Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 26 1pm (UK Time) Super Sport (SA) / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 26 1pm (UK Time) Super Sport (SA) / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA)

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:13 pm
BR wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:05 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:10 pm Is there any reason why the TMO needs to be on site? Surely if this isn't necessary it helps to have TMOs that aren't based in the country they are officiating on.
The availability of high quality footage from multiple angles is best served at the location.
Is it?

From personal experience I would suggest that high resolution imagery used in medicine for diagnosis etc, and which can be available to medical professionals in multiple countries, for discussion and examination simultaneously in real time would suggest that might not necessarily be the case.
Things have definitely improved a lot since the inception of TMOs and it's not impossible, but some of these matches take place in near 3rd world locations. I believe Munster played in Cork at the weekend FFS.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 26 1pm (UK Time) Super Sport (SA) / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA)

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:14 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:08 pm
StandUp wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:49 pm Quinton Immelmann’s testicles should be hung on the front gate of Loftus Versfeld as a warning to this weeks officials.
I suggest that bilateral orchiectomy is a tad extreme even for thon gross incompetence/misconduct.

I suggest that he be permitted to keep both testicles, but just be strung up by them at the afore mentioned site.

I'm a reasonable and forgiving sort, me. :flower:
With the lack of mitigation and previous poor record, is there a case to go more severe than medium.level baler twine?
In my scenario the twine/rope/cord used is irrelevant - I had assumed two fishing hooks (barbed of course) would be used to attach to the hanging twine/rope/cord or whatever...

If others consider lack of mitigation requires a bit more, weights may be be attached to increase forces acting on the hooks.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:18 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:10 pm Is there any reason why the TMO needs to be on site? Surely if this isn't necessary it helps to have TMOs that aren't based in the country they are officiating on.
The availability of high quality footage from multiple angles is best served at the location.
Is it?

From personal experience I would suggest that high resolution imagery used in medicine for diagnosis etc, and which can be available to medical professionals in multiple countries, for discussion and examination simultaneously in real time would suggest that might not necessarily be the case.
Things have definitely improved a lot since the inception of TMOs and it's not impossible, but some of these matches take place in near 3rd world locations. I believe Munster played in Cork at the weekend FFS.
and I for one respect your beliefs. :thumleft:

Anyone know when the result from that match in Cork will be known?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:27 pm
Is it?

They were to send a pigeon to D4, but the bird discovered that the human population of Cork all talk like pigeons and he now has his own chat show on local radio.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Let's look on the brightside. If there are any 50/50 calls made in the bulls game it will be a brave TMO to go against ulster. I only hope we are in the game enough to make them count.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Is it?

Hi resolution teleconferencing should not be that difficult.
I like the idea of a dedicated review team like what is used in nfl. It could be a home for older refs who's legs have gone but have the experience to make the big calls.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

In the NFL they are heading more towards a centralised office to help the referees, but to be fair their games are all in great stadia, mostly in America and they can spend whatever money they need to get all the angles they need.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

BR
The only reason to review the result is if the result has a financial impact

The timing of the the TMO\s interference is no reason to review the result

The fact is that his interference changed the decision of the referee and the change of decision of the referee was based misinformation are the two factors that effected the result
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

BR wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:50 pm
rumncoke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:38 pm The result on saturday is unique seldom does a TMOs interference affect a decision which could have the potential financial impact similar to that which occur on saturday,

The fact is the referee had awarded the try and the decision was reversed by the interference and misdirection of the TMO
Refs (TMOs/TJs) get things wrong every week. Not always in the last few minutes of a match, but a mistake in the 1st 5' could be just as costly.
It’s not a mistake though. The TMO deliberately tried not to answer the ref’s questions and gave a different version of events.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Is it?

:lol: :lol: That’s the spirit.👍
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

BR wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:35 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:27 pm

Is it?

They were to send a pigeon to D4, but the bird discovered that the human population of Cork all talk like pigeons and he now has his own chat show on local radio.
One of the indigenous population intercepted said pigeon for Sunday dinner.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:36 pm Let's look on the brightside. If there are any 50/50 calls made in the bulls game it will be a brave TMO to go against ulster. I only hope we are in the game enough to make them count.
Yep. The strangler will be ready to kill dead things. :lol:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

StandUp wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:09 pm
rumncoke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:38 pm The result on saturday is unique seldom does a TMOs interference affect a decision which could have the potential financial impact similar to that which occur on saturday,

The fact is the referee had awarded the try and the decision was reversed by the interference and misdirection of the TMO
Refs (TMOs/TJs) get things wrong every week. Not always in the last few minutes of a match, but a mistake in the 1st 5' could be just as costly.
It’s not a mistake though. The TMO deliberately tried not to answer the ref’s questions and gave a different version of events.
The ref made the the mistake of trusting the TMO
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have only just watched the game. Wow. Shocking reffing. The tmo appears to be a liar. Robbed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

BR wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:51 pm
StandUp wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:09 pm

The ref made the the mistake of trusting the TMO
That’s not a mistake either. That’s his job. The images on the stadium aren’t as easy to see as the various monitors available to the TMO therefore a referee is expected to trust his TMO.
The ref was weak as diarrhoea but the TMO was a cheating c¥nt who has now been publicly rebuked by the URC head of referees.