Vote early, vote often.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Vote early, vote often.

Post by solidarity »

Thought it was about time we did our bit for democracy. The posters are going up all round the Province, so...
Have your say,
before the big day,
on the 5th of May.

Obviously poetic contributions will be particularly welcome.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Vote early, vote often.

Post by solidarity »

Your starter for 10,

Which parties aren't fielding any women candidates?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well Sinn Fein have plenty of female candidates. Blonde hair and yer own teeth is all you need. Ideally some gobbledegook leprechaun name.

It's just a tribal headcount at every election. Previous failures are erased. How much is this election costing again? How long before the unionists spit the dummy again?

They are so thick. They lapped up Boris' lies. They are complaining about a shitshow they happily advocated for. Nothing remotely stable seems likely. Meanwhile soaring inflation continues with a health service struggling.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:34 pm Your starter for 10,

Which parties aren't fielding any women candidates?
I think all the major parties (i.e. all those with a realistic chance of securing at least one assembly seat) have candidates who chose to identify as that gender? I have secured a postal vote so I will be well ahead of most of yousuns in terms of suffrage.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I believe there is a woman standing in my constituency.
But as i am an equal opportunities voter, this will notbe a factor in my sequencing decision.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I see Andrew Trimble is endorsing the SDLP candidate in Down. Last time I remember a UR connection to palatics was Lukey's Da's involvement with the ill-fated NI21 party.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:21 am I believe there is a woman standing in my constituency.
But as i am an equal opportunities voter, this will notbe a factor in my sequencing decision.
Was she standing at an ironing board?
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:29 am
BR wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:21 am I believe there is a woman standing in my constituency.
Was she standing at an ironing board?
:lol: Bad man Merv.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I saw an African bloke putting up a poster on a lamp post on Saturday, outside Forestside, with his own picture on it. Might have been with People Before Profit? The name looked possibly Ugandan? Anyone any more information? Maybe if we get more folk from different backgrounds into our politics, we'll get a bit more sense into the discussions!
Any other ethnic minority folk standing?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:32 pm I saw an African bloke putting up a poster on a lamp post on Saturday, outside Forestside, with his own picture on it. Might have been with People Before Profit? The name looked possibly Ugandan? Anyone any more information? Maybe if we get more folk from different backgrounds into our politics, we'll get a bit more sense into the discussions!
He's a Kenyan married to a Pole. They've got kids in a local primary school. He's standing as an Independent and his main aim seems to be to represent ethnic and other minorities..
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:17 pm
solidarity wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:32 pm I saw an African bloke putting up a poster on a lamp post on Saturday, outside Forestside, with his own picture on it. Might have been with People Before Profit? The name looked possibly Ugandan? Anyone any more information? Maybe if we get more folk from different backgrounds into our politics, we'll get a bit more sense into the discussions!
He's a Kenyan married to a Pole. They've got kids in a local primary school. He's standing as an Independent and his main aim seems to be to represent ethnic and other minorities.
More power to him!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I've seen them fight over lampposts before but never marrying a pole.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The sneaky bugger hasn't indicated which foot he kicks with, which begs the questions "is the blackman an Orangeman?" or in fact "is the Kenyan a Fenian?" The God fearing voting public of Ulster have a right to know!
277438108_108483595144190_8536309641348675743_n.jpg
277438108_108483595144190_8536309641348675743_n.jpg (61.99 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

He has a tick on his poster. Still a lot to learn.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:33 pm He has a tick on his poster. Still a lot to learn.
Especially when he is targeting a voting constituency whose first language is often not English and who may not be familiar with the intricacies of the STV system.
Big Neville Southall