Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2 TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

volvo
Novice

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by volvo »

Hi All

Can we do a wee bit of celebrating and "back patting" our wee Alster team has just beaten the current European Champs with more than half their squad just fresh from a 6 nations Grand Slam and with the current European Player of the year and 6 nations player of the tournament as their Captain and our we Alster team bate them in their own backyard, hope and trust we can bate them in our own backyard next Saturday night SUFTUM :fleg: >burp
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Predicting a sell out for Saturday now..... can anyone remember the last time we had a sell out?

Sell out as in the ticket variety, not the Shame Logan type!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Andy_in_France wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:57 pm On the Stade Toulousain fans' forum they are "pas contents" with Monsieur Barnes. The basic line is that an English ref shouldn't be reffing a British team.
"Demandons déjà qu’un club ANGLAIS (Ulster en l’occurrence aux couleurs impériales rouge et blanc , pas une virgule verte) ne puisse être arbitré par un staff british!" Roughly translated : Let's ask that an ENGLISH club (Ulster, to be precise in the imperial colours red and white, not a speck of green) not be reffed by British staff!
Any chance you could put them right, Andy?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

What did Barnsey do wrong by them?
Toulouse's first try there was a massive clear out in-the-side by them in the ruck just before the try which was let go.
The red card was a red all day long and the next one.
Their disallowed try was a clear knock on.
They howled at Bobby's intercept when their own man went down and it was they who played on. I thought Bobby was going to get tackled by their physio.
With Ulster eyes on, he let them dubiously disrupt the line out and gave penalties against Ulster while letting Toulouse off for the same offence.

We could have won much more but being optimistic I think a narrow margin suits us better as we shouldn't get cocky. Also lots to work on to keep us focused and honest.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

was definitely a forward pass leading up to one of later trys
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

allezlesverres wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:31 pm Fans were so one eyed it was crazy. No understanding of the laws at all, just boo decisions against and cheer decisions for. Mad craic entirely. Very good natured though, an altogether civilised experience
Just like Ravenspan then, but in French! :duck: :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:17 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:26 pm
Andy_in_France wrote:On the Stade Toulousain fans' forum they are "pas contents" with Monsieur Barnes. The basic line is that an English ref shouldn't be reffing a British team.
"Demandons déjà qu’un club ANGLAIS (Ulster en l’occurrence aux couleurs impériales rouge et blanc , pas une virgule verte) ne puisse être arbitré par un staff british!" Roughly translated : Let's ask that an ENGLISH club (Ulster, to be precise in the imperial colours red and white, not a speck of green) not be reffed by British staff!
The poster in question is: le Rhum et le coke.
Or another blast from the past..... Agen-le-tete

@Andy_in_France every club has a few lunatics, I'll wager we've more than Toulouse, I'm one of them.
and I'm at least 2 of them. :D
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

volvo wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:40 pm Hi All

Can we do a wee bit of celebrating and "back patting" our wee Alster team has just beaten the current European Champs with more than half their squad just fresh from a 6 nations Grand Slam and with the current European Player of the year and 6 nations player of the tournament as their Captain and our we Alster team bate them in their own backyard, hope and trust we can bate them in our own backyard next Saturday night SUFTUM :fleg: >burp
If Ireland had fielded a few more Ulster men, we could have had a Grand slam and denied the French one!

A blind man on a galloping horse in the middle of the night could see that . . . :stir: :stir:
I'm not arguing -
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I could have done with a bit longer in bed this morning.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:53 am I could have done with a bit longer in bed this morning.
Filth
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Just goes to show that you dont want to be winning at half time.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Anyone ever seen a pack over 1000kg before?
Attachments
A1B6E0C1-7F3A-46E9-AB1E-C56DE82D4AF3.jpeg
A1B6E0C1-7F3A-46E9-AB1E-C56DE82D4AF3.jpeg (143.48 KiB) Viewed 909 times
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It is one of the reasons why going down to 14 men when the man binned is a wing is not a totally serious threat .

You revert to a back two with an addition of a back row in the mid field when defending a set piece scrum or line out Set scrum of 8 either 7 or 8 bind loosely and exit back rather than forward as soon as the scrum half passes.

Losing a wing denys attacking options making it slightly harder to win ,rather easier to lose, there is a difference . the disruption when you lose an out half or scrum half or front row is greater because those positions create a substitution which is the equivalent of two men from the original selection making a win much more uncertain and nearly guaranteed lost match because the pack is down to 7 against 8 . substitutions are avoided if the wing is carded.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:30 pm
Leargas wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:21 pm Well done, our Northern brethren.
Not sure BOD agreed.

Tommy was c0ck-a-hoop, but BOD a little subdued. :lol: :lol:
BOD is a hateful little b@stard.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:48 pm Predicting a sell out for Saturday now..... can anyone remember the last time we had a sell out?

Sell out as in the ticket variety, not the Shame Logan type!
Or John “my back is a bit tender” Afoa, or Jonno “I’m a wee bit homesick” Gibbes.