Ulster v Leinster Saturday March 12th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 1 & TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster v Leinster Saturday March 12th 7:35pm KO Premier Sports 1 & TG4

Post by solidarity »

BR wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:00 pm
HammerTime wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:26 am
jean valjean wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:39 am Is it not the case that if we and leinster progress in Europe we end up with a semi final in Ireland? As ulster are highest seeds we get to nominate a ground, guess where that will be?
It’ll 100%% be a viva for euro but I’m talking about a potential league final. Has a final city been nominated or does it just go to the top seeds pick?
Consistent with URC policy, the final venue will be determined by a complex formula governed the birth sign of the penultimate front row replacement (non-HIA) to score an unconverted try in the pool stages of the regular season (not including 'shield' matches) multiplied by the number of errors they have made publishing the league table on their web page/app/social media accounts during the season.

The final venue will be communicated (incorrectly) at least 4 hours before kick-off (subject to time differences).
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds about right.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I remember one of those horizontal rain nights. My young teen daughter used to go to Ravers with me regularly. On that night, she brought her friend and, against my advice, they clearly decided that neither of them could lose out in the coolness stakes by being happed up well. Soaked, frozen and miserable. Only match I've ever left early.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:44 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:24 pm
BR wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:46 am If it is indeed the scarlets mstch, thst im thinking of (and frankly who can tell, what with that sort of weather being fairly typical back then) it was the rain and the wind.
:lol:

Nice try BR. >flog

So how come if it was so typical, we still pick it and a couple of others out as so memorable and thus worse than all the rest? :D
Sure there were so many we can't even pick them out individually any more - but I remember the Glouscarlequins was definitely the worst - except maybe for that other one.
Funny, Glos was another one that came to my memory. I don't seem to recall the Quinns one though, and I never missed a match for a lot of years back then. :scratch:

Unless it was the one where the temporary stand was in danger of blowing over ? ? ?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:00 pm The final venue will be communicated (incorrectly) at least 4 hours before kick-off (subject to time differences).
And Tommy from Comber will be livid.
I'm not arguing -
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

I agree that5he Glocs match was the worst experience.in those days I was a regular on the terrace and with the crowd packed in tight before redevelopment and normally you only got the top of your head soaked. However the Glocs match was horrendous, I know people talk about being soaked to the skin but that night in spite of being well equipped with a good rain coat and warm sweater, and shirt the rain went right through to my skin.
The Scarlets match maybe wasn’t as wet but the wind made it very dangerous. We watched from the terrace as the Camera man on the Simon Escape ladder behind the “pigeon Loft” swayed from side to side before he was brought down shortly after half time. Then the Temporary Stand at the Memorial end was evacuated on safety grounds. Worst of all after enduring the weather we had to see Ulster lose.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

As my photos already posted, neither the temporary stand nor the pigeon lofts were in place for the Scarlets deluge match.

Might have been the Glaws match???
I'm not arguing -
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Aird wrote:I agree that5he Glocs match was the worst experience.in those days I was a regular on the terrace and with the crowd packed in tight before redevelopment and normally you only got the top of your head soaked. However the Glocs match was horrendous, I know people talk about being soaked to the skin but that night in spite of being well equipped with a good rain coat and warm sweater, and shirt the rain went right through to my skin.
The Scarlets match maybe wasn’t as wet but the wind made it very dangerous. We watched from the terrace as the Camera man on the Simon Escape ladder behind the “pigeon Loft” swayed from side to side before he was brought down shortly after half time. Then the Temporary Stand at the Memorial end was evacuated on safety grounds. Worst of all after enduring the weather we had to see Ulster lose.
Quite agree with that I had to wring my underpants out when I got home.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:50 pm As my photos already posted, neither the temporary stand nor the pigeon lofts were in place for the Scarlets deluge match.

Was the pigeon loft not in your picture?

My memory is the pigeon loft arrived before we got the scoreboard from Lansdowne.

I think maybe we should set up a senility thread in the back room.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:01 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:50 pm As my photos already posted, neither the temporary stand nor the pigeon lofts were in place for the Scarlets deluge match.

Was the pigeon loft not in your picture?
It wasn't that clear to me - I thought they stretched farther over than in that photo. Thought there was only the scoreboard there in that pic. :scratch:

My memory is the pigeon loft arrived before we got the scoreboard from Lansdowne.
I had also forgotten that was the scoreboard form Lansdowne. >EF

I went in there to do that one time but then couldn't remember what i had gone in for.

Twenty past 10.

I went in there to do that one time but then couldn't remember what i had gone in for.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:01 am I think maybe we should set up a senility thread in the back room.
Good idea - I've done that . . .

. . . but now I can't remember where I left it. :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
Barney999
Novice

Post by Barney999 »

The temporary stand was evacuated second half of the quins game 17/01/09.
I remember holding on to wee Barney heading for the car after the game coz it was coming in sideways
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Barney999 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:51 pm The temporary stand was evacuated second half of the quins game 17/01/09.
I remember holding on to wee Barney heading for the car after the game coz it was coming in sideways
Well, I hope nobody saw you!

You could end up on a register for that sort of thing!

Welcome, by the way (I think)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Barney999
Novice

Post by Barney999 »

😆
Thanks!