Gavin vd berg

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Gavin vd berg

Post by BR »

Has anyone made any sense of this case?

Reports say he was eligible for spain under 3 year residency, but the residency was interrupted by lengthy returns to SA.

But if he didn't move to Spain by the end of 2017, then is it not a 5 year residency?

Vd berg is reported to have moved initially to Lisbon late in the 2017/18 season and wasn't playing in Spain until 18/19.

Be a shame if spain gets kicked out of RWC because of what looks like a feck up of bringing on a replacement prop in 2 games they probably could have won with me propping for them.

That said, it's international rugby. Reg 8 is there for a reason.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Gavin vd berg

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:12 am Has anyone made any sense of this case?

Reports say he was eligible for spain under 3 year residency, but the residency was interrupted by lengthy returns to SA.

But if he didn't move to Spain by the end of 2017, then is it not a 5 year residency?

Vd berg is reported to have moved initially to Lisbon late in the 2017/18 season and wasn't playing in Spain until 18/19.

Be a shame if spain gets kicked out of RWC because of what looks like a feck up of bringing on a replacement prop in 2 games they probably could have won with me propping for them.

OK, is he the guy this time round who could get Spain kicked out? Did wonder. The start of the 5 year residency window was delayed to due to COVID to 31 December 2021, so as long as he did 3 consecutive years in Spain from 2018 he would be okay, but going by your post there are similarities with Bradley Roberts where residency was broke by staying in South Africa for too long a period so he would then fall under the new 5 year window and would not be eligible.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 am

OK, is he the guy this time round who could get Spain kicked out? Did wonder. The start of the 5 year residency window was delayed to due to COVID to 31 December 2021, so as long as he did 3 consecutive years in Spain from 2018 he would be okay, but going by your post there are similarities with Bradley Roberts where residency was broke by staying in South Africa for too long a period so he would then fall under the new 5 year window and would not be eligible.
Forgot about the delayed implementation. That explains it :thumleft:

BTW: Was Roberts ever actually seeking Irish residency?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:04 pm
Neill_M wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 am

Forgot about the delayed implementation. That explains it :thumleft:

BTW: Was Roberts ever actually seeking Irish residency?
Maybe down the line he was, but the Welsh made their move so we will never know.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:12 pm

Maybe down the line he was, but the Welsh made their move so we will never know.
The Welsh had very little choice at the time, IIRC.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:25 pm

Mullet? 'tache?

I knew he was Welsh as soon as I saw him.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:23 pm

Mullet? 'tache?

Just missing the fake tan.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

So now the Spanish have made allegations that 'Romanian', Jason Tomane was out of the country for too long too.

This could be more entertaining than the actual RWC.

Secretly hoping for the Welsh to be somehow involved to bring this to another level.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:23 pm

Mullet? 'tache?

To be honest Merv, I thought he was Keith Lemon the first time I saw him.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!