Vote early, vote often.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Vote early, vote often.

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:01 pm Pat is a really good bloke. I don't know if you remember the old Kitchen, but it was an excellent bar.
Brilliant wee bar.

It was an absolute crying shame when they tore it down and replaced it with a plastic replica beside the Victoria wind tunnel.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:37 pm So we've got:
Elly Odhiambo in S Belfast from Kenya
Sipho Sabanda in S Belfast from Zimbabwe
Kate Nicholl in S Belfast from Zimbabwe

Looks like the African vote is going to be seriously split.

Anyone know of any other non-native NI folk standing? A few more might help us expand our thinking a wee bit.
Elsie Trainor SDLP also in S Belfast is from the ROI so I guess we might lead the way in that respect.

Doubt if any of them will get elected mind. Kate Nicholl probably has the best shout given her high public profile, but more likely Paula Bradshaw will be returned and Alliance haven't the support to get 2 candidates over the line.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

A bit depressing that most of the students at St Ronan's College, interviewed by the Beeb, said that an Irish language act was the most important issue in the election.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:12 pm A bit depressing that most of the students at St Ronan's College, interviewed by the Beeb, said that an Irish language act was the most important issue in the election.
They may have got together and decided to wind up the Beeb a bit.

The depressing thing about this hole over the years has been that the younger generations have usually been as depressingly bigoted as their predecessors
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I woiuldn't put it past the Beeb to select the most provocative student opinions.

Every now and again we seem to turn a corner; every time, it doesn't happen. Maybe this time... or maybe... >flog
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:42 pm
BR wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:01 pm Pat is a really good bloke. I don't know if you remember the old Kitchen, but it was an excellent bar.
Brilliant wee bar.

It was an absolute crying shame when they tore it down and replaced it with a plastic replica beside the Victoria wind tunnel.
Too be fair, the replacement was pretty well done (probably down to Pat's insistence ) but the punters changed and multiplied. By the time the Bot took over, it had already largely become another generic Belfast bar.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Is there an election coming up soon? :shock:

If so, I'm surprised no one's mentioned it. :roll:

When will the candidates be announced?

Will it be on tele?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It is not just that those children thought the Irish language Act was important but the fact not one was asked the simple question ?

Why do you think the Irish Act is important--

With people being killed in the Ukraine ?

NHS being under pressure ? GPs becoming increasingly more difficult to access --- Telephone consultation being excessively difficult due to " busy lines" and people having to provide personal information to people they do not know AND TRUST .

ENERGY prices rising and wages and pensions failing to reflect the rising cost of living which results from these price rises.

The world will be a better place seemingly when we all can text each other in Celtic scrip using Irishified English such as Telefon
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/p ... 02356.html

Anyone able to tell me his predictions?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

damianmcr wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:14 pm https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/p ... 02356.html

Bath to win at Glaws? :shock:

With a bonus point?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

damianmcr wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:14 pm https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/p ... 02356.html

F@ck his predictions. If he knew what he was talking about, he wouldn’t be working for that ridiculous rag.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

StandUp wrote:

F@ck his predictions. If he knew what he was talking about, he wouldn’t be working for that ridiculous rag.
He does know what he is talking about and has a pretty decent day job.

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/politics/st ... han-tonge/
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Obviously BBC1 (NI) will be main source of information tomorrow but useful addition at elections is www.sluggerotoole.com
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Clearly I'm losing my grip. Voted for a candidate No.1 today, then discovered that the candidate was not who I thought he was all along. Very similar name but not the same bloke at all. :duh: :duh: :duh:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:28 pm Clearly I'm losing my grip. Voted for a candidate No.1 today, then discovered that the candidate was not who I thought he was all along. Very similar name but not the same bloke at all. :duh: :duh: :duh:
Memories of Ian Parsley :lol:
Big Neville Southall