Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:34 pm
Don't suppose our renditions of "Stand up for Ukrainians" came across on the telebox?

When we did try to start it most who joined in just heard the tune and sang "stand up for the Ulstermen". Oh well! :banghead:
Would quite happily join in with this if a concerted effort was put together to organise it for next weekend.

14 minutes on the clock may be suitable to mark Ukraines 2014 Revolution of Dignity.

Some young buck with social media skills could start a movement.

HWM could surely sort out a Ukraine flag and face paints again the big TV whore.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:06 pm
Don't suppose our renditions of "Stand up for Ukrainians" came across on the telebox?

When we did try to start it most who joined in just heard the tune and sang "stand up for the Ulstermen". Oh well! :banghead:
Would quite happily join in with this if a concerted effort was put together to organise it for next weekend.

14 minutes on the clock may be suitable to mark Ukraines 2014 Revolution of Dignity.

HWM could surely sort out a Ukraine flag and face paints again the big TV whore.
I was fully expecting this and was a tad disappointed to say the least :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HWM et al were wearing blue and yellow face paint and we had a Ukraine fleg about 10 ft x 3ft. On display before match and while applause for Ukraine. Also as teams came out after half time, again when we scored the 4th try and at the end of the game.
I had tried to get a Ukrainian Fleg to bring, but every source I tried was sold out. Apparently HWM has had the elongated fleg for years. O
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:27 pm

Disappointed, why?

They were duly attired, but despite trying to attract attention of camera men, couldn't do much. Presume cameras didn't pick them out?

TV controlled by Putin? URC= United Russian Championship?
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:56 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:27 pm

Disappointed, why?

They were duly attired, but despite trying to attract attention of camera men, couldn't do much. Presume cameras didn't pick them out?

TV controlled by Putin? URC= United Russian Championship?
Fair play lads. >appl My vantage point wasn't the best and I wasn't able to see any Ukrainian colours.

Must say I was surprised by the size of the vocal (at the start at least!) Cardiff contingent.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Loved the way Capt Hendie handled "the try" in the post match interview.

"Did you think it was forward Gavin?"
"No"
"No, neither did I" :lol:

Very diplomatic way of making his point without being overtly critical of the officials.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:50 pm
HWM et al were wearing blue and yellow face paint and we had a Ukraine fleg about 10 ft x 3ft. On display before match and while applause for Ukraine. Also as teams came out after half time, again when we scored the 4th try and at the end of the game.
I had tried to get a Ukrainian Fleg to bring, but every source I tried was sold out. Apparently HWM has had the elongated fleg for years. O
It was only a matter of time before those swap deals with Clermont Auvernge fans paid off :thumleft:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Three unrelated thoughts.

I might have got lynched last night, if a friend hadn't noticed what I was wearing. I have a fake fur army hat bought in east Berlin fifteen years ago. Forgot entirely that it had a red star and hammer and sickle badge on the front. Oops. Removed it pretty sharpish.

The pitch didn't look great in places, I gthought it had been much better recently.

The sooner they get back to the straightforward forward pass law, the better. All of this 'relative to the player's forward movement' and 'passed backward even though it actually moves forward' nonsense just makes life more difficult for everybody.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Big-al wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:19 am Sexton needs more game time, give him any room and he will burn literally any player in Europe.
Not a quality that is required much in a rugby player.

Would spend a lot of time suspended, which would take away from the game time you want him to have.

Suspect he would also spend a lot of time injured too.

:duck:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:57 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:50 pm
It was only a matter of time before those swap deals with Clermont Auvernge fans paid off :thumleft:
HWM doesn't do swap deals with opposition fans - he just leaves his flegs etc lying around when drunk, then forgets where he's left them.

I suspect he has a standing order at the fleg shap on the Newtownards Road and they just check the fixtures knowing every time there's an away match that involves a hotel/youth hostel/doss house stay, they know he'll be in the following week replacing lost flegs etc.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:19 pm I might have got lynched last night, if a friend hadn't noticed what I was wearing. I have a fake fur army hat bought in east Berlin fifteen years ago. Forgot entirely that it had a red star and hammer and sickle badge on the front. Oops. Removed it pretty sharpish.
Was that you literally just in front of me holding one end of HWM's Ukrainian Fleg?

HWM etc were safe enough hidden behind the fleg, but I did pass the comment that being visible and identifiable holding one end of the fleg, we would be the first against the wall when the Russians eventually arrive in Norn iron. I thought you were wearing that hat, hoping the TMO (Tелевидение Mitigation Oфицер) might look on your headwear as a mitigating factor and advise the referee just to sentence you to life in one of the gulags.

There won't be any niceties like Disciplinary Panels when the Russians take over - it will be swift martial law; sentence to be carried out immediately with no right of appeal, and no time to put on a nice suit. Pleading guilty won't help to reduce the sentence any either, as they will have your confession already written in advance, simply requiring you to sign it - the easy way or the hard way.
I'm not arguing -
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:17 am
Big-al wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:19 am Sexton needs more game time, give him any room and he will burn literally any player in Europe.

Would spend a lot of time suspended, which would take away from the game time you want him to have.

:lol: :lol:
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:52 am
solidarity wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:19 pm I might have got lynched last night, if a friend hadn't noticed what I was wearing. I have a fake fur army hat bought in east Berlin fifteen years ago. Forgot entirely that it had a red star and hammer and sickle badge on the front. Oops. Removed it pretty sharpish.
Was that you literally just in front of me holding one end of HWM's Ukrainian Fleg?

HWM etc were safe enough hidden behind the fleg, but I did pass the comment that being visible and identifiable holding one end of the fleg, we would be the first against the wall when the Russians eventually arrive in Norn iron. I thought you were wearing that hat, hoping the TMO (Tелевидение Mitigation Oфицер) might look on your headwear as a mitigating factor and advise the referee just to sentence you to life in one of the gulags.

There won't be any niceties like Disciplinary Panels when the Russians take over - it will be swift martial law; sentence to be carried out immediately with no right of appeal, and no time to put on a nice suit. Pleading guilty won't help to reduce the sentence any either, as they will have your confession already written in advance, simply requiring you to sign it - the easy way or the hard way.
Russians won’t make it past Cregagh estate without getting their tyres slashed and their radios stolen.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

StandUp wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:01 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:17 am

:lol: :lol:
Don't laugh StandUp you're only adding fuel to the.... for his bad jokes.

Thank goodness we weren't playing the Dragons :whistle:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Saw the fleg fine on TV.

Didn't pick up on 'Standup for the Ukrainians!' As has been shown many times previously, slight teeaks to established verses never reaĺy work
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk