Bulls v Ulster Saturday April 2 1pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA) / Supersport (SA)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Bulls v Ulster Saturday April 2 1pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA) / Supersport (SA)

Post by jean valjean »

No injuries is about all we can take from this tour. We've been on the wrong side on several decisions which I hope balance out in the remaining games. So frustrating but still a lot to play for.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Bulls v Ulster Saturday April 2 1pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA) / Supersport (SA)

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

No way was Marcell's the same as Tredders

Tredders initial contact was on the ball, Marcell's was on the head.

I don't see how the ref said that Tredders starting point was a red card mitigated to yellow. Surely with first contact on ball, the starting point should not have been red?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Poor performance. Subs have been dire. Everyone has been dire other than Marshall.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:47 pm When did riding up after contact with the ball become mitigation?

Doesn’t that indicate no foul play?
TMO wanting to ref the match for a second week running.
I'm not arguing -
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

and Mads more dire than most

re-emphaises that we are never going to win anything without finding/developing a first class out half from somewhere.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Pretty disappointed with that, considering the lead we had at half time I thought we would do better. If we want to be a trophy winning side, shipping 31 points in one half isn’t gonna cut it. I know it was difficult with altitude and heat etc but we were our own worst enemies, very little cohesion in attack and so many sloppy mistakes. Couple of decisions went against us like they did last week but we didn’t help ourselves. Interesting to see even skinstad say that yellow on Treadwell was an absolute joke.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Some seemed to think the selection was good, but from the start I questioned the wisdom of selecting players who haven't played much in a long time and expect them to last 80 minutes or close to at altitude, when they haven't even regained full match fitness at sea-level. It's one thing to be training fit, but the real thing comes with game time.

Tour over, move on and hope there's no more injuries and good recuperation before next weekend. That's a big ask with long-haul flights though.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:01 pm Pretty disappointed with that, considering the lead we had at half time I thought we would do better. If we want to be a trophy winning side, shipping 31 points in one half isn’t gonna cut it.
That's why we aren't a trophy winning side yet.
I'm not arguing -
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

South African officials are seriously questionable as to whether they are up to the job!
Hope is not a strategy.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Madigan is done. His kicking to touch
Tom Stewart needs to improve at lineout but looks good with ball in hand.
Referee not blowing for more pens when tackler not rolling away became laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I no who I blame.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:52 pm No injuries is about all we can take from this tour.
Can't even take that with Jones' busted thumb. Ok, he's not a nailed on starter, but I'd take him ahead of Matty Rea anytime.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:06 pm I no who I blame.
When did Brennan become a Saffa TMO?
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:04 pm South African officials are seriously questionable as to whether they are up to the job!
Not at all.

If you're a Saffa, they're clearly up to the job.

If you're not a saffa however . . . :roll:

Nothing questionable at all. It's just wot side you're on that matters.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:01 pm Pretty disappointed with that, considering the lead we had at half time I thought we would do better.
Thought at HT that we didn't have a big enough lead.

Taking Duane V off to be replaced by Matty Rea looked to me like a sign of surrender.

I'd rather have a knackered DV over a fresh Matty Rea at 60 minutes never mind 50 minutes.
I'm not arguing -