each member of the back three is in an appropriate position for each set piece play -- scrum and line out .

Why ? because it is at set pieces an opposition can stop if a player is in the wrong place and as a result instigate a play to exploit that fact . In broken play there is normally insufficient time to assess the possibility or ensure those who could exploit the fact are in position to do so.

Does Moore have the experience to ensure he can direct the position of each of the back 3 including himself maybe but only if the the weather is calm and the wind plays little part in the outcome of the game.

why ? because the task of positioning is easier despite the fact that kicking a ball accurately is also easier, the space available to the out half is easier to identify and cover.

Rumn
held off replying to your "expert" analysis of the Full Back skills and insight to the game ( also known as drivel) until after tonights game.
So, Moore is ( deservedly) BBC MOTM.

Undoubtedly you will have another 200 words to explain what you are not wrong.

?????
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Decent watch was that.

Who’s going playing better rugby right now than Ulster?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Can we replicate it against the best teams though.
Easy to play champagne rugby against a team that played like Cardiff.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Just watching it back.

Good old Gusher. Managed to reference the Schools Cup before the game had kicked off :cheers: :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Thelaw wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:13 pm Also has there been a single referral to the TMO?

Feck spoke too soon
Think Hollie (???) decided the TMO is getting paid, and has been getting his money for nathin, so gave him a couple of decisions to make/advise on near the end. Got them both wrong. :twisted: :duck:
I noticed one comment farther up about the ref, but from where we were standing on the terrace, she did alright and kept the game flowing when she could. A few decisions we disagreed with while wearing Ulster rose tinted specs, but in reality she was probably right on most of them.

Best Scottish referee by a country mile. I know that doesn't set the bar very high, but still credit where it's due . :salut:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Bobbievee wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:45 pm
rumncoke wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:39 am The weal link in the Ulster side IMHO is Full Back

It is not an ability of the player weakness basically it stems from a lack of experience in the position . the function of a full back is too ensure that each member of the back three is in an appropriate position for each set piece play -- scrum and line out .

Why ? because it is at set pieces an opposition can stop if a player is in the wrong place and as a result instigate a play to exploit that fact . In broken play there is normally insufficient time to assess the possibility or ensure those who could exploit the fact are in position to do so.

Does Moore have the experience to ensure he can direct the position of each of the back 3 including himself maybe but only if the the weather is calm and the wind plays little part in the outcome of the game.

why ? because the task of positioning is easier despite the fact that kicking a ball accurately is also easier, the space available to the out half is easier to identify and cover.

Rumn
held off replying to your "expert" analysis of the Full Back skills and insight to the game ( also known as drivel) until after tonights game.
So, Moore is ( deservedly) BBC MOTM.

Undoubtedly you will have another 200 words to explain what you are not wrong.

?????
>appl >appl >appl
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

StandUp wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:27 pm Can we replicate it against the best teams though.
Easy to play champagne rugby against a team that played like Cardiff.
Pretty sure we have already beaten some good teams already this year. And for once you can really see great young players coming through en mass
Dura lex sed lex
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:30 pm Just watching it back.

Good old Gusher. Managed to reference the Schools Cup before the game had kicked off :cheers: :lol:
Don't suppose our renditions of "Stand up for Ukrainians" came across on the telebox?

When we did try to start it most who joined in just heard the tune and sang "stand up for the Ulstermen". Oh well! :banghead:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:34 pm
big mervyn wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:30 pm Just watching it back.

Don't suppose our renditions of "Stand up for Ukrainians" came across on the telebox?

When we did try to start it most who joined in just heard the tune and sang "stand up for the Ulstermen". Oh well! :banghead:
clearly surrounded by too many prop forwards!! :stir: :stir: :stir:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

TBF, Rum'n just vocalised the doubt of Moore's experience at FB the night before the game as did others
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!