First time going to a ulster game, looking advice

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Ds69
Novice

First time going to a ulster game, looking advice

Post by Ds69 »

First time going to a ulster game today, got tickets that include access to the goodbody lounge. Im I better watching the ireland game there (in the lounge?) Or at the pub and make my way to the stadium after? Thanks
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: First time going to a ulster game, looking advice

Post by jean valjean »

If I had access to the lounge I'd watch it there, at least the numbers will be restricted so easy access to seating and the bar. If you go to the pub it's likely to be busier and depending on stoppages in the England game it would be a quick dash to the ground.
Ds69
Novice

Post by Ds69 »

Thanks for the advice Jean. I'll go to the lounge then
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well how was the craic in lounge? The Ulster rugby public had a rite 2 no.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Ds69
Novice

Post by Ds69 »

It was OK, small crowd for the start of the ireland game got busier as the game when on. Did notice during the game most stayed at the bar or at the dinner table, the seats outside where over half empty.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Ds69 wrote:It was OK, small crowd for the start of the ireland game got busier as the game when on. Did notice during the game most stayed at the bar or at the dinner table, the seats outside where over half empty.
There was a conspicuous absence amongst the seating reserved for the big cheeses. Obviously the Twickenham gravy train was still in operation.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Ds69 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:31 pm It was OK, small crowd for the start of the ireland game got busier as the game when on. Did notice during the game most stayed at the bar or at the dinner table, the seats outside where over half empty.
Typical :roll: You would have had a better time if you had jumped down to the terrace. I didn't want to influence your experience pre-match but Twickers weekends aside, those Premium seats tend to be occupied by well-heeled ballbegs who frequently exhibit boorish behaviour such as making noise during kicks and recently interrupting a minutes silence for Tom Kiernan. Absolute sc&mbegs a lot of 'em.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Ds69
Novice

Post by Ds69 »

Yeah I did notice the ones that started to arrive during the ireland game ( and stayed inside during the ulster game) very few had any ulster colours on them. Noticed there was a handful of leinster guys there too.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Ds69 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:45 am Yeah I did notice the ones that started to arrive during the ireland game ( and stayed inside during the ulster game) very few had any ulster colours on them. Noticed there was a handful of leinster guys there too.
Yer more than welcome on the terrace. You'll be surrounded by decent spuds and while the crack may not always be quite 90, on a good evening it can still get into the 80s. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:53 pm
Ds69 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:31 pm It was OK, small crowd for the start of the ireland game got busier as the game when on. Did notice during the game most stayed at the bar or at the dinner table, the seats outside where over half empty.
Typical :roll: You would have had a better time if you had jumped down to the terrace. I didn't want to influence your experience pre-match but Twickers weekends aside, those Premium seats tend to be occupied by well-heeled ballbegs who frequently exhibit boorish behaviour such as making noise during kicks and recently interrupting a minutes silence for Tom Kiernan. Absolute sc&mbegs a lot of 'em.
:lol: Well heeled ballbegs :lol:
A well crafted post if ever there was one. :thumleft:
Ds69
Novice

Post by Ds69 »

Well going again this Friday, hopefully I'm good luck for ulster as I have a 100% win ratio against leinster when I go to an ulster game. The terrace I think would be more craic, but a free ticket is a free ticket, funds will go towards the bar!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Ds69 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:34 pm Well going again this Friday, hopefully I'm good luck for ulster as I have a 100% win ratio against leinster when I go to an ulster game. The terrace I think would be more craic, but a free ticket is a free ticket, funds will go towards the bar!
You're now a jinx :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Ds69
Novice

Post by Ds69 »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:13 pm
Ds69 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:34 pm Well going again this Friday, hopefully I'm good luck for ulster as I have a 100% win ratio against leinster when I go to an ulster game. The terrace I think would be more craic, but a free ticket is a free ticket, funds will go towards the bar!
You're now a jinx :lol:
That game destroyed by win/loss ratio!! 50% will need to go to some zebra & dragons games to get my stats up.

On a side note, I ended up with different tickets in the memorial stand, and your right, more craic in the stands. But was the crowd didn't really get going until the 3 quarter despite the best efforts of the trumpeter