Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 26 1pm (UK Time) Super Sport (SA) / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 26 1pm (UK Time) Super Sport (SA) / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA)

Post by justinr73 »

There are huge inconsistencies in how the system is used.

Hollie gave her TMO fairly short shrift when denying us the try of the season. Adamson will often not bother pinging someone until the TMO whispers in his ear.

I think we’re all understandably pretty sore about Saturday because:

a) It’s not often a poor decision so clearly and decisively makes the difference between winning and losing and
b) The decision made (and process to reach it) was so blatantly flawed.
c) The officials even got a second bite at the cherry, yet we didn’t see an Immelmann turn…..

On the other hand, the Gilroy yellow and the Zebo red were pretty big calls that erroneously went in our favour.

These things generally do balance themselves out, as the old saying goes, but that is no excuse for some of the dire officiating we all too frequently see.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 26 1pm (UK Time) Super Sport (SA) / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA)

Post by allezlesverres »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:05 pm

On the other hand, the Gilroy yellow and the Zebo red were pretty big calls that erroneously went in our favour.

These things generally do balance themselves out, as the old saying goes, but that is no excuse for some of the dire officiating we all too frequently see.
But the Zebo red was a red - they just decided they gave the red to the wrong person, hence Zebo (rightly) got off - it should have been the other guy in the tackle ?Crowley I think. Your point stands though.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Yes you’re right. Crowley wasn’t banned because the citing window was closed!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:Quinton Immelmann’s testicles should be hung on the front gate of Loftus Versfeld as a warning to this weeks officials.
He should keep our players names out of his fcuking mouth.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:16 pm
StandUp wrote:Quinton Immelmann’s testicles should be hung on the front gate of Loftus Versfeld as a warning to this weeks officials.
Brennan wouldn’t have given him a wee camp slap in the face.
Btw, how long has it been. It’s hard to keep track. 🙄
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
Dave wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:16 pm
Brennan wouldn’t have given him a wee camp slap in the face.
Btw, how long has it been. It’s hard to keep track. Image
5547 days.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

allezlesverres wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:29 pm
justinr73 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:05 pm

But the Zebo red was a red - they just decided they gave the red to the wrong person, hence Zebo (rightly) got off - it should have been the other guy in the tackle ?Crowley I think. Your point stands though.
Still think Zebo was red. He lined him up from a distance and hit him high as he came down with the ball.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

they both should have got red

That really would have mashed the turnips
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:05 pm c) The officials even got a second bite at the cherry, yet we didn’t see an Immelmann turn…..
Thought we did see an Immelmann turn? :scratch:

An Immelmann turn (as originally used by Max) was designed for the attacker to make a second attack soon after the first before the victim can escape.

TMO took full advantage of both first and second attacks. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right