Vote early, vote often.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Vote early, vote often.

Post by StandUp »

Sorry brother Al but you might have missed the start of my post. I asked IF that was what goes on in an orange hall.
As for scumbags glorifying IRA terrorists, (or loyalist terrorists for that matter) they are the same as the filth in this video. This country will never be peaceful until kunts like this die off and stop polluting their inbred offspring.
If I have caused offence to you and your brethren then so be it. You are big boys, you will get over it I’m sure.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

As an aside, I notice you were very quick to leap to the defence of loyal orders but not a word about the content of this video. Hmm, perhaps one of us does have issues after all…
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

StandUp wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:47 pm As an aside, I notice you were very quick to leap to the defence of loyal orders but not a word about the content of this video. Hmm, perhaps one of us does have issues after all…
I haven’t seen the video, just heard the news.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

And this is exactly why I am against censorship on the grounds of poor taste/causing offence.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Big-al wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:01 pm
StandUp wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:47 pm As an aside, I notice you were very quick to leap to the defence of loyal orders but not a word about the content of this video. Hmm, perhaps one of us does have issues after all…
I haven’t seen the video, just heard the news.
Bro. Dave was kind enough to provide a link for your further edification just a few posts back :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Was this your lodge, Alistair?

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Are you Andrew,
are you Andrew,
are you Andrew McDade in disguise????
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Good job wee Jamie Bryson's JWB consultancy firm (wtaf?!) was on hand to smooth the waters :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Now there’s a man that Norn Iron can be proud of 🙄🙄
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Anybody else feel that Snarlene's much vaunted DBE was actually a big snub? I had her as a shoo in for the House of Lords.
Big Neville Southall
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:03 am Anybody else feel that Snarlene's much vaunted DBE was actually a big snub? I had her as a shoo in for the House of Lords.
I think a peerage is a political appointment rather than an ‘honour’ per se and as such would have required sponsorship or at least endorsement by her ( former) political party.
Hope is not a strategy.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:48 am
big mervyn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:03 am Anybody else feel that Snarlene's much vaunted DBE was actually a big snub? I had her as a shoo in for the House of Lords.
I think a peerage is a political appointment rather than an ‘honour’ per se and as such would have required sponsorship or at least endorsement by her ( former) political party.
Far as I know she's still in the DUP Lord Awfullynice was a political appointment and he left Alliance.
Def a snub by wee Jeffrwy.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:27 am
Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:48 am
Far as I know she's still in the DUP Lord Awfullynice was a political appointment and he left Alliance.
Def a snub by wee Jeffrwy.
Maybe Jamie Bryson didn’t allow it. :stir:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

It's usually the Conservatives who appoint the Unionist peers. Likewise I believe Margret Ritchie was nominated by Labour and Alderdice by the Liberals (remember them?). Nominations by a party does not automatically mean they will sit with that party, but there's a fair chance

There are still cross-bench peerages (e.g. Nuala O'Loan), they are nominated by committee in an attempt to keep some non political animals on the house.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:11 pm It's usually the Conservatives who appoint the Unionist peers. Likewise I believe Margret Ritchie was nominated by Labour and Alderdice by the Liberals (remember them?). Nominations by a party does not automatically mean they will sit with that party, but there's a fair chance

There are still cross-bench peerages (e.g. Nuala O'Loan), they are nominated by committee in an attempt to keep some non political animals on the house.
Yes, but I imagine the local party leaders have considerable influence. Given the support Arlene gave the Conservatives in propping up a minority govt and helping to facilitate Brexit in addition to being NI's first women FM, I was surprised that she got the lesser honour.
Big Neville Southall